Bitcoin

BayRaider

58 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

What's your guys' thoughts on Ripple? Heard its the 3rd largest behind Bitcoin and Etherium....at 25 cents right now.

Thinking of tossing a couple hundred into in just for the hell of it.

No idea how to purchase and securely store this stuff...quick search has led me to Bitstamp, Kraken, and Gatehub.

Just tossed 200 in myself and spoke about Ripple a couple pages ago. Got it at 25.7 cents. Wish i woulda did it a week ago when it was 18 cents. I was going to but waiting til payday. Fml. 

Edit: 

Used Bitstamp btw. Used Coinbase to transfer Bitcoin to Bitstamp. Then on Bitstamp I exchanged the bitcoin to XRP. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just tossed 200 in myself and spoke about Ripple a couple pages ago. Got it at 25.7 cents. Wish i woulda did it a week ago when it was 18 cents. I was going to but waiting til payday. Fml. 

I've never purchased any crypto before....I heard the easiest way for XRP is buying bitcoin through Coinbase then exchanging it for XRP on an exchange or something.

Starting to read up on the best way to securely store it after you buy.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I've never purchased any crypto before....I heard the easiest way for XRP is buying bitcoin through Coinbase then exchanging it for XRP on an exchange or something.

Starting to read up on the best way to securely store it after you buy.

Yep read above

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Purchased $500 of Bitcoin to transfer to Ripple, not realizing I have to wait 7 days before it goes through since I used my Bank Account. ¬¬

The point of using Coinbase was cause you can use credit card and be instant :P

You can use bank account on bitstamp. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The point of using Coinbase was cause you can use credit card and be instant :P

You can use bank account on bitstamp. 

Yea, I was going to use my CC but quickly misinterpreted the "instantly ready funds" of the bank transfer as "instantly ready BTC to be used/transferred". 

After it said I needed to wait a week, I tried to buy another $200 with my CC but can't because $500 is my limit for the week I guess on Coinbase.

So I ended up buying $300 of BTC on CEX thinking I'd be good to go.

WRONG....the verification process for the exchanges are ridiculous...at least with an internet connection as slow as my boat's. Been waiting hours for Poloniex, and tried Bittrex as well, which I'm waiting on too before I can move the BTC into there and exchange or XRP.

I've accomplished absolutely zero since purchasing $800 of BTC 7 hours ago....and not for lack of trying lol

Okay so Bittrex verification just came back. Here's my plan from a couple guides I've read:

- Take the BTC I purchased on CEX ($300) and Coinbase ($500) when available and transfer those BTCs to Bittrex

- Exchange the BTC for XRP in Bittrex

- Transfer the XRP to Gatehub Wallet

- Eventually get a Hardware Wallet to store the XRP since I don't plan on using it for quite some time (years)

Holy crap.. bitcoin is skyrocketing!

Bitcoin and Ripple to the moon guys B|

My portfolio is currently

52% Bitcoin

35% Ripple

13% Litecoin

Gonna keep investing in these but always on the look out for new coins!

Not gonna buy any "Bitcoin Gold". I don't buy spinoff coins. I feel like they aren't unique to themselves and will eventually be zero years down the road. Hard pass on Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.

Edited by BayRaider

Ok, I'm getting some money set aside to buy a coin.  One thing I've heard about is the "hard fork" coming up on October 25th.  Does anyone know how this would affect a total newbie just getting into the Bitcoin world?  Should I make sure I buy my coin before the 25th, or would I be better off waiting until after that date?  Also, this is the second hard fork they have had.  Are hard forks something that could eventually bring the whole thing crashing down if they came out with a bad one?

Edited by Uncle Buck

You don't have to buy a full bitcoin. I would definitely diversify your portfolio. I'm not big on etherum but something like

45% Bitcoin (ridiculously safe and is gonna keep going up with some falls here and there)

15% Litecoin

15% Ethereum

25% Mixture of 2-3 Different Altcoins

An altcoin I really like right now is Populous. Only $3 right now and a lot of potential. 

The low price Alt Coins are riskier but every portfolio needs some risk. If these coins ever take off, they are millionaire type investments depending how much you invested. Just have to research your coins. There's literally over 1,000. 

Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. I take no credit and no responsibility on your gains/losses. 

Edited by BayRaider