53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:
1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

DeShone Kizer with two brutal deep balls to end his two-minute drill. One caught by Packers staffer 5 yards beyond right sideline and the other landed nowhere near a receiver. Kizer tapped his chest and took fault.

I'd like to say that Kizer is your darkhorse cut candidate, but I can't escape the fact that you don't cut players on rookie contracts.

You might not, but plenty of players are cut on their rookie contract, don't be ridiculous. Having a veteran at 3 times Kizer's cap hit is much more valuable than having Kizer at his present cap hit. 

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

You might not, but plenty of players are cut on their rookie contract, don't be ridiculous. Having a veteran at 3 times Kizer's cap hit is much more valuable than having Kizer at his present cap hit. 

Not when they're former Day 1 and Day 2 picks.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:
9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Not when they're former Day 1 and Day 2 picks.

What about the fact that we traded for Kizer, so he has 0 dead cap if we cut him? 

22 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Having a veteran at 3 times Kizer's cap hit is much more valuable than having Kizer at his present cap hit. 

here's a link to QB depth charts for all 32

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

There are a couple of senior citizens not on a roster, like Sam Bradford. But for the most part, that link has all of the other vet QBs

Just now, JBURGE said:

@CWood21

Ereck Flowers
Breshad Perriman
Mario Edwards Jr
Devin Smith
Dorial Green-Beckham
Haouli Kikaha
etc

Corey Coleman
Paxton Lynch
Christian Hackenberg
TJ Green
Roberto Aguayo

Reuben Foster
Malik McDowell
Obi Melinfonwu

How many of them were kicked off the rosters because they were on a roster crunch and/or some off-field issues?  LIS, you're not going to find a better option than Kizer in FA for the amount of money you're "saving" by releasing Kizer.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

How many of them were kicked off the rosters because they were on a roster crunch and/or some off-field issues?  LIS, you're not going to find a better option than Kizer in FA for the amount of money you're "saving" by releasing Kizer.

Roster crunch? Every team is on a roster crunch. Kizer sucks, and this is coming from someone who LOVED Kizer. I would rather keep a better player than him. Unless our goal is to tank if Rodgers gets hurt, then Kizer should be QB2

Just now, JBURGE said:

Roster crunch? Every team is on a roster crunch. Kizer sucks, and this is coming from someone who LOVED Kizer. I would rather keep a better player than him. Unless our goal is to tank if Rodgers gets hurt, then Kizer should be QB2

My point being is Tim Boyle or Manny Wilkins clearly better than Kizer?  No.  So he's not in a situation where he's getting pushed off the roster because the Packers have CLEARLY better options.  They might have marginally better options.  So it goes back to what you invested to get those players.  It's kinda the same faulty argument that was made when Davante Adams was coming off his injury-hobbled sophomore year.  You've invested in these players heavily, you're not going to release them for the sake of releasing them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

My point being is Tim Boyle or Manny Wilkins clearly better than Kizer?  No.  So he's not in a situation where he's getting pushed off the roster because the Packers have CLEARLY better options.  They might have marginally better options.  So it goes back to what you invested to get those players.  It's kinda the same faulty argument that was made when Davante Adams was coming off his injury-hobbled sophomore year.  You've invested in these players heavily, you're not going to release them for the sake of releasing them.

But CWood, I don't like him and he needs to be punished for it!

• Like 1

That might be your point now, but it wasnt the last few posts. Your point was that he is a 2nd rounder and on his rookie deal so we won't cut him, which is nonsense. He won't be cut because our team for whatever reason doesn't care about having a solid backup QB despite our QB1 being injured the last 2 years. 

My point being is Tim Boyle or Manny Wilkins clearly better than Kizer?  

For me it comes down to trajectory. The Packers have had plenty of time with Kizer and he is still showing the same issues he previously had. He's plenty smart, so while learning new offenses each season presents a challenge - that's not what's holding him back. Its accuracy and decision making
If GB can't get him to improve in those areas, then cut him loose and start looking for better options to develop.
His audition vs the bears was so poor that the Packers would actually have been better off kneeling and punting than trotting him out there.
Granted it was a very tough spot, but tough ****, that's your job

JBURGE - Its not that the Packers don't care, I just think they don't want to allocate those resources to QB2.
The viable vet back- ups like Josh McCown or Fitz are getting $ 10 million plus, and that's a poor use of limited cap space

36 minutes ago, boratt said:

I was at camp today. Manny Wilkins has command/swag. He might end up being a player. Practice squad for sure. 

Let’s see what he does in the preseason first. He was really bad at Arizona St.