The Official 'Grade My Draft' Thread

N4L

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

@Forgecan you please critique my draft in the above posts please and tell me its all going to be okay despite the fact that I hate my QBs and overcompensated on WRs. Its 12 team PPR

I wouldn't worry about the quarterback situation. Wilson will have touchdown regression, but he's steady and perfect to our with Jackson, who has a huge upside in my opinion. You only overcompensate in receivers if your running backs are a problem, which Connor + Kamara it's certainly not

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Somebody help me out really fast. I need a WR2 (already have AB as WR1) and Im going to have to be selecting from this list. Can you rank them for me. Its PPR

Cooks, Diggs, Woods, Kupp, Lockett, Godwin and Galloday

I hope you took diggs. He's clearly ahead of all of those guys with lockett being 2nd by a wide margin imo. None of the Rams wrs excite me this year and I was all over goff and the rest of that offense last year, had him and Cooks in a lot of leagues. 

I just drafted. 12 team .5 ppr with the 12th pick:

QB: Garoppolo 

RB: mixon, Montgomery, guice, penny, d.harris, Justin Jackson

WR: diggs, Mike Williams, Boyd, Dede 

TE: kelce 

Denver, Dallas 

I l meant to add a WR later but the rbs I like kept falling into my lap. Never meant to get guice but the upside is there 

I also usually don't add multiple defenses but Dallas has a great defense and they were there late, so I couldn't pass it up. I plan on going kicker less in week 4 when the niners have the bye to get the backup QB. 

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Justin Jackson because Ekeler is so good as a pass-catcher, Jackson is likely more the early down pounder and breather-back rather than a straight up change-of-pace guy).

I disagree. Jackson is excellent at catching the ball. Ekeler is definitely better in that department, but I actually think it will be close to 50-50. I think ekeler is best used in a rotation, so I think it will be a pretty even split after a game or two. I'm sure the coaching staff won't intend to use Jackson a ton early on, but I expect his work share to grow to the point even when Gordon comes back he will get touches. I think he will play himself into it. Jackson is better between the tackles than ekeler too, so I anticipate Jackson being their goal line back on a team with a good offense 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

I hope you took diggs. He's clearly ahead of all of those guys with lockett being 2nd by a wide margin imo. None of the Rams wrs excite me this year and I was all over goff and the rest of that offense last year, had him and Cooks in a lot of leagues. 

I just drafted. 12 team .5 ppr with the 12th pick:

QB: Garoppolo 

RB: mixon, Montgomery, guice, penny, d.harris, Justin Jackson

WR: diggs, Mike Williams, Boyd, Dede 

TE: kelce 

Denver, Dallas 

I l meant to add a WR later but the rbs I like kept falling into my lap. Never meant to get guice but the upside is there 

I also usually don't add multiple defenses but Dallas has a great defense and they were there late, so I couldn't pass it up. I plan on going kicker less in week 4 when the niners have the bye to get the backup QB. 

I disagree. Jackson is excellent at catching the ball. Ekeler is definitely better in that department, but I actually think it will be close to 50-50. I think ekeler is best used in a rotation, so I think it will be a pretty even split after a game or two. I'm sure the coaching staff won't intend to use Jackson a ton early on, but I expect his work share to grow to the point even when Gordon comes back he will get touches. I think he will play himself into it. Jackson is better between the tackles than ekeler too, so I anticipate Jackson being their goal line back on a team with a good offense 

I'm basing off how I've actually watched Lynn use them.  Jackson has better value in non-PPR formats.  It's not a critique on what a player's skill level is, it's more a critique on what I believe the coaching staff believes the player's skill level is.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Why? 

I took him as my third QB in a two QB league

The guy in one of my leagues who took him as a gag 2nd QB (mostly just to tick off the Niner fan in the league who hadn't draft a QB yet and was counting on getting Jimmy late) couldn't even trade him to either of the Niner fans in the league.  And considering Luck was his other QB, he's now looking at a prospect of Ben and Jimmy as his starting QB options.

