Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

6 hours ago, Donzo said:

In regards to your first paragraph, yes Adams has proven otherwise, and it has nothing to do with "coach speak"... The progress Adams made from his rookie training camp, with a fractured foot,  in 2017 to the last three games in 2018 was excellent. Couple that progress with his exceptional off season, Adams is now the opposite of "trash".

Your second paragraph is just silly. Your fourth paragraph is incorrect.

O yes, these mythical "excellent" last three games where he had 0.5 sacks and 0 TFL with two of those games coming against the Jets and Lions who have bad O-lines. I specifically watched our younger players like Adams/Lancaster on defense last year once the season was out of reach and I never saw these "excellent" games from him. At the very most, you could maybe say that he was alright during those games but calling them "excellent" is definitely an exaggeration. Also, besides reports of him losing some weight and Petitine saying he improved, what have you seen that makes this off-season so exceptional? Are there any reports of him dominating on the field yet? I want these things to be true and wouldn't be shocked if he made a big jump, i just would like to see it on the field before I get excited about him and feel comfortable with him as a starter. 

What is silly about explaining exactly what I saw from Adams. A guy who just eats blocks, where he either stalemates, gets pushed back, or occasionally crashes down the line and makes a tackle. I very rarely saw him explode off the snap, beat guys one-one, and make plays in the opponents backfield. Are you saying you saw the opposite of that and he is was consistently beating guys and was consistently putting pressure in the opponents backfield? Do you have anything of substance to add?

I see AG20 calling our line trash outside of Clark has really tugged on your heart strings since you can't seem to let it go. So being the opposite of trash means you think he is really good? Once again, he could very well have a great year and could make a huge jump but it takes some imagination to be confident in that. We will see soon enough. 

10 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

O yes, these mythical "excellent" last three games where he had 0.5 sacks and 0 TFL with two of those games coming against the Jets and Lions who have bad O-lines. I specifically watched our younger players like Adams/Lancaster on defense last year once the season was out of reach and I never saw these "excellent" games from him. At the very most, you could maybe say that he was alright during those games but calling them "excellent" is definitely an exaggeration. Also, besides reports of him losing some weight and Petitine saying he improved, what have you seen that makes this off-season so exceptional? Are there any reports of him dominating on the field yet? I want these things to be true and wouldn't be shocked if he made a big jump, i just would like to see it on the field before I get excited about him and feel comfortable with him as a starter. 

What is silly about explaining exactly what I saw from Adams. A guy who just eats blocks, where he either stalemates, gets pushed back, or occasionally crashes down the line and makes a tackle. I very rarely saw him explode off the snap, beat guys one-one, and make plays in the opponents backfield. Are you saying you saw the opposite of that and he is was consistently beating guys and was consistently putting pressure in the opponents backfield? Do you have anything of substance to add?

I see AG20 calling our line trash outside of Clark has really tugged on your heart strings since you can't seem to let it go. So being the opposite of trash means you think he is really good? Once again, he could very well have a great year and could make a huge jump but it takes some imagination to be confident in that. We will see soon enough. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SconnieSports/status/1156394548748333057

I mean just for a start, here's a nice selection of plays of Adams beating his man and making a play in the backfield. There's more that weren't included in that. 

39 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Contracts my friend. 3 will be on rookie contracts next season, that's the determining factor. Someone will offer Allison more than Gute is willing to match. I believe that was one of the factors they took 3 receivers last year.

Okay, got the concept but theres the small matter of games to win in 2019 and I see no reason Gmo cant cant help us win games this year. 

15 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I mean just for a start, here's a nice selection of plays of Adams beating his man and making a play in the backfield. There's more that weren't included in that. 

Thanks for posting that. Definitely showed some nice shedding ability, and quickness. I noticed him flas a couple times. But, this definitely shows off his potential to be disruptive in the run game and passing game. Good stuff. Hopefully he can show some consistency, and early on. Can only help having a legit monster next to him in KC.

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay, got the concept but theres the small matter of games to win in 2019 and I see no reason Gmo cant cant help us win games this year. 

Agreed. For some reason people may have thought I didn't want Allison on this roster which I do.

