The Official 'Grade My Draft' Thread

N4L

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing for me is that juju carries risk. He's the number one now, and there is no guarantee he can continue to perform at the level he did last year when he had AB often pulling the CB1. I have no shares of juju this year so far. He's the last receiver in that tier for me

understandable for sure. I guess i feel a little better on juju than youdo (get it) 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I remember right from his team last year, it's league rules

Forge is right. We have to fill ALL starting positions before bench players can be picked. Also redraft order after every 2nd round. It’s a tricky league to navigate through. 

This time from pick #10...which is where I suspect I'll be picking in my actual money draft since I seem to pick 9 or 10 every single year. Incredibly, Zeke went #1 overall in this draft....I have no words...

• 1 (10) -  Todd Gurley, RB
  • 2 (11) - Julio Jones, WR
  • 3 (30) - George Kittle, TE
  • 4 (31) - Adam Thielen, WR
  • 5 (50) - James White, RB
  • 6 (51) - Sony Michel, RB
  • 7 (70) - Phillip Lindsay, RB
  • 8 (71) - Aaron Rodgers, QB
  • 9 (90) - Corey Davis, WR
  • 10 (91) - Darrell Henderson, RB. 
  • 11 (110) - Drew Brees, QB
  • 12 (111) - Dante Pettis, WR
  • 13 (130) - Jaylen Samuels, RB
  • 14 (131) - Josh Allen, QB 
  • 15 (150) -  Dallas D
  • 16 (151) -  Justin Tucker, K

Obviously this draft immediately comes down to what happens with Gurley. If he is healthy this season, and performs as he has, this team is going to be good. Hill V Jones was tough in round 2 because my league awards points for big touchdown plays, and Hill racks up huge points in that regard. Round 3 was tricky. I had a number of running backs available (Carson, Jones) and higher rated receiver in Cooper on the board, but instead elected to go a different way and snagged Kittle and Thielen because I haven't been happy with the middle tier receivers. Thielen should remain a PPR monster, which is nice, and Cooper's injury worries me.  Kittle is due for some regression - the guy was the only player in the NFL with 3 70 yard touchdowns last year and he's a tight end. That's unlikely to replicate. But he should see some positive touchdown regression (hopefully), as he had only 5 last year. 

Round 5/6 was interesting. Definitely wanted a running back, but when I looked across the receiver market, I didn't ssee anything intriguing whatsoever, so went back to back. You can debate the merits of taking both White and Michel. I certainly will. The league is PPR, so obviously White has a ton of value there, though I expect touchdown regression. I also wanted to avoid taking Lindsay again just to change it up. Both players are slightly over drafted here, but being the the last / first, I was going to have to overdraft at least one of them because they wouldn't make it back around. 

Well, round 7 made the decisions in rounds 5/6 worse, because I ended up with Lindsay anyway lol. I almost took Ekeler in round 8, just because, but I Figured that Ekeler adds little net value to my roster at this point, but Rodgers in a 2 quarterback league should give me nice value overall. Particularly in a league that is rough on interceptions (-4).

You guys may have notice that yet again I have Corey Davis. I have a lot of shares of him this year. It's not because I'm expecting a break out season, but because the wide receivers in this area are so underwhelming, that there just aren't any available with his upside. He's the number one receiver on an offense that won't be completely incompetent. The other options were guys like Jamison Crowder (went 2 picks later), Courtland Sutton, Will Fuller (tempting, injuries are problematic) and Larry Fitz. So he gets the nod. Henderson in round 10 is pretty easy. Yes, it's an overdraft, but my next pick is after his ADP, and any team that has Gurley has to have Henderson. 

Round 11 saw us back to the QB market for our second QB. Brees has no arm strength any more, but the upside to that is that he's going to be in a good offense, predicated on easy throws which is going to result in lower ints. Furthermore, he should still put up close to 30 touchdowns. He's a very solid piece in round 11 who is actually going to start, and a lot of quarterbacks taken well ahead of him are not going to do much better. Round 12 brought Pettis. I have been underwhelmed with him as a 49er fan, but he's arguably the top wide receiver on that team (Kittle excluded as a tight end, of course), so there's some upside I suppose. 