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Cooks is fairly underrated by the masses, dude just produces, but he and diggs would have been my 1/2. I was late in the bandwagon to Lockett, but I think that's because I still view him as a better bargain in standard

Just now, The LBC said:

The guy in one of my leagues who took him as a gag 2nd QB (mostly just to tick off the Niner fan in the league who hadn't draft a QB yet and was counting on getting Jimmy late) couldn't even trade him to either of the Niner fans in the league.  And considering Luck was his other QB, he's now looking at a prospect of Ben and Jimmy as his starting QB options.

Haha. 

I think he'll be fine, don't get me wrong, but the extremely high variance in his potential production (I wouldn't be shocked if he was QB 9, or QB 23) is just not something I have an appetite for as a starter in 10 or 12 team leagues. Not to mention the injury history. The position is simply too deep, especially once you account for the rushing in Allen, Trubusky and Jackson as powerful FF producers

Just now, Forge said:

Haha. 

I think he'll be fine, don't get me wrong, but the extremely high variance in his potential production (I wouldn't be shocked if he was QB 9, or QB 23) is just not something I have an appetite for as a starter in 10 or 12 team leagues. Not to mention the injury history. The position is simply too deep, especially once you account for the rushing in Allen, Trubusky and Jackson as powerful FF producers

I think he will throw for a lot of touchdowns this year. The niners offense struggles in the redzone partly because we run the zbs and lack a true power back, so I think we will throw the ball in the RZ a lot. I think the new weapons he has (deebo, Hurd, and even Kaden Smith) should do wonders for him in the RZ. He has big targets who fight for the ball in the air and he's super accurate when he's on, so that combination should lead to touchdowns through the air. 

Plus Kyle Shanahan is a top 5 offensive mind in football, who knows how to get guys open. I also think the niners defense will have some bad games which will lead to a lot of high scoring games where he needs to throw a lot. I also think we will try to put teams away if we get a lead and won't be satisfied just milking the clock with the ground game. 

I agree with you on the variance aspect of it, there is a lot of risk, but the rosters are so shallow (which I hate) that I know I can get another qb later if need be. 

Plus, it's partly for fun lol I kinda wanted at least one Niner, and I think he was worth the 11th round pick I spent on him. i don't think trubs or Allen will have more fantasy points at the end of the year. Jackson was long gone when I drafted Garoppolo. 

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm basing off how I've actually watched Lynn use them.  Jackson has better value in non-PPR formats.  It's not a critique on what a player's skill level is, it's more a critique on what I believe the coaching staff believes the player's skill level is.

I agree with you on how they view each player, but the eye test shows me that it's only a matter of time before Jackson changes that narrative. I think he will take a step forward in his second year, I liked what I saw in the preseason from him. I think the coaching staff used him like a guy they knew they were going to lean on, they really managed his work and made sure to keep the exposure low. I don't think we really disagree all that much, other than I think Jackson will earn a bigger role in the coming weeks and you expect things to stay the same as they are now. I think he is good at everything so he will be put in all different situations. He doesn't tip your hand for run/pass, which means the whole offense is open when he's on the field. That's big for a backup player imo because you don't have to change the offense for him

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Cooks is fairly underrated by the masses, dude just produces, but he and diggs would have been my 1/2. I was late in the bandwagon to Lockett, but I think that's because I still view him as a better bargain in standard

Yes, he certainly is. I had a lot of shares of him last year. He is dynamic. Quick out of his breaks and is good down field. That's a good combination with a good OL and a QB with a good arm. 

I just don't think that offense will be the same juggernaut it was last year. I think their team as a whole has a little bit of a down season. I don't just say that as a hopeful niners fan, it's just what my gut says. Sometimes teams have those off years and something just doesn't smell right to me. *Shrugs* 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Yes, he certainly is. I had a lot of shares of him last year. He is dynamic. Quick out of his breaks and is good down field. That's a good combination with a good OL and a QB with a good arm. 

