NFL will not suspend Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill

Buckweath

5 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

How much control does the County DA have over what evidence is available to those not involved in the case? Because I would imagine there are some Chiefs fans in that building.... '

Tyreek is a scumbag and the way the NFL handled this is embarrassing. Thought precedent was pretty clear here. Chiefs should see a return to the playoffs with another collapse in Andy Reid fashion.

If I was handling this, I probably would have suspended him until the case was resolved due to the severity of the case. Now that might be against the CBA, idk. I am also biased as I have seen the aftermath of child abuse first hand and there are few things uglier in this world. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If I was handling this, I probably would have suspended him until the case was resolved due to the severity of the case. Now that might be against the CBA, idk. I am also biased as I have seen the aftermath of child abuse first hand and there are few things uglier in this world. 

I thought it was closed, at least at the moment. It probably only reopens if there is new evidence which probably isn't happening because mom and/or dad seem like the only witnesses and dad would have already came forth when it happened if mom did it because he would have no reason not to and mom does have something to lose if dad isn't making millions so she may try to cover for him for her own sake. It doesn't seem like either hold the interest of the child in high regard or the other parent.

I could be wrong, don't know any of them, but my guess is that the kid has a long hard road ahead of him and it's going to be difficult for him to reprogram his brain from what is acceptable and unacceptable if he continues to be raised by these two. Once you are an adult you are responsible for your own actions and maybe he will be smart enough to figure it all out but most of us aren't and would end up going down a bad path.

Great for the Chiefs offense though, they go from a probable playoff team without Hill imo to a SB favorite.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

How much control does the County DA have over what evidence is available to those not involved in the case? Because I would imagine there are some Chiefs fans in that building.... '

Tyreek is a scumbag and the way the NFL handled this is embarrassing. Thought precedent was pretty clear here. Chiefs should see a return to the playoffs with another collapse in Andy Reid fashion.

Guilty until proven innocent, amirite?

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Guilty until proven innocent, amirite?

Someone in that household injured that child. Combine that with the threats he made directly to his woman. I feel pretty confident in saying that he is a scumbag that doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. This isnt the end of this case anyways. Hill will get his suspension once they release the records and statements from this case.

Edited by Cheesehawk
  • Like 3

I loathe the KC Chiefs fan base now.

It's literally just scummy Chiefs fans that believe he's "innocent" or that justice was done.

I can't wait until this all comes to a head in the future. And it most certainly will.

Also, how can one NOT consider Tyreek Hill a piece of crap person? That should be a no-brainer to everyone.

• Like 3

Just now, Soggust said:

NFL finally gets it right. 

Too bad now they are going to get destroyed for consistency, but probably deservedly so. 

Hard case to be consistent with. If they think there is likely 65% chance that he is guilty what do they do, give him 65% of what the suspension would have been? They don't even know what it would have been, somewhere between 1 year to lifetime. With Zeke they were somewhere above 50% sure he was guilty of something and gave him the full punishment for it. If they do that with with Hill not only may it be a lifetime ban that also means he spends more time, angry time, with his victims if he did do it.

It isn't fair to use the more likely than not guilty in some cases and not in others but they are looking out for themselves in this one because a 4 or 6 game suspension for probably breaking his son's arm looks much worse than we have no idea so we aren't doing anything.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's literally just scummy Chiefs fans that believe he's "innocent" or that justice was done.

I can't wait until this all comes to a head in the future. And it most certainly will.

Also, how can one NOT consider Tyreek Hill a piece of crap person? That should be a no-brainer to everyone.

Are you a Raiders or a Broncos fan or something? You should shut your mouth.

Most people in KC were ready to have Hill cut, banned, and jailed- until the case dragged out and more info. Is Hill a saint? No. However, in this case people presumed he was guilty.

That doesn't appear to be the case right now...so there is no need to punish him.

3 hours ago, N4L said:

This is hilarious to me, because cowboy fans are mad that the same 'injustice' and overstepping of power did NOT occur this time around. 

Goodell screwed over zeke, so that means that he should screw everyone else over too? Isnt it possible that this is an omission that the Zeke case was mishandled 

If that's the case then Goodell can come out and say it. Like they did with the Dez catch.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hard case to be consistent with. If they think there is likely 65% chance that he is guilty what do they do, give him 65% of what the suspension would have been? They don't even know what it would have been, somewhere between 1 year to lifetime. With Zeke they were somewhere above 50% sure he was guilty of something and gave him the full punishment for it. If they do that with with Hill not only may it be a lifetime ban that also means he spends more time, angry time, with his victims if he did do it.

It isn't fair to use the more likely than not guilty in some cases and not in others but they are looking out for themselves in this one because a 4 or 6 game suspension for probably breaking his son's arm looks much worse than we have no idea so we aren't doing anything.

That’s my point. 

It should be innocent until proven guilty IMO, Zeke included.

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We should hang out sometime.

• Like 1