Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Can somebody explain the Allison hate to me?

Is it just the erroneous 4.67 combine time that's always reported? I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a scout to see that Allison is not actually a 4.67 dude. 

He was my favorite UDFA that year, I just never thought he should have been a two. And I'm a huge ******* about skinny legged receivers. Even though it's probably based on nothing. He played well when he was out there last year and I shut up about it.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is it just the erroneous 4.67 combine time that's always reported? I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a scout to see that Allison is not actually a 4.67 dude. 

@Cadmus?

I don't see how healthy Allison isn't #2 in targets and #3 in efficiency behind MVS and Adams.  EQ *could* really come out of nowhere and supplant him but he has a long way to go in earning some trust.

If there's hate from allison it was before last season I think.  Maybe it carried over into this year.

Edited by skibrett15

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You'd think it'd work like that, but I've noticed a lot of people tend to take listed times as gospel, even when their own eyes give the lie to it.  They're more likely to think that they're seeing it wrong and the player isn't as fast as he looks like he is than to question the time.

1 minute ago, MrBobGray said:

You'd think it'd work like that, but I've noticed a lot of people tend to take listed times as gospel, even when their own eyes give the lie to it.  They're more likely to think that they're seeing it wrong and the player isn't as fast as he looks like he is than to question the time.

He's still a shade slower than Adams with not nearly the burst or polish.  And comparing him to the 2nd year guys is not really a comparison at all.

At the same time, nobody is mistaking Allison for a TE out there like a 4.67 would indicate.

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just speaking for me....

Hes not got one elite quality. 

It isnt size. Speed. Quickness. Hands.

He just seems to show up, be in the right place and catch the ball.

Personally I want my #2 WR to be more of a threat.  But hes steady and there is something to be said about that.

And...when I rip on him, he proves me wrong!

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Just speaking for me....

Personally I want my #2 WR to be more of a threat.  But hes steady and there is something to be said about that.

Couldn't the same be said about Adams?

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He's still a shade slower than Adams with not nearly the burst or polish.  And comparing him to the 2nd year guys is not really a comparison at all.

At the same time, nobody is mistaking Allison for a TE out there like a 4.67 would indicate.

As pointless of a metric as it is, I did find it interesting:

Allison has been timed above 20 mph on the field. 

I'm pretty sure Adams hasnt broken 19. 

That only accounts for scoring plays, but still odd

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just speaking for me....

His body control always seemed really good to me. Even in college. Found a way to contort and find balls. I think that's kinda what you said in part too. IDK. I guess I just wanted more and hated him for it.

I used to call Greg Jennings the greatest#2 that existed but wanted more than that at a #1 which was stupid too.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Couldn't the same be said about Adams?

Not in my book. Elite agility. Elite vertical. Hes always flashed those traits.

Maybe being steady and reliable is a trait that can be elite?

Ask you this...put GMO in San Fran. Does he start? Hit 1k in yards? I only picked them because i view Jimmy G as a good but not yet great qb with limited weapons.

...and Im unsure what he does somewhere else.

28 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

@Cadmus?

I don't see how healthy Allison isn't #2 in targets and #3 in efficiency behind MVS and Adams.  EQ *could* really come out of nowhere and supplant him but he has a long way to go in earning some trust.

If there's hate from allison it was before last season I think.  Maybe it carried over into this year.

Why was I tagged here? 

I agree that Allison will probably be #2 in targets in 2019.

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's a louses compliment to Adams. He was even worse in the past when it was Adams and Cobb.... Needed someone that could take the top off the D, not have all the DBs squatting within 10 yards of the LOS.