I just don't think that offense will be the same juggernaut it was last year. I think their team as a whole has a little bit of a down season. I don't just say that as a hopeful niners fan, it's just what my gut says. Sometimes teams have those off years and something just doesn't smell right to me. *Shrugs* 

I mean, ultimately this reads like wishful thinking to me than anything based in evidence-based speculation.  The OL questions I can certainly see, but Sullivan wasn't exactly good last season and whereas you place a lot of trust in Shannahan to  know how to get guys open, I trust Aaron Kroemer to know how to groom and develop offensive guards.  Gurley's arthritis is a shade of a concern, but while I feel it'll affect his counting stats, I really don't feel like it's going to hurt the offense as a whole.  Malcolm Brown is talented and he's very likely to pick up the slack between the twenties, to preserve Gurley for the money (red) zone.  Meanwhile, saying that Kupp was missed by Goff post-injury last season is an understatement.  You had a player who was on pace for the #3 fantasy WR in the league last season (even with Adams putting up the insane TD number he was) and who has shown to be Goff's primary red zone read (we're talking a rate that paced prime Rivers/Gates).  You can't really judge off the preseason since McVay doesn't play out starters in the preseason (he's outright stated that the first team gains more from the larger number of practice reps against opposing 1st team players in joint practices than it does in preseason games wherein said teams run vanilla schemes).  Realistically, Gerald Everett's still not going to do squat other than catch a couple (more) completely unpredictable TD's and I'm expecting the offense to take a modest downtick in terms of points per game because the defense (particularly the secondary) should be less prone to shootouts this year if the bulk of them stay healthy, thus we'll run Brown (and Henderson) more in line with game script.  But I've got Goff statted out as a Top 10 fantasy QB this season and Woods as a low-end WR1... and, at least on the later, that was me forcing myself to be conservative.

• Like 1

So my last draft tonight is my biggest money league, not sure where I’ll be picking yet but the scoring is funky.

PPR, 6 points per pass TD, 2/4/6 point bonuses at 100/150/200 rushing/receiving yards and 2/4/6 point bonuses at 300/350/400 passing yards.

How early is should i be taking Mahomes? I feel like this format screams first round. He’s project like 100 points more than the next player which is Rodgers 

12 team non PPR league. I was in the 6th position.

QB: Cam Newton, Mitch Trubisky

RB: Zeke Elliott, Sony Michel, Philip Lindsay, Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones

WR: Ju Ju Smith-Shuster, Mike Williams, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup

TE: David Njoku, Kyle Rudolph

D: Vikings

K: Harrison Butker

Overall I'm happy, so long as Zeke signs and Kareem comes back healthy in week 10.

28 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

So my last draft tonight is my biggest money league, not sure where I’ll be picking yet but the scoring is funky.

PPR, 6 points per pass TD, 2/4/6 point bonuses at 100/150/200 rushing/receiving yards and 2/4/6 point bonuses at 300/350/400 passing yards.

How early is should i be taking Mahomes? I feel like this format screams first round. He’s project like 100 points more than the next player which is Rodgers 

What type of projection are they giving him? I figured he'd have something around 38 touchdowns, which is great, but shouldn't be worth 100 points more. 9 Players had 30 or more last year, and that doesn't include Rodgers. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

What type of projection are they giving him? I figured he'd have something around 38 touchdowns, which is great, but shouldn't be worth 100 points more. 9 Players had 30 or more last year, and that doesn't include Rodgers. 

Actually Goff is second, Yahoo has him at 5021 yards, 43.5 TDs, 14.9 INT 288 rush yards 1.8 rush td. Projected 515 points to Goff’s. 417

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Actually Goff is second, Yahoo has him at 5021 yards, 43.5 TDs, 14.9 INT 288 rush yards 1.8 rush td. Projected 515 points to Goff’s. 417

That's too high for me, personally with regards to the projections, but I don't think he has as good of a season. If you think he replicates last year, you can make the argument for sure