Bitcoin

BayRaider

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

You're right, rhetoric. :D

I've always maintained that Blockchain is FAR more valuable than the actual coin. The money movers (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX) are working to apply the same sort of logic to their networks. 

Full disclosure, I DO own some ether. I treat it more like an entertainment fund and isn't part of my 'portfolio' (yet, anyway. Would be fun if it got to the point it was ;) )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Full disclosure, I DO own some ether. I treat it more like an entertainment fund and isn't part of my 'portfolio' (yet, anyway. Would be fun if it got to the point it was ;) )

And I'll never knock anyone who owns coin. Full disclosure - I used to work for Discover as a Product Manager, so I understand what the networks are focusing on when it comes to cryptocurrencies. :D

On 9/8/2017 at 11:17 AM, TankWilliams said:

Are you refering to which wallet?  There aren't any brokers, you aren't investing in specific companies who are putting together a fund.  The wallet I use is coinbase, though I may switch to something a bit more private, but they are a fairly reputable wallet that works pretty well.  

Ok thanks!

7 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You're right, rhetoric. :D

I've always maintained that Blockchain is FAR more valuable than the actual coin. The money movers (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX) are working to apply the same sort of logic to their networks. 

I'm surprised that nobody is making bigger moves on VISA, AMEX, etc. I think they're vulnerable to changing technology.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm surprised that nobody is making bigger moves on VISA, AMEX, etc. I think they're vulnerable to changing technology.

They're usually the ones implementing said technology. We don't hear much about it stateside because it's fully fleshed out in other markets (Europe being the primary testing grounds).

AMEX has its own niche in the corporate space, probably won't go anywhere anytime soon. Visa is the 80,000 behemoth that sends the 500 lb gorilla running for it's life.

This being said - IMO, we're about 3-5 years away from seeing a China Union Pay bug on the front of a domestic credit or debit card. 

Been in the crypto space for a couple years. Love the potential of blockchain technology. Personally believe in MONERO, best long term growth potential out of all the current coins. Especially if they are able to integrate smart contracts as some have discussed. It will also be getting Ledger support shortly it looks like. Great time to buy in

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Ripple guys. It's the cryptocurrency that is for Banks. Yes, kind of defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency but it's more realistic. Ripple might replace the program banks currently use (Swift) which takes 3-5 days to process transactions. Ripple is instant. Ripple is currently used by 70 banks and I believe one is Bank of America. They still have nearly a 1,000 banks to go. Right now it's 0.22 cents per Ripple. Just imagine buying $200 worth now and in 10 years it's $1,000. You'd be a millionaire. 

Ripple is having a press conference October 16th.  Buy before that. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Check out Ripple guys. It's the cryptocurrency that is for Banks. Yes, kind of defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency but it's more realistic. Ripple might replace the program banks currently use (Swift) which takes 3-5 days to process transactions. Ripple is instant. Ripple is currently used by 70 banks and I believe one is Bank of America. They still have nearly a 1,000 banks to go. Right now it's 0.22 cents per Ripple. Just imagine buying $200 worth now and in 10 years it's $1,000. You'd be a millionaire. 

Ripple is having a press conference October 16th.  Buy before that. 

Sounds like you have some stock in Ripple lol

29 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Sounds like you have some stock in Ripple lol

Actually have nothing. Gonna buy $100-$300 of it in the next week or two though. Just sharing my thought process on it beforehand. 

But ill take that as a compliment. Might make a good salesperson B|

Edited by BayRaider