Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

48 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Hopefully they will next year. We have the personalities for it now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Rather have All or Nothing. I love hard knocks but I don’t want to follow fringe players for the browns. I want to follow our star athletes for the whole season

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

The Browns would have had to volunteer, and no team WANTS to be on it.  

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Again, the Browns would have to volunteer.  

Teams can't be selected if they were in the playoffs in the last 2 years.

If it has a rookie head coach.  

Or if they have been on the show in the last 10 years.

So the only way in the next 9 years is if the Browns volunteer, or the NFL changes the rule.  

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk I like those two but I think where the Browns will be picking they could get a very good LB at that spot. I would like those LBs I named over Taki and Mack at this moment but that could change once we see them play. I really think they won’t get too much playing time as LBs in the regular season or at least really meaningful snaps as LBs unless there are injuries, so the Preseason should be huge for them. I think they might be studs on ST all season long tho. 

I feel pretty strongly Dorsey drafts primarily OT and Dlineman in 2020. We need youth and legit depth on the Dline, and a young RT. But I also think we end up franchise tagging Greg Robinson until we can extend him, IMO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

It’s hard for me to think Juice and OBJ only play together for one season. I would hope that they rework his contract so he can play here longer. 

I can definitely see reworking Jarvis's deal. But if he won't, I predict we keep him through 2021. In 2022, he turns 29 and is scheduled to make $16.6 mill, with a dead cap of $1.5 if we cut him. That's when I think he's gone.

I think we keep Sheldon Richardson this year and next, cut him before the 2021 season, when he's scheduled to make $13.6 mill with a dead cap of $1.6 if we cut him.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I can definitely see reworking Jarvis's deal. But if he won't, I predict we keep him through 2021. In 2022, he turns 29 and is scheduled to make $16.6 mill, with a dead cap of $1.5 if we cut him. That's when I think he's gone.

I think we keep Sheldon Richardson this year and next, cut him before the 2021 season, when he's scheduled to make $13.6 mill with a dead cap of $1.6 if we cut him.

I think you are probably right. We need to roll over as much cap as possible to make as many re-signings as possible, possible.

If we don't roll over any cap from this year we only have 20 to spend next year so I'm probably not targeting Trent Williams or Eric Berry or any bigger contracts unless something happens and we have to make a move to strengthen ourselves for a playoff run. If we can keep carrying over 30 million (I don't really have a lot of knowledge about that system) It will benefit us because of the future large contracts.

cowherd stated Baker had a bad game vs the chargers because of the way they defended him, impling that Baker is only good against mediocre defenses. 

Re watching that game to see if the criticisim was legit. 

it was clearly a Hue Jackson, Haley, Williams coached game. Hue left points on the board not taking a field goal. Haley was clearly the worst of the three. 

Haley ran hyde over the hot hand in chubb, also hyde wasnt much of a willing blocker in pass pro. 

Baker was under duress all game in the pass, already shaken early in the game. 

He was required to target two inexperienced WRs Callaway and Ratley both of which let passes go, Callaway missed a TD catch he should of made.

The chargers took Landry out the game and didnt worry about the rest of our 'weapons', njoku did have a strong gmae and should of been used better

Williams defense took our offense out the game quickly, their running game was highly effective early, and they drop bombs to Tyrell williams. Schob was playing FS on early downs, not aiding our run D.

lets not forget he chargers were a highly talented and effective defense in 18. Overall, though Baker didn't have the best game, I don't think the chargers were doing anything special other than being very good at playing defense, while we were game planned and coached poorly. 

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I feel pretty strongly Dorsey drafts primarily OT and Dlineman in 2020. We need youth and legit depth on the Dline, and a young RT. But I also think we end up franchise tagging Greg Robinson until we can extend him, IMO.

I think Greg will get a nice contract but nothing that big because of his past 

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think Greg will get a nice contract but nothing that big because of his past 

I don't know. I think a lot of Browns fans will have a rude awakening when it comes to Robinson this off-season. A similar player, position, age, and similar pff grading that just signed a FA contract? Trent Brown, who just signed with the Raiders this past off-season to play RT. And he signed a 4 year $66 million deal, $37 mill fully guaranteed. Soak that in.

If Robinson plays as well or better this year as he did last, past be dammed, he's at least matching Trent Brown's deal, but probably exceeding it IMO. Might suck but that's the NFL world we live in.

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I don't know. I think a lot of Browns fans will have a rude awakening when it comes to Robinson this off-season. A similar player, position, age, and similar pff grading that just signed a FA contract? Trent Brown, who just signed with the Raiders this past off-season to play RT. And he signed a 4 year $66 million deal, $37 mill fully guaranteed. Soak that in.

If Robinson plays as well or better this year as he did last, past be dammed, he's at least matching Trent Brown's deal, but probably exceeding it IMO. Might suck but that's the NFL world we live in.

He plays well, he’s getting paid. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

We have two hopes for a reduced price. 

1. re-sign him in season

2. he offers us a home down discount for resurrecting his career here. 

3. franchise him for 1 year only 

• Like 2