Do You Buy Napkins or Just use Paper Towels?

MKnight82

49 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

Cloth napkins are for old people or fancy establishments.
Which I am not / do not tend to frequent.

Paper towels all day.

I'm not fancy either.

I also have two children, so i'd need a drawer full of cloth napkins to avoid doing laundry every day.

Paper towels here too.  Only time we buy napkins is for the kids parties (themed napkins usually).

17 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't use wasteful paper products when I don't have to tbh. I use cloth napkins like a grown up. 

I haven't claimed to do the math or even google this, but washing cloth napkins isn't free to the environment.  Water, detergent, energy for the dryer.  It's not necessarily as simple as re-use vs. throw away.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

I haven't claimed to do the math or even google this, but washing cloth napkins isn't free to the environment.  Water, detergent, energy for the dryer.  It's not necessarily as simple as re-use vs. throw away.

You don't think there's some form of "washing", with water and detergents involved in producing each and every paper napkin products?  Especially the nice bleached white ones?  Like, that's part of turning trees into paper.  In a massive industrial process.  I think you can safely assume it's substantially more than just running a little high efficiency washing machine every now and then.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You don't think there's some form of "washing", with water and detergents involved in producing each and every paper napkin products?  Especially the nice bleached white ones?  Like, that's part of turning trees into paper.  In a massive industrial process.  I think you can safely assume it's substantially more than just running a little high efficiency washing machine every now and then.

Not necessarily.  The soap used for washing cloth can damage the water supply more than a biodegradable paper towel can.