LATE ROUND GEMS

N4L

On 8/4/2019 at 1:30 AM, N4L said:

Ok, here is another: Devin singletary. Small conference guy who was very productive. He has a natural feel for the position and should be getting more and more touches as the season goes on. He is someone you could get in the later rounds of a deep league and stash him for a solid upside hold. You know that team is going to run the ball and he is a very well rounded guy who ads some home run ability that I think they will find attractive 

I'm biting on one of either him or Darwin Thompson in my PPR draft that's coming up on Monday; I'd prefer Singletary actually because it's a keeper league and I feel more confident in  Singletary having long-term keeper value over Thompson (who I think will definitely have a role - somewhat Tarik Cohen esque, but I can't see a barely 200 lb back as a work horse).

A couple others I'll throw out there:

- Malcolm Brown (he's the Gurley backup to own, despite the hype on Henderson right now)
- Albert Wilson (he's my PPR sleeper this year, banking more on how the system looks like it should flow through the slot position in Miami)

- Adding to @sammymvpknight's list of TE above, I'm also keeping really close tabs on Mo Alie Cox in Indianapolis.  Dude's huge and go some use last season in the red zone.  I wouldn't be surprised if he catches more TD's than Jack Doyle does this season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

I'm biting on one of either him or Darwin Thompson in my PPR draft that's coming up on Monday; I'd prefer Singletary actually because it's a keeper league and I feel more confident in  Singletary having long-term keeper value over Thompson (who I think will definitely have a role - somewhat Tarik Cohen esque, but I can't see a barely 200 lb back as a work horse).

A couple others I'll throw out there:

- Malcolm Brown (he's the Gurley backup to own, despite the hype on Henderson right now)
- Albert Wilson (he's my PPR sleeper this year, banking more on how the system looks like it should flow through the slot position in Miami)

- Adding to @sammymvpknight's list of TE above, I'm also keeping really close tabs on Mo Alie Cox in Indianapolis.  Dude's huge and go some use last season in the red zone.  I wouldn't be surprised if he catches more TD's than Jack Doyle does this season.

Why do you think Brown beats out Henderson? Their ADP isn't even close(which has me very intrigued about the value there if true)

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

Does that mean you're avoiding Ebron at his current ADP? I like him, but there are a couple things that worry me. One, Luck's health going into the season is a bit of a question mark. And two, his fantasy value lies in his absurd touchdown total. He's still the best redzone option the Colts have, but can he match 13(!) touchdowns again this season without falling back down to Earth a bit?

I think I like Jared Cook more.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why do you think Brown beats out Henderson? Their ADP isn't even close(which has me very intrigued about the value there if true)

I love Henderson. He’s the fourth highest rated RB prospect I’ve had in the past 3 years...but he has been underwhelming as a runner in preseason thus far. Brown has looked better as a runner. Too soon to give up on Henderson but I have tempered my redrafter expectations significantly. 

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not seeing it with Brown because I keep hearing that too.  Henderson will have a weekly role no matter what, Brown only gets interesting if Gurley actually doesn't play where he could see early down and goal line work.  Right now to me the clear guy to own is Henderson.

I will probably do the same thing as everyone else and roster Thompson too especially if I end up drafting Williams early.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not seeing it with Brown because I keep hearing that too.  Henderson will have a weekly role no matter what, Brown only gets interesting if Gurley actually doesn't play where he could see early down and goal line work.  Right now to me the clear guy to own is Henderson.

I will probably do the same thing as everyone else and roster Thompson too especially if I end up drafting Williams early.

I’m not saying you take Brown over Henderson. I’m saying that Brown creates a problem for Henderson if Gurley goes down. I think they could easily share touches. I still trust in Henderson long term but he’ll probably be over drafted in redrafter, and as I said, few are bigger Henderson fans than I am. 

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Um... my eyes.  ADP doesn't mean squat to the Rams... and in Rams practices Brown is clearly ahead of Henderson on the depth chart.  Henderson will get probably 10 or so 3rd-down back snaps this season, but if Gurley misses time the bulk of his meaningful carries are going to go to Brown.

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I love Henderson. He’s the fourth highest rated RB prospect I’ve had in the past 3 years...but he has been underwhelming as a runner in preseason thus far. Brown has looked better as a runner. Too soon to give up on Henderson but I have tempered my redrafter expectations significantly. 

Plus, the Rams typically redshirt their rookie one year unless absolutely forced into playing them.

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m not saying you take Brown over Henderson. I’m saying that Brown creates a problem for Henderson if Gurley goes down. I think they could easily share touches. I still trust in Henderson long term but he’ll probably be over drafted in redrafter, and as I said, few are bigger Henderson fans than I am. 

Why would it be a problem for Henderson if Gurley goes down though?  Not seeing the logic.

I see Henderson is an every week role as a 3rd down back (10-12 touch guy) with or without Gurley.  If Gurley goes down I only see Henderson's role expanding slightly not shrinking.  Brown would then come in for short yardage and goal line work probably.

I don't follow LAR close enough but that's what it seems to me.  Am I reading the tea leaves wrong?

53 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Why would it be a problem for Henderson if Gurley goes down though?  Not seeing the logic.

I see Henderson is an every week role as a 3rd down back (10-12 touch guy) with or without Gurley.  If Gurley goes down I only see Henderson's role expanding slightly not shrinking.  Brown would then come in for short yardage and goal line work probably.

I don't follow LAR close enough but that's what it seems to me.  Am I reading the tea leaves wrong?

People are drafting him without acknowledging Brown. They are drafting him to be “the guy” after Gurley goes down. I’m skeptical that it won’t be a timeshare. Brown isn’t chopped liver...he has looked better as a runner. I also think it’s presumptuous to assume that Henderson is the clear cut 3rd down back. Why? Because he had a few nice receptions? I’ll trust historical trends that tell me that rookie RBs are typically ill prepared for blocking in the passing game which is an enormous factor in veterans typically filling that role. 

Stay away from N'Keal, people will jump on him being a Pats round 1 WR with Brady et al, but I don't think he's going to be a monster this season at all. Consider Meyers LATE

Damien Harris at RB is my suggestion. He will get carries. He's a bull. We run A LOT now near the goaline.