Jaylen Samuels is another guy that I have a lot of shares with late as Connor's handcuff and a guy that I feel reasonably comfortable with performing well if needed. Josh Allen was just a fun little dart throw as my QB 3 in this scenario. To finish the draft, we once again procure Dallas' defense and that friendly slate of opening games and round it out with Justin Tucker at kicker. 

I don't hate this team, but I have to wonder if this is the way to go about it. I think that there is real merit to going wr / wr in the first two rounds, given that when it came back around to me, I still had a crack at Aaron Jones and Chris Carson to lead my running back group, and then could have supported them with Michel / White and Lindsay in two of the next three rounds. No, there is no superstar in that grouping at running backs, but that kind of depth with some receivers could get me one. But I really don't know how you pass up on the Gurley potential at the back half of round one. The unfairness of the draft is evident - your top guys, 1-5 can easily out perform the bottom 5 guys in the first round by 3 points per game. Guys 11-15 are not outscoring 16 -20 by 3 points a game. So the upside of Gurley at #10 killing that gap is super important. 

This was my auction draft 12 teams, non-PPR. I wanted 4 guys I felt comfortable starting every week regardless of matchup and I'm pretty happy with them and the price I paid. I dont love my #3s at RB/WR but there is some potential for them to pay off quite a bit later on. And yes I drafted 3 Pittsburgh non-RBs...I just realized that now

QB: Goff & Winston

RB: Mixon, Michel, M. Sanders, Latavius, Singletary, J.Jackson

WR: Hill, Juju, Allison, Pettis, J.Washington

TE: McDonald

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This time from pick #10...which is where I suspect I'll be picking in my actual money draft since I seem to pick 9 or 10 every single year. Incredibly, Zeke went #1 overall in this draft....I have no words...

• 1 (10) -  Todd Gurley, RB
  • 2 (11) - Julio Jones, WR
  • 3 (30) - George Kittle, TE
  • 4 (31) - Adam Thielen, WR
  • 5 (50) - James White, RB
  • 6 (51) - Sony Michel, RB
  • 7 (70) - Phillip Lindsay, RB
  • 8 (71) - Aaron Rodgers, QB
  • 9 (90) - Corey Davis, WR
  • 10 (91) - Darrell Henderson, RB. 
  • 11 (110) - Drew Brees, QB
  • 12 (111) - Dante Pettis, WR
  • 13 (130) - Jaylen Samuels, RB
  • 14 (131) - Josh Allen, QB 
  • 15 (150) -  Dallas D
  • 16 (151) -  Justin Tucker, K

Obviously this draft immediately comes down to what happens with Gurley. If he is healthy this season, and performs as he has, this team is going to be good. Hill V Jones was tough in round 2 because my league awards points for big touchdown plays, and Hill racks up huge points in that regard. Round 3 was tricky. I had a number of running backs available (Carson, Jones) and higher rated receiver in Cooper on the board, but instead elected to go a different way and snagged Kittle and Thielen because I haven't been happy with the middle tier receivers. Thielen should remain a PPR monster, which is nice, and Cooper's injury worries me.  Kittle is due for some regression - the guy was the only player in the NFL with 3 70 yard touchdowns last year and he's a tight end. That's unlikely to replicate. But he should see some positive touchdown regression (hopefully), as he had only 5 last year. 

Round 5/6 was interesting. Definitely wanted a running back, but when I looked across the receiver market, I didn't ssee anything intriguing whatsoever, so went back to back. You can debate the merits of taking both White and Michel. I certainly will. The league is PPR, so obviously White has a ton of value there, though I expect touchdown regression. I also wanted to avoid taking Lindsay again just to change it up. Both players are slightly over drafted here, but being the the last / first, I was going to have to overdraft at least one of them because they wouldn't make it back around. 