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

There is definitely talent there, these are very solid plays, especially the one vs the Jets and the run stop against the Bears. I just need to see a lot more consistency before I am confident in him, for every good play, there was a decent amount of not so great.  I have more faith in him becoming a good run stopper but have concerns about the amount of pass rush he will be able to provide to become a complete player.

So to change the conversation direction a bit, but is anyone else actually a little shocked that Z. Smith took it to Bahk in the 1v1?  It's just a drill and it's just camp, but that drill favors the offense and Bahk is an All-Pro.  I sorta felt that Z. Smith was going to end up mostly being a swiss army knife style piece and didn't expect him to win outside consistently, but I'm starting to wonder (and hope) that I sold the man short.  Apparently he smoked Bahk on the inside counter, which makes sense because his inside counter rush is nasty quick across the face.  It's like watching a 6'4", 270 lb Allen Iverson.  Still, Bahk has very quick feet and I wouldn't have expected him to completely whiff on that.  Very excited to watch this man as the season unfolds.

No, it's very early; Bahk takes a little bit to get going sometimes... I remember last year, Frack & Perry beat him on the 1st or 2nd day in pads. People were freaking out about Frack- it ended being fortuitous.... Hopefully it's a harbinger of things to come for Smith, too. 

6 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

So to change the conversation direction a bit, but is anyone else actually a little shocked that Z. Smith took it to Bahk in the 1v1?  It's just a drill and it's just camp, but that drill favors the offense and Bahk is an All-Pro.  I sorta felt that Z. Smith was going to end up mostly being a swiss army knife style piece and didn't expect him to win outside consistently, but I'm starting to wonder (and hope) that I sold the man short.  Apparently he smoked Bahk on the inside counter, which makes sense because his inside counter rush is nasty quick across the face.  It's like watching a 6'4", 270 lb Allen Iverson.  Still, Bahk has very quick feet and I wouldn't have expected him to completely whiff on that.  Very excited to watch this man as the season unfolds.

uncommon opponent ?
Not sure if Bahk had a chance to study Z and his moves ( and vice versa) and to be fair, Bahk won against Z on other days
Either way its really encouraging and in the interviews I saw, Z sounds like he's going to be one of the leaders on defense. Its rare to get your money's worth early in FA, but there's hope that Z can live up to that contract. Packers got an extra peek under the tent in having former BAL personnel guy Milt Hendrickson on board, so they knew what kind of player and what kind of person they were acquiring

7 minutes ago, Donzo said:

No, it's very early; Bahk takes a little bit to get going sometimes... I remember last year, Frack & Perry beat him on the 1st or 2nd day in pads. People were freaking out about Frack- it ended being fortuitous.... Hopefully it's a harbinger of things to come for Smith, too. 

Who's this "Frack" you repeatedly keep referring to?  We have this guy though: https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/kyler-fackrell/ 

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

uncommon opponent ?
Not sure if Bahk had a chance to study Z and his moves ( and vice versa) and to be fair, Bahk won against Z on other days
Either way its really encouraging and in the interviews I saw, Z sounds like he's going to be one of the leaders on defense. Its rare to get your money's worth early in FA, but there's hope that Z can live up to that contract. Packers got an extra peek under the tent in having former BAL personnel guy Milt Hendrickson on board, so they knew what kind of player and what kind of person they were acquiring

Yeah to be clear, as far as I know Bahk has won the other days until this one, but it's still a surprise to me.  Z. Smith is such an odd rusher in terms of his body type and his game that it's hard for me to judge how it'll play.  I felt his ceiling may be a 8-10 sack guy, but if he's able to use his power to set up rushes on Bahk he can do it against most anyone.  Bahk has never been amazing against power but he's good enough all around that it's still a great sign.  Still need to see it consistently in games, just a positive check mark in the book.

And yeah, he already seems like a leader for the defense.  The contract does some of that talking for you, at $16 mill APY you're coming in with some clout that carries expectations, but he seems to be embracing it which is what you hope for.  Honestly he's quickly becoming a favorite for me; I love power OLB and I love the way he comes across off the field.  

Archived