Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Isn't Andy pretty young? It's not super important but he's literally never seen a rookie coach run their first camp. But I guess he's just comparing it to how someone with experience like Mike did it?

Dont know. I'm not over thinking it. He likes the job MLF is doing apparently. Good enough for me.

Aaron Jones said he dropped his body fat percentage from 11 percent to 5.3 percent this offseason. He also mentioned that he has been preparing for possible snaps at wide receiver, which makes sense after coach Matt LaFleur said he wanted his running backs to get more involved in the passing game. Jamaal Williams (hamstring) isn't healthy right now, so Jones has a chance to establish himself as the leader in the backfield early in camp.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Jones said he dropped his body fat percentage from 11 percent to 5.3 percent this offseason. He also mentioned that he has been preparing for possible snaps at wide receiver, which makes sense after coach Matt LaFleur said he wanted his running backs to get more involved in the passing game. Jamaal Williams (hamstring) isn't healthy right now, so Jones has a chance to establish himself as the leader in the backfield early in camp.

Who is doing the fat tests on these guys lol. 5%? Sure...

Also love the quote "Jones has a chance to establish himself as the leader in the backfield early in the camp"... who wrote this sh*t lol. 

Rob Demovsky:  Veteran left tackle David Bakhtiari spent several minutes after practice talking with first-round pick Rashan Gary. What a resource for the rookie pass rusher to have an All-Pro at his disposal.

27 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Also love the quote "Jones has a chance to establish himself as the leader in the backfield early in the camp"... who wrote this sh*t lol. 

Packer News

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Corey Grant getting some run with the returners in individual ST periods

Rodgers slinging it in third and goal drill. Threw TDS to Aaron Jones, Robert Tonyan and Jimmy Graham from 10, 6 and 4 yards. Tonyan with one-hand grab.

Pass rush group on 3rd and 8  (left to right)

I thought this would be our best 4. If you bring Fackrell in as an ILB, you have 5 guys who can win one on ones. 

28 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Yea I’ve noticed the last couple years, there have been some crazy %’s floating around. I think some organizations & trainers calculate the %’s in different ways. 

Like when Magic Johnson wanted the entire Laker team to somehow be in the single-digits in recent years. 

I’ve been saying all off season, and I kinda knew it would happen but Z is gonna rush inside a lot. He’s so good with his hands but lacks speed. Gary has the speed but lacks hand technique. Keep the speed freak on the outside.

26 minutes ago, boratt said:

I’ve been saying all off season, and I kinda knew it would happen but Z is gonna rush inside a lot. He’s so good with his hands but lacks speed. Gary has the speed but lacks hand technique. Keep the speed freak on the outside.

I always thought Z looked fast on film, does he look slow off the ball in camp?

Just watching Darrin Hall highlight tape. He looks a little stiff and runs upright. Don't see much sudden change of direction ability in his game, he needs time to gather before he can attempt to change direction. In a straight line he's fairly quick. Not shy in meeting contact. Very much a traditional north/south runner. His style will fit within the ZBS quite well.

Corey Grant is a completely different player. He's more of a 3rd down back with receiving skills but again is a fairly straight line athlete which in theory should fit the ZBS. His speed is undeniable and would be an absolute asset on special teams. I'm all for making special teams better and I think he absolutely has a real chance of making the final 53. Really liking this pick up.  He would be an excellent gadget player that the Packers have not had for a long time, if we can make our offence faster then that is a very good thing.

5 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I've seen a lot of people bashing this on twitter like he should have done it months ago. This is very possibly the first time he has had insurance and it could be an issue that he has been dealing with for years that he can just now afford. Glad he was able to get it taken care of and am excited to see him out there. 

I suspect that he went in for a routine dental checkup, the problem became apparent, and the dentist said you can have the wisdom teeth removed now or risk needing to have them removed during the season. 

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

...Corey Grant is a completely different player. He's more of a 3rd down back with receiving skills but again is a fairly straight line athlete...

"3rd-down-back" makes me think quick, fast, pass-catcher, play-maker. 

But "3rd-down-back" also can mean blitz-blocker.  MM pretty much went with the blitz-blocker mode.  

The blitz-blocker version makes a lot of sense to me, so I assume that will remain the way.  But MLF is a new coach, so who knows, maybe he'll surprise me a little?  

Could be interesting to see how MLF handles the 3rd-down-back thing. 

Archived