Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

I scratched my head at that a little too but I get it. You never really know how bad a guy's hurt getting held out of a TC prac. It's a different level of precaution than a reg season prac or game and I think most of us know that in reality but at first glance you don't really think that way.

Just now, Shanedorf said:

#Packers aren’t in full pads, so take this for what it’s worth, but first-team D got good pressure on Aaron Rodgers with its 3-OLB look on third-down still:
Z Smith, Rashan Gary, Kyler Fackrell. (P Smith getting team reps off.) Mike Pettine could have a lot of fun with that.

Regarding Jordy Nelson, he won’t sign a one-day contract as some teams do when they allow a player to retire with team. It’s more of a ceremonial maneuver and not official. It avoids roster moves, drug tests (see Steven Jackson), etc ...

lol Was it you that posted that Steven Jackson thing, that cracked me up. Jordy is going to be back by week 8 anyways so this is all meaningless ;)

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

0?

What about adams makes you think he's a pass rusher at all?  I think adams is going to play because he might be good at execution and freeing guys up on twists etc.  You usually want a bigger guy paired with a smaller guy in that situation.  

Adams is going to play in lieu of Clark before he plays in front of Z, Preston, Fackrell, et al.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.packersnews.com/amp/1869170001

How was his pressure rate compared to the other bigs last year in his limited snaps?

He pretty clearly has inside pass-rush potential. And the early camp word is very positive. 

Kinda confused why people think Fackrell is guaranteed to be better than him TBH.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Sullivan continues to impress. Jenkins getting some snaps at LG with the 1s, something we didn't see last week.

That is good to see.  With King and Jackson out there is a lot of opportunity for newer players to shine in the preseason.  A current starting 3 CB group for us looks like Alexander-Brown-Tramon.  Right?

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is good to see.  With King and Jackson out there is a lot of opportunity for newer players to shine in the preseason.  A current starting 3 CB group for us looks like Alexander-Brown-Tramon.  Right?

For now yea, but personally I'm of the opinion that if King is seriously hurt, Gute better get on the phone and get a CB. Not much available on the street right now other than Claiborne and he's suspended the first 4 weeks. This defense is ready up front to take off and we cant have it crumble down due to not having the horses at CB. Guys like Brown, Jackson and co are fine backups but I'm not trusting them to handle 75% of the snaps against top WRs. Same with old man Tramon.

Hopefully King will be okay but when a coach says "we'll know more in a few days" that usually means MRIs and tests are being done to confirm whether there is some significant damage.  

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For now yea, but personally I'm of the opinion that if King is seriously hurt, Gute better get on the phone and get a CB. Not much available on the street right now other than Claiborne and he's suspended the first 4 weeks. This defense is ready up front to take off and we cant have it crumble down due to not having the horses at CB. Guys like Brown, Jackson and co are fine backups but I'm not trusting them to handle 75% of the snaps against top WRs. Same with old man Tramon.

Hopefully King will be okay but when a coach says "we'll know more in a few days" that usually means MRIs and tests are being done to confirm whether there is some significant damage.  

I also think that the pass rush is going to help the coverage quite a bit this season.  I think it will be a little more consistent than the last couple of seasons.  I agree that we can't take much more loss before we are really scraping the bottom of the depth chart.  It remains to be seen how badly King and Jackson are injured.  On an optimistic note, I do like the physical profile of Tony Brown and Ka'Dar Hollman, they give us a lot of speed.  I would like to see them in live action before making any trades.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What is Jackson's injury anyway? I've got that its a foot.....but have never dialed down to know what specifically it is, how bad, necessary recovery etc....

Archived