Well, round 7 made the decisions in rounds 5/6 worse, because I ended up with Lindsay anyway lol. I almost took Ekeler in round 8, just because, but I Figured that Ekeler adds little net value to my roster at this point, but Rodgers in a 2 quarterback league should give me nice value overall. Particularly in a league that is rough on interceptions (-4).

You guys may have notice that yet again I have Corey Davis. I have a lot of shares of him this year. It's not because I'm expecting a break out season, but because the wide receivers in this area are so underwhelming, that there just aren't any available with his upside. He's the number one receiver on an offense that won't be completely incompetent. The other options were guys like Jamison Crowder (went 2 picks later), Courtland Sutton, Will Fuller (tempting, injuries are problematic) and Larry Fitz. So he gets the nod. Henderson in round 10 is pretty easy. Yes, it's an overdraft, but my next pick is after his ADP, and any team that has Gurley has to have Henderson. 

Round 11 saw us back to the QB market for our second QB. Brees has no arm strength any more, but the upside to that is that he's going to be in a good offense, predicated on easy throws which is going to result in lower ints. Furthermore, he should still put up close to 30 touchdowns. He's a very solid piece in round 11 who is actually going to start, and a lot of quarterbacks taken well ahead of him are not going to do much better. Round 12 brought Pettis. I have been underwhelmed with him as a 49er fan, but he's arguably the top wide receiver on that team (Kittle excluded as a tight end, of course), so there's some upside I suppose. 

Jaylen Samuels is another guy that I have a lot of shares with late as Connor's handcuff and a guy that I feel reasonably comfortable with performing well if needed. Josh Allen was just a fun little dart throw as my QB 3 in this scenario. To finish the draft, we once again procure Dallas' defense and that friendly slate of opening games and round it out with Justin Tucker at kicker. 

I don't hate this team, but I have to wonder if this is the way to go about it. I think that there is real merit to going wr / wr in the first two rounds, given that when it came back around to me, I still had a crack at Aaron Jones and Chris Carson to lead my running back group, and then could have supported them with Michel / White and Lindsay in two of the next three rounds. No, there is no superstar in that grouping at running backs, but that kind of depth with some receivers could get me one. But I really don't know how you pass up on the Gurley potential at the back half of round one. The unfairness of the draft is evident - your top guys, 1-5 can easily out perform the bottom 5 guys in the first round by 3 points per game. Guys 11-15 are not outscoring 16 -20 by 3 points a game. So the upside of Gurley at #10 killing that gap is super important. 

Standard or PPR? Nevermind I see you mentioned Thielen being a PPR monster so great call

If Gurley proves to be worth the 10th pick(even if he isn't a Top-5 RB just worth a 1st) I like it

Gurley, Julio is a strong 1-2 punch

If it were me, I probably would have passed on Thielen for Carson or Jones BUT

you also got White and Michel so going Thielen was absolutely probably was the right call. How the heck did White fall to the end of the 5th? I mean he is possibly Top-10 in PPR leagues

So there's 6 rounds of domination, getting a Top TE is even more important in PPR leagues imo.

I dont love Lindsay but at that point its decent value, same goes for Rodgers then but less so on Rodgers because QBs last forever in drafts

Is this a 2 QB league? I dont understand drafting 3 guys, especially since you spent an earlier pick on Rodgers

Henderson, Pettis and Samuels are all decent lotto ticket players. I absolutely hate the QB situation for Tennessee and its not just because they are a rival so while Davis is talented, I just dont think he can be a viable starter at any point but you didn't draft him as your #2 but I dont like him as a #3 either

Thoughts on mine above @Forge?

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This was my auction draft 12 teams, non-PPR. I wanted 4 guys I felt comfortable starting every week regardless of matchup and I'm pretty happy with them and the price I paid. I dont love my #3s at RB/WR but there is some potential for them to pay off quite a bit later on. And yes I drafted 3 Pittsburgh non-RBs...I just realized that now

QB: Goff & Winston

RB: Mixon, Michel, M. Sanders, Latavius, Singletary, J.Jackson

WR: Hill, Juju, Allison, Pettis, J.Washington

TE: McDonald

Thoughts?

