The Boys{Amazon}

devils1854

Ok so on a scale of 1 to The Punisher where’s this rank? I’ve watch the punisher but it’s a bit above my gore tolerance level. Just don’t understand the fascination with it. You want gore? Join the military and get reality. 

Should I watch this or not?

21 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so on a scale of 1 to The Punisher where’s this rank? I’ve watch the punisher but it’s a bit above my gore tolerance level. Just don’t understand the fascination with it. You want gore? Join the military and get reality. 

Should I watch this or not?

It's a bit over the top at times, but not even every episode has it. They don't do it just to do it. It always serves a purpose, and is over pretty quick. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, THE DUKE said:

This was pretty damn good.  It didn't quite go where I expected it to, but it was a helluva ride nonetheless.  Do we need spoiler tags?  Probably, it's a streaming show so have to give a little more leeway.  Here are some thoughts:

Hide contents

• Very surprised they ended the season on that big of a cliff hanger.  Becca alive and well, hard to see where the plot goes that doesn't have her coming off as a huge A-Hole.
  • I loved that Homelander is just as twisted and depraved as Billy Butcher believes but may not be hated for the reasons Butcher believed. Seeing even all the other superheroes just terrified of him at pretty much all times was a nice touch.
  • I very much want them to dig deeper into how Homelander was brought up in the lab.  Him freaking out over the baby blanket and the flashback to him in the lab with nothing else while he was essentially a lab rat was one of the best scenes of the season.
  • I assume we get a deeper story as to why Maeve is so jaded now.  They really started working to that and then just sort of played it off at the end of the season.  It sure seemed like it was more than just Flight 37.
  • I thought we'd see more superheroes get killed by the Boys.  Was there any besides Translucent and Mesmer?  Popclaw, but that was A-Train who did that.
  • Kimiko had a nicely developed narrative thread.  We never did learn why they brought her stateside vs just making her a super terrorist in her home locale like they did with the one and what Homelander also alluded too in the finale.
  • I have to assume Giancarlo Esposito as Mr Edgar plays a much larger role in season 2.  Couldn't help but notice "When I retire to Belize" remark in his one scene with Stillwell.
  • I hope we get an idea of the origins of compound V.  I would assume so as the show pretty much revolves around it.

You mirrored a lot of my thoughts.  Season 2 is set up well.

I think season 2 we see Bill Butcher "give up" a little.  He's going to realize that Becca didn't get raped, that it was consensual.  That will take some of his fire away, or at least direct it differently.  Or maybe he'll direct it solely at Homelander and not give two F's about any of the other supers.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

You mirrored a lot of my thoughts.  Season 2 is set up well.

Hide contents

I think season 2 we see Bill Butcher "give up" a little.  He's going to realize that Becca didn't get raped, that it was consensual.  That will take some of his fire away, or at least direct it differently.  Or maybe he'll direct it solely at Homelander and not give two F's about any of the other supers.

I think he is even more angry after this revelation.

Imagine thinking your wife was dead and innocent but instead even she lied and betrayed you because of the draw of the 'supes'. I'd be even more angry and probably in slight denial that it was all Homelander's fault because all he had to hold on to was his memory of his wife and now thats gone

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I think he is even more angry after this revelation.

Hide contents

Imagine thinking your wife was dead and innocent but instead even she lied and betrayed you because of the draw of the 'supes'. I'd be even more angry and probably in slight denial that it was all Homelander's fault because all he had to hold on to was his memory of his wife and now thats gone

Right, so the question now is: is his anger still directed toward Homelander, or directed toward his wife?

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

In 3 or 4 scenes, there’s an obvious fly that buzzed around characters heads. Any significance to that? Kept waiting for it to be explained but nothing. 

Possible season 2 spoilers as its comic based info:

In issue 7 of the comics a new team of supes is introduced called Payback. Since "The 7" is a clear and obvious parody of DC's Justice League, Payback is an Avenger's parody and they are in opposition to the Boys. One character in this group is Swatto, basically a fly version of Ant-man. This is most likely a subtle intro to him 

On 8/2/2019 at 11:09 PM, theJ said:

It's a bit over the top at times, but not even every episode has it. They don't do it just to do it. It always serves a purpose, and is over pretty quick. 

Banshee formula, with even more interesting characters.   It's no wonder Starr feels at home in this series.

Loved S1, but also wondering if they can keep the momentum up for S2, given the ending.  Either way though, they've earned the S2 look.