All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

Rex Ryan would be proud of the foot fetish we have going on in the TC thread so I figured I'd move this chatter here:

On 8/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Don't know how it could even happen, but he lost a considerable amount of skin on the bottoms of his feet. Bad shoes? Too much sweat? No idea but he has a month to get it under control and grow skin back.

I'm too lazy so I quoted @RaidersAreOne from the News forum. 

I think its ironic. I used to tear up my feet like he did from playing basketball. But it looked like he didn't give himself time to heal. The irony being he worked too hard so now he can't work with his teammates. Some R&R annd treatment will do the trick, I bet. But I'm no doctor.

This is all a bit frustrating, AB is our best player no doubt and with him on the practice field it makes others around him better by watching and learning from him or going against him.

I'm very surprised he let it go this far as part of being a very hard worker and an experienced vet is knowing how to treat and look after your body so it looks after you. Surely the prime thing was for him to come into camp in shape and be a leader on the field, seems like the buzz he was trying to create prior to camp with all those workout vids and PR stuff came at the cost of the team........... 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is all a bit frustrating, AB is our best player no doubt and with him on the practice field it makes others around him better by watching and learning from him or going against him.

I'm very surprised he let it go this far as part of being a very hard worker and an experienced vet is knowing how to treat and look after your body so it looks after you. Surely the prime thing was for him to come into camp in shape and be a leader on the field, seems like the buzz he was trying to create prior to camp with all those workout vids and PR stuff came at the cost of the team........... 

I'm pissed he let his feet get that bad. 

I say this is a real thing. AB doesn't seem like the type to want to miss practice with his work ethic. The thing about this is if that's how he really hurt his feet then I can understand Gruden being frustrated with it because AB wasn't protecting himself and went into that without the proper protection for his feet. 

It’s technically not frostbite, but I guess that sounds better than “cold burn” if you are trying to make a story. I don’t think he would be running around like he did for one day if he had “severe frostbite.”

It’s an issue, but not as big as the media is making it out to be. If you look at the pics he posted and compare them with frostbite pics, you will see that they don’t look the same. Idk if any of you watched hard knocks, but it seems like he wants to practice, but they won’t let him since he refuses to dial it back. They probably don’t have a real time table since it’s a unique issue. The skin basically just needs to heal. 

Kind of foolish on his part to let it get this bad, but I would rather have a guy give himself an issue trying to take care of his body than a guy who puts himself in danger by doing something dangerous or illegal.

For someone that takes care of his body the way he does. I'm just shocked that he wouldn't take the proper steps needed to protect himself. I can't believe this is his first time using that machine so I know he knows the proper stuff needed to protect his feet. 

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

For someone that takes care of his body the way he does. I'm just shocked that he wouldn't take the proper steps needed to protect himself. I can't believe this is his first time using that machine so I know he knows the proper stuff needed to protect his feet. 

It happened in France so the language barrier may have played a role but some are saying that the Cyro Therapy story isn't true. AB and his agent have went MIA and are refusing to confirm or deny what's going on and why. 

FWIW Olympic Sprinter Justin Gatlin said that he suffered a similar injury in the Cyro Therapy chamber and it sidelined him for months. Also saw something that said depending on the severity the injury could keep him out 1-3 months. Yikes.