The main quibble I have is that I'm just not 100% on Juju. I don't know what the costs are, but I've mentioned before, in the area of this level of wide receiver, he's probably my lowest rated receiver because I don't know how the loss of AB affects him in particular matching up against #1 corners with the possibility that the team becomes more pass / run balanced.  I think Mike Evans is primed for a big season so I'm willing to go a couple of dollars more on him than I am for Juju, but not super crazy above and beyond .

That being said, here's what I love about your team - you don't have any top tier guys, but you have 3 of the guys in that 10-18 range, and there's a ton of power there. Like, if you were in a snake draft and got Mixon, Hill and Juju, people would seriously be wondering how the hell you managed that. I absolutely love your running back depth as well. There's a little risk involved, because you have so many committee shares and young guys, but Michel is poised for a good chunk of positive touchdown regression this year assuming he's utilized in a similar manner, which is going to have him finish well above his draft position / draft cost. Sanders and Singletary are probably in committees, but also have looked really good, and could earn the lion share of work. Sanders in particular looks legit. 

I'm not sure how your quarterback scoring works, but Winston is a bonafide sleeper in leagues that don't butcher you for interceptions. If they are only -1, even better because I woudln't be at all shocked if Winston led the NFC in passing yards. We know how Arians works. With that should also come a lot of touchdowns with guys like Brate / Evans / Howard. In my league, it's +4 for passing tds, but -4 for INTS, so he's basically not draftable with all the turnovers, but in leagues that don't punish interceptions as bad as my own, he's an amazing steal at the end of the draft who could easily put up season long numbers in the top 10 of his position. 

I'm slowly coming around on Vance. I'm sort of "meh" on him still, but a lot of that is having to watch him for years with the 49ers. Just brutal. But obviously, he played really well with the Steelers last year and Jesse James is now gone. I don't think he has the upside to be a top 3 TE and break out the way Kittle did last year (my favorites for that would probably be Engram / Henry and maybe Howard), but I think he may be firmly ensconced at the top of the third tier. And he was probably fairly cheap in auction. 

30 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Standard or PPR? Nevermind I see you mentioned Thielen being a PPR monster so great call

If Gurley proves to be worth the 10th pick(even if he isn't a Top-5 RB just worth a 1st) I like it

Gurley, Julio is a strong 1-2 punch

If it were me, I probably would have passed on Thielen for Carson or Jones BUT

you also got White and Michel so going Thielen was absolutely probably was the right call. How the heck did White fall to the end of the 5th? I mean he is possibly Top-10 in PPR leagues

So there's 6 rounds of domination, getting a Top TE is even more important in PPR leagues imo.

I dont love Lindsay but at that point its decent value, same goes for Rodgers then but less so on Rodgers because QBs last forever in drafts

Is this a 2 QB league? I dont understand drafting 3 guys, especially since you spent an earlier pick on Rodgers

Henderson, Pettis and Samuels are all decent lotto ticket players. I absolutely hate the QB situation for Tennessee and its not just because they are a rival so while Davis is talented, I just dont think he can be a viable starter at any point but you didn't draft him as your #2 but I dont like him as a #3 either

Thoughts on mine above @Forge?

Yeah, it's a 2 qb league, so I always make sure to grab 3 good ones because they become weirdly valuable later in the season in trades. Last year I took Goff / Brees / Winston. I ended up turning Goff into Julio, dropped Winston for Eli, then turned Eli into Baker Mayfield (not a joke). 

I think at this point, if I'm choosing late in the first, the pick has to be gurley, even though the wr/wr angle is strong. There's just too much potential there. If gurley is gone, for the first time in my fantasy playing career, I think wr/wr may be the preferred option

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

The main quibble I have is that I'm just not 100% on Juju. I don't know what the costs are, but I've mentioned before, in the area of this level of wide receiver, he's probably my lowest rated receiver because I don't know how the loss of AB affects him in particular matching up against #1 corners with the possibility that the team becomes more pass / run balanced.  I think Mike Evans is primed for a big season so I'm willing to go a couple of dollars more on him than I am for Juju, but not super crazy above and beyond .

