All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

Michael Gehlkin says AB set to rejoin Raiders next week. This tweet was in the midst of the shtstorm from yesterday. I will take his info well before a beat writer from Pittsburgh about radio silence. Says Raiders have "strong grasp" of both the helmet and foot situations and are optimistic helmet situation gets resolved next week and foot is a non-issue moving forward. LFG

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/8/9/20799110/antonio-brown-reportedly-set-to-rejoin-raiders-next-week

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Silver isn't even a pot-stirrer, he's an instigator - he tries to create drama, conflict, problems, etc.. 

That being said, I don't think he's "making this up" so much as he's spinning things as negatively as he can. Truth is, this isn't a good look for any one involved. I'm not trolling but as a Broncos fan I hope he sits out, I would prefer not to have to face him twice a year. 

I just always hate the "unnamed player says 'X' " that these guys love to use. No substantiation needed, just say whatever you want. The 20 tweet attention grab wasn't what worried me, it was Schefter. But I think this is an attention grab by all parties and the dust settles next week, or at least before regular season.

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Silver isn't even a pot-stirrer, he's an instigator - he tries to create drama, conflict, problems, etc.. 

That being said, I don't think he's "making this up" so much as he's spinning things as negatively as he can. Truth is, this isn't a good look for any one involved. I'm not trolling but as a Broncos fan I hope he sits out, I would prefer not to have to face him twice a year. 

Well said, Christopher. Pretty much how I see it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DR43 said:

This is a serious question: Do you all regret this trade?

I am not trying to gloat-for all we know it can still blow up in the Steelers face but I want to you know all your opinions.

This was the type of thing I worried about when his acquisition was announced. Prima donna behavior. 

Regardless, the honest, serious answer is: it depends. 

I don't regret the trade right now. If/when he plays, I certainly won't regret it. 

If he retires without playing a game, I'd regret essentially giving up a pick. But picks aren't guaranteed to be a player who ever contributes or sees the field, much less a possible HOF talent. 

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The guy is a dramatic diva, point blank period.

If you read about his litany of bizarre behavior that has occurred throughout the last 3 years, this falls right in line with that. 

I think he will play and play well. But we are in for a rollercoaster of a season from him 

Yeah name some of that bizarre behavior other than the Rothlisberger beef.

Just now, raidr4life said:

Yeah name some of that bizarre behavior other than the Rothlisberger beef.

Well the child stuff certainly wasn't a good look. But besides that it was just his stupid dancing that made him look dumb. The past year hasn't been good to Brown's PR.

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Well the child stuff certainly wasn't a good look. But besides that it was just his stupid dancing that made him look dumb. The past year hasn't been good to Brown's PR.

Even if a child hadn't been involved in "the child stuff," it's still fairly bizarre behavior to throw one's possessions off a balcony. I mean, even if someone assured you there was no one down below who could possibly get injured, it's still not adult behavior. And there are other aspects to that story that don't make Brown look like a functioning adult, including the way he interacted with police once they arrived to take his report. That episode alone resulted in at least three lawsuits: by the parents of the child, the landlord and the owner of the condo property.

He also threatened Jesse Washington of the Undefeated after the Undefeated published a profile of him. Brown's not obligated to agree with every story published about him, but threats aren't the way to handle a dispute about what was published.

As you noted, this isn't limited to the Big Ben stuff. Off the field, he's been off the rails for a while now.