Bitcoin

BayRaider

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Well, you only need to worry about taxes when you sell. Regardless of the investment, you probably want to buy and hold.

I don't know how you could have too much in a broad index fund. Some exposure with bitcoin may be fine if you acknowledge is high risk and it's not a large percent of the portfolio.

It would be a minuscule part of my portfolio. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Am I late to join the party? This unknown bubble scares me that it has to burst sometime sooner rather than later, but I have also said that about the stock market and been wrong so far.

I think I would need to start smaller with Litecoin.

No, you're not.

39 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Ripple is up, too.  That hedge fund was some nice news.

Yeah, it was up to .30 for a few minutes.  I'm about 150 bucks in with multiple purchases between .18 and .21 with a few more bucks today while it was at .25.  I'm feeling good about this.  Hopefully it continues to grow and be adopted more. 

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Yeah, it was up to .30 for a few minutes.  I'm about 150 bucks in with multiple purchases between .18 and .21 with a few more bucks today while it was at .25.  I'm feeling good about this.  Hopefully it continues to grow and be adopted more. 

Same, bought once, it went up and dropped, and then bought again.  Was thinking of selling to buy more bitcoin or not sure if should just hodl.

I'm on the Ripple bullrun as well right now. Have $250 at 18 cents and 25 cents. Think it's gonna bullrun all the way to 45 cents soon before we see a price correction. 

Not investing in Bitcoin atm cause I think we will see a price correction shortly. Back down to 8k and possibly even as low as 6500. Bitcoin will see another bullrun to see 20-25k over the next year but 10k is a really bad price to buy in. More of a panic buy in price. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i doubled my money so far.

i'll sell when i hit 1000x my investment :)

If you bought in at 4k Bitcoin would have to hit 4 million to reach 1000x investment. It will never come close to that. 

Only way you're doing 1000x is if you invest in a cryptocurrency doing their ICO (Initial Coin Offering) at the start. Which is very possible. Stratis recently did 1000x if you bought during the ICO. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

If you bought in at 4k Bitcoin would have to hit 4 million to reach 1000x investment. It will never come close to that. 

Only way you're doing 1000x is if you invest in a cryptocurrency doing their ICO (Initial Coin Offering) at the start. Which is very possible. Stratis recently did 1000x if you bought during the ICO. 

let me correct myself (and I just looked at the prices again). I've about tripled my money on ethereum. I don't own any bitcoin