That being said, here's what I love about your team - you don't have any top tier guys, but you have 3 of the guys in that 10-18 range, and there's a ton of power there. Like, if you were in a snake draft and got Mixon, Hill and Juju, people would seriously be wondering how the hell you managed that. I absolutely love your running back depth as well. There's a little risk involved, because you have so many committee shares and young guys, but Michel is poised for a good chunk of positive touchdown regression this year assuming he's utilized in a similar manner, which is going to have him finish well above his draft position / draft cost. Sanders and Singletary are probably in committees, but also have looked really good, and could earn the lion share of work. Sanders in particular looks legit. 

I'm not sure how your quarterback scoring works, but Winston is a bonafide sleeper in leagues that don't butcher you for interceptions. If they are only -1, even better because I woudln't be at all shocked if Winston led the NFC in passing yards. We know how Arians works. With that should also come a lot of touchdowns with guys like Brate / Evans / Howard. In my league, it's +4 for passing tds, but -4 for INTS, so he's basically not draftable with all the turnovers, but in leagues that don't punish interceptions as bad as my own, he's an amazing steal at the end of the draft who could easily put up season long numbers in the top 10 of his position. 

I'm slowly coming around on Vance. I'm sort of "meh" on him still, but a lot of that is having to watch him for years with the 49ers. Just brutal. But obviously, he played really well with the Steelers last year and Jesse James is now gone. I don't think he has the upside to be a top 3 TE and break out the way Kittle did last year (my favorites for that would probably be Engram / Henry and maybe Howard), but I think he may be firmly ensconced at the top of the third tier. And he was probably fairly cheap in auction. 

Evans actually went for the same cost as Tyreek($49) whereas I got Juju for 43. I love Evans alot but not enough to spend $50 on him when Juju was 43

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Evans actually went for the same cost as Tyreek($49) whereas I got Juju for 43. I love Evans alot but not enough to spend $50 on him when Juju was 43

Would have been tough. In my write up, I was going to say "I wouldn't have spent $8 more on Evans is anything" so $6 is getting up there where I can make the decision either way. 

Ran another one from #9...very similar type draft. Went RB / Rb this time at the top with Gurley and Connor. Didn't much like the way it turned out. Lots of similar picks - and the ones that didn't sync up with it I felt a lot worse about. The receivers if you don't take one in the first two rounds are brutal. The Gurley / Connor combo is nice, but the receivers ended up being Golloday / Mike Williams / Godwin / John Brown. 

The running backs again had solid, if slightly different depth pieces - Gurley / Connor / Coleman / Shady / Henderson and Justice Hill. 

So far, this was easily the worst team in my opinion. Drafting at the back and going RB / Rb is not a good option after seeing this, in my opinion. 

Did my final draft of the year...This one was a 10-team PPR, Superflex, no kickers...Drafted 3rd overall...

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Christian McCaffery 
RB: Kerryon Johson
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Brandin Cooks
TE: Evan Engram
Flex: James White
S/Flex: Jameis Winston
DST: Cowboys

Bench:
Miles Sanders RB
Matt Breida RB
Sammy Watkins WR
Will Fuller WR
Mecole Hardman WR
Sam Darnold QB 

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Did my final draft of the year...This one was a 10-team PPR, Superflex, no kickers...Drafted 3rd overall...

Bench:
Miles Sanders RB
Matt Breida RB
Sammy Watkins WR
Will Fuller WR
Mecole Hardman WR
Sam Darnold QB 

I like that team!

Joined a 20 team league on a whim today, just to try out something funky. I drew the 19th spot.....(woof). Here is how my team turned out.

QB- Cam Newton

RB- Tevin Coleman

RB- Austin Ekeler

WR- JuJu Smith Schuster

WR- John Brown

TE- Travis Kelce

Flex- Tony Pollard

Flex- Jordan Reed

Bench- Anthony Miller, Mike Davis, Gus Edwards, Nelson Agholor, Jakeem Grant 

I feel like this is going to be bad lol

35 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Bench:
Miles Sanders RB
Matt Breida RB