Mike Daniels released

Leader

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

supporting basis

We had Mike Daniels, a fine football player, now we don't. And have YET to do anything else  No human on Earth other than GB fans think could help us with the team as is.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

We had Mike Daniels, a fine football player, now we don't. And have YET to do anything else  No human on Earth other than GB fans think could help us with the team as is.

Based on this.... https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/super-bowl-odds/

GB odds have not moved for the duration of the summer and not at all since Daniels was released.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@AlexGreen#20  Do you have some supporting basis for this statement, or is this your opinion on the GB odds

Rodgers is on the hook for the next 3-4 seasons before he becomes able to be moved on from without getting into a cap penalty issue.  I would have been more in favor of going all in when Rodgers contract was a lower set up vs now.  

I didn't bother to look at the betting lines. I'm just very confused as to how anybody would argue seriously that simply yanking Mike Daniels off this team is anything other than a net negative?

Rodgers isn't going to go anywhere. The concern with his age is that he'll decline enough that his contract becomes the thing that prevents us from winning, or that he retires. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

GB odds have not moved for the duration of the summer and not at all since Daniels was released.

Lol I knew that was coming. I started typing not Vegas odds but thought MAYBE that lazy reply wouldn't come. 

You god damn know that's not what I meant.

It didn't make our team better to ANYONE but GB fans. It's nonsensical or crazy optimistic at best I guess.

Whatever. It didn't ruin our season and I'm over arguing the same **** for a week

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

He's a DT.

There's not a non-QB in the league who has a WAR of more than 1, maybe not even .5. We could replace Bryan Bulaga with Jason Spriggs tomorrow and you probably wouldn't see much movement. That doesn't mean we didn't get worse as a team. 

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

It didn't make our team better to ANYONE but GB fans. It's nonsensical or crazy optimistic at best I guess

Since when is it a radical idea that a young ascending player overtakes an old descending player?

I don't get this dismissal outright...yeah it's projecting but it literally happens dozens of times every season.

It's very easy to see how this COULD make our team better. Adams with 200 more reps in Sept/Oct/nov could very well be better in dec/Jan than either a worn-down Daniels OR a more green Adams.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Since when is it a radical idea that a young ascending player overtakes an old descending player?

I don't get this dismissal outright...yeah it's projecting but it literally happens dozens of times every season.

It's very easy to see how this COULD make our team better. Adams with 200 more reps in Sept/Oct/nov could very well be better in dec/Jan than either a worn-down Daniels OR a more green Adams.

You know what's better than a worn-down Daniels or a green Adams?

Having a fresh Daniels and a fresh Adams because you were able to effectively rotate them because our coaches aren't morons and were able to develop a rookie while saving a veteran's legs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It really only helps the players that we are giving the snaps to, could they shine and break out and have just as good of season Mike Daniels would of had? sure. But this isn't a addition by subtraction type of move, we had very good depth with Daniels here, now we might have decent depth. Having Mike Daniels with the depth down the road of the season is better than not having Mike Daniels. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You know what's better than a worn-down Daniels or a green Adams?

Having a fresh Daniels and a fresh Adams because you were able to effectively rotate them because our coaches aren't morons and were able to develop a rookie while saving a veteran's legs. 

Zero-sum game. Finite snaps.

12 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It really only helps the players that we are giving the snaps to, could they shine and break out and have just as good of season Mike Daniels would of had? sure. But this isn't a addition by subtraction type of move, we had very good depth with Daniels here, now we might have decent depth. Having Mike Daniels with the depth down the road of the season is better than not having Mike Daniels. 

I disagree with this.

(1) I'm not convinced Daniels TODAY is better than Lowry and Adams.

(2) even if he is, he's not $8million better

(3) and, yes, his snaps have the chance of hampering development of the younger guys

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

First off, your last sentence makes no sense, even though you're trying for sarcasm. Dude threw 2 picks last year. If anything knock his TD %, YPA or completion % to prove your point.

That's the point of what he's trying to debunk.  Of course Aaron won't throw picks.  But you can claim he will because "past performance doesn't predict future"

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I disagree with this.

(1) I'm not convinced Daniels TODAY is better than Lowry and Adams.

(2) even if he is, he's not $8million better

(3) and, yes, his snaps have the chance of hampering development of the younger guys

But are we better with Daniels, Lowry, and Adams, or just Lowry and Adams?( not counting the Smiths and Gary playing inside because it would be the same either way.)

I do think they moved on from him for money reasons and to get other guys on the field, but I don't agree with it. The rotation would be so much stronger with Daniels there. I'm not saying we can't be good still with the guys we have, but you can't tell me having Daniels is worse than not having him THIS year.

How is Lowry an ascending player?  

Adams is the only guy I'm seeing with significant upside.

To me this move is clearly made with the 2020-2022 window in mind, not a 2019-2021 window.

Daniels was a good player, and a much better player than some others on the team who will play snaps.  Tramon was such an easier cut for me.  What business does he even have on this team?  He's literally stealing snaps from josh jackson every snap that he plays.

I would argue Daniels is a better player now, and for the next 2 seasons than lowry can ever hope to become. 

I also hate that Lowry was one of my favorite guys when we drafted him and now all I'm doing is dumping on him.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Zero-sum game. Finite snaps.

That's not even remotely close to true. There's dozens of factors that go into player development, not the least of which is having a steady mentor to bounce ideas off of, something we don't have at the moment because we traded the only dude with any experience away. 25 year old Dean Lowry is the oldest guy in that room today. Adams is older than Clark. 

How the hell do we know Adams isn't going to fall off when subjected to 500+ snaps for the first time in his career. We sure as hell watched his production fall off a damn cliff in college when asked to handle that many reps.