Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Fackrell was bad playing run D against backup TEs. It's not fiction. Cutting him is a bit premature as theres nothing behind him but the chances he sees a 2nd contract under Pettine are low.

I mean, the writing has been on the wall for a while now.  The Packers committed $118M to Preston and Za'Darius Smith, and they drafted Rashan Gary 12th overall.  There's few things I feel I can say with certainty, but I feel very confident that Kyler Fackrell will be playing his last year in Green Bay in 2019.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

oh, so he's elite at 3 really important things?  The technique is obvious.  He's very very good at his craft.

Overall, I don't think he's quite as good as we give him credit for.  Adams is keenan allen who gets to play with Aaron Rodgers.

Allen was my dude that year. I made 10000 gifs. Adams wasn't even a big guy on my radar. Vertically and physically he seems better. Get the impression Keenan's better RRer through his routes. A little better ability after the catch. Yes? Genuine question from a guy who basically took a 3 year hiatus from football other than to meme.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, the writing has been on the wall for a while now.  The Packers committed $118M to Preston and Za'Darius Smith, and they drafted Rashan Gary 12th overall.  There's few things I feel I can say with certainty, but I feel very confident that Kyler Fackrell will be playing his last year in Green Bay in 2019.

Yeah Fackrell is out next year no matter what.  You're not paying for a fourth OLB, and the other guys already have so much invested into them.  

7 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Yeah Fackrell is out next year no matter what.  You're not paying for a fourth OLB, and the other guys already have so much invested into them.  

I mean, if he repeats his numbers from a year ago someone's going to give him way too much.  If he doesn't, someone's going to pay him too much for what he did in 2018.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Under McCarthy we often saw 3, 4 WR sets so he saw plenty of time on the field. We would have 6 game day actives because of that and the ST work was given to Davis and Janis. Under LaFleur I think we're going to see lots of 2 WR sets and some 3s so we're looking at just 4 or 5 game day actives. If the first 2 is Adams and MVS then the special teams factor becomes more important with regards to Allison.

At this point, I think Geronimo Allison is clearly our #3 WR.  Some might disagree, but he was clearly our #3 WR to start the year last year with Davante Adams and Randall Cobb ahead of him.  It's probably safe to assume that MVS has jumped Allison, but has Kumerow or ESB jumped him?  I don't think so.  He's probably a safe Game Day active.  If the Packers opt to keep 4 WRs active, that fourth spot likely comes down to ST value and I think ESB and definitely Davis have the lean over Kumerow in that regard.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Allen was my dude that year. I made 10000 gifs. Adams wasn't even a big guy on my radar. Vertically and physically he seems better. Get the impression Keenan's better RRer through his routes. A little better ability after the catch. Yes? Genuine question from a guy who basically took a 3 year hiatus from football other than to meme.

I think they are the 2 best in the NFL at their releases.

Allen has more injuries.  Allen plays with a qb who will throw him open more and take more chances.  Adams is a little better vertically, but Allen is my preferred guy on 3rd and 10.  I think he gets open down the field in the intermediate zones and can separate from man coverage more consistently if you give him the full 3 seconds.  Adams is usually open much faster.  Both are the 2 best slant runners in the NFL IMO.

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

oh, so he's elite at 3 really important things?  The technique is obvious.  He's very very good at his craft.

Overall, I don't think he's quite as good as we give him credit for.  Adams is keenan allen who gets to play with Aaron Rodgers.

Oh hell yes am I in on this conversation!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think they are the 2 best in the NFL at their releases.

Allen has more injuries.  Allen plays with a qb who will throw him open more and take more chances.  Adams is a little better vertically, but Allen is my preferred guy on 3rd and 10.  I think he gets open down the field in the intermediate zones and can separate from man coverage more consistently if you give him the full 3 seconds.  Adams is usually open much faster.  Both are the 2 best slant runners in the NFL IMO.

See and SD has always been in my blind spot. TB, BUF, feel like I never see those guys. Definitely don't watch enough to know how Allen's release is, wouldn't watch close enough if I did. 

Big Rivers guy though. Feel bad for that dude being stuck on that franchise.

Allen can play though, injuries hurt his "Fame" not he's putting up numbers again.

Edited by Norm

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Oh no doubt. Just voicing my disagreement that Fennell is just a wild hater with an axe to grind. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When dudes are taking about him being in competition with Jake "8 reception in 4 years" Kumerow, I'm calling it hate.

Yeah I don't get these guys that keep saying he jumped Allison, 3 or 4 of them now. I never knew that was a thing. I think Cwood actually nailed it, he needs to beat out ESB. Not for the roster, not to kick off ESB, but to have a spot. 

IDK why people acting like Kumerow not making a team for years is a good thing, they gave him all the time in the world, Moore, nah. No time for that.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Elite vertical, I'll give you but realistically how often was that used before Rodgers started forcing the ball to him in the redzone this year?

He doesn't have elite agility, you could make the argument that he has elite agility at scale, but not compared to half the slot receivers in the league who are playing it at 195. 

As far as the vertical goes... Rodgers was throwing him high back shoulder passes as a rookie. That trait wss there from tge get go.

If you dont think his agility is elite then pick quickness. Hes scary fast and quick for like 8 yards. That too has always been there.

Give me your thoughts on GMO as a 9er. I dont know if hes their leading receiver or early cut down.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

With the exception of hands, none of those things were listed in his original list. 

Which is pretty much my point. You don't need elite size or speed to be a really good player. 

If you dont think Adams is elite in speed or quickness in an 8 yard box then I dont know what you see when you watch film.

Hes always been elite in tgat regard. I call it agility. Maybe it is quickness. Probably it is a combo of both.

Regarding GMO. Hes not elite in any area. Sorry. I want more than that in a #2 WR. Thinking GB has more in MVS and ESB. GMO has experience over them.