Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

5 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Fadol Brown apparently having himself a day. He closed out 2018 with a really good effort against the Lions. Wondered if he might be a player to watch but with guys like that they rarely keep it up the following year. Still too early to learn anything but I'll be watching him as we hit preseason. 

here's what mcginn wrote about Brown last year.

Fadol Brown : The Raiders, with a thin defensive line, considered Brown too hard to handle and cut him after he played 175 snaps in eight games (17 tackles, two pressures). The Packers claimed him on waivers and gave him 39 snaps in four games. He’s definitely deserving of a long look in 2019. Brown (6-4, 282) wasn’t drafted out of Ole Miss in April 2017 due in part to a left foot injury that some scouts considered chronic. He spent his entire rookie season on Oakland’s practice squad. Brown can run (4.90) and jump (34-inch vertical) but lacked upper-body strength and ideal bend. Perhaps his best attribute is an arm length of 35 inches. “He’s a big man who can run,” an AFC scout said in April 2017. “Body control is average. He’s stiff-ankled and stiff-kneed. If you got tight ankles, which means you can’t bend, you got problems.” Brown was on his best behavior in Green Bay and did play hard. He flashed the ability to penetrate against the run and the twitch and extra effort necessary to pressure the passer. He also made his presence felt on special teams.

25 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Fadol Brown apparently having himself a day. He closed out 2018 with a really good effort against the Lions. Wondered if he might be a player to watch but with guys like that they rarely keep it up the following year. Still too early to learn anything but I'll be watching him as we hit preseason. 

I've liked Brown since we played against the Raiders in preseason last year and he tore up our backup OTs. Guy plays with juice and flashed last season late. Not sure whether he's a true DE, or hybrid OLB, but I hope he sticks. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

Today’s practice standouts:

Fadol Brown!!!
Chandon Sullivan
Tim Boyle
Kenny Clark
Davante Adams
Jaire Alexander
Adrian Amos
EQ
Billy Turner
Jace Sternberger

Sullivan is a name to watch for the CB 6 spot. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler: I don’t know what’s going to happen when the pads come on, but Zadarius Smith is CONSTANTLY in the backfield during team drills.

Let me give you a preview: It's going to continue when the pads come on. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

Today’s practice standouts:

Fadol Brown!!!
Chandon Sullivan
Tim Boyle
Kenny Clark
Davante Adams
Jaire Alexander
Adrian Amos
EQ
Billy Turner
Jace Sternberger

Two days in a row where Rodgers was not a standout. Gute better be on the phones. 

Robert Tonyan gets first TE rep in team period today. He’s getting a real chance to not just make the roster, but contribute.
Saw a lot of 21 personnel in yesterday’s install. Today, the inverse. Lots of 12 personnel with Robert Tonyan getting a good helping of first-team reps.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  Tim Boyle is your QB2. That’s. THE. Tweet.

I said that after his first PS game where he got real time. But I think he was meh after but he looked really good for a rookie UDFA that one game