Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

9 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Just for the record they did offer him a multi year deal but it wasnt big time money. Word was that he turned it down To prove he deserves a big LT deal.

I have no problem signing him to a value deal but a potential franchise LT type deal ...no beuno 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Avery is a solid lb, but his best skill is pass rush, really excited to see him play this year.

I know they said during mini camps Avery never once practiced with the LBs. He exclusively practices with the DL. I don’t know if that is how it’s been so we at training camp. I think they wanted him to play DE this year. Which long term is better for him cause he can make more money 

5 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

What I’ve heard like on CBD is that Avery when not hurt has been pretty much exclusively working with the D-line so idk if that would be true 

I heard that too, but why would the Browns list him as a linebacker on their official depth chart? That leads me to believe they’re just cross training him. 

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I heard that too, but why would the Browns list him as a linebacker on their official depth chart? That leads me to believe they’re just cross training him. 

But reports have said he hasn’t practiced as a LB tho. Hard to be cross trained when they don’t train you, especially when it’s a new defensive scheme 

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Because the Browns apparently view him as a LB despite you asserting he’s not.

It’s almost as though being an EDGE guy also entails coverage responsibilities. He may as well be classified as an OLB/overhang player.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Because the Browns apparently view him as a LB despite you asserting he’s not.

He has literally not taken a single snap as a LB or practiced a single minute as a LB in the Freddie/Silks defensive era

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It’s almost as though being an EDGE guy also entails coverage responsibilities. He may as well be classified as an OLB/overhang player.

Well you might want him to practice dropping into coverages and you know other LB type stuff to be considered and OLB/overhang player. 

He has exclusively practiced with the DE and only taking team snaps at DE. Not a single snap or minutes at LB from mini camps and into training camp so far.