The Official 'Grade My Draft' Thread

N4L

56 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Joined a 20 team league on a whim today, just to try out something funky. I drew the 19th spot.....(woof). Here is how my team turned out.

QB- Cam Newton

RB- Tevin Coleman

RB- Austin Ekeler

WR- JuJu Smith Schuster

WR- John Brown

TE- Travis Kelce

Flex- Tony Pollard

Flex- Jordan Reed

Bench- Anthony Miller, Mike Davis, Gus Edwards, Nelson Agholor, Jakeem Grant 

I feel like this is going to be bad lol

Getting Kelce and Juju that late is really impressive. 

This is a 12 team PPR league with bonuses for rushes/receptions (QBs get the bonus for throwing one) of 40yd+ and an added bonus on the same plays for TDs. We also reshuffle the draft order after every 2 rounds.  I have the corresponding round/selection next to each pick.

QB Jameis Winston 11.8
RB CmC 1.1
RB Leonard Fournette 2.12
WR Keenan Allen 3.3
WR Tyler Boyd 5.8
TE Mark Andrews 12.5
FLX David Montgomery 4.10
K K'aimi Fairbarn
D Denver
BN Duke Johnson 6.5
BN Robby Anderson 7.6
BN Miles Sanders 8.7
BN Curtis Samuel 9.1
BN Rashaad Penny 10.12
BN Dante Pettis 13.3
BN Justice Hill 14.10

I'm pumped with how my RBs turned out, especially my top 3.  I was torn on D. Williams (before the Shady news), Kittle, and Fournette at 2.12, and I may have reached in some eyes, but I still think he's probably the best pick for me there.  Not extremely stoked on Boyd, but the guys i was targeting at that point all got taken right before (golladay and lockett) and I think Boyd can still be a WR2. I am really happy with my overall WR depth, though.  If Robby Anderson can perform near how he did at the end of last season, he will most likely move into my WR2 slot. I don't love Andrews, but I waited a bit too long (and got unlucky on draws while getting pure sniped on Evan Engram) and decided to ride out with the potential he brings.  I might be crazy, but I feel like getting Jameis in the mid-late 12th, as probably the 15-17th QB taken, is a steal.  

Overall I really like how my team shaped up, even with a little deficiency at TE.  Hopefully some bench players pop and I can make a trade for a more serviceable  TE if Andrews isn't cutting it, but he should be enough to stay fairly relevant until then.

9 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Did my final draft of the year...This one was a 10-team PPR, Superflex, no kickers...Drafted 3rd overall...

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Christian McCaffery 
RB: Kerryon Johson
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Brandin Cooks
TE: Evan Engram
Flex: James White
S/Flex: Jameis Winston
DST: Cowboys

Bench:
Miles Sanders RB
Matt Breida RB
Sammy Watkins WR
Will Fuller WR
Mecole Hardman WR
Sam Darnold QB 

I get that its a 10 team league but it is PPR.

How do people not realize that James White was like 6th overall at RB last year? Even if he regresses, you stole him

Forgive me because i cant keep everyones team straight since I’m commenting on all of them, but was this a keeper league? You shouldn’t have been able to get CMC and Adams even in a 6 team league

Looks strong 

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Joined a 20 team league on a whim today, just to try out something funky. I drew the 19th spot.....(woof). Here is how my team turned out.

QB- Cam Newton

RB- Tevin Coleman

RB- Austin Ekeler

WR- JuJu Smith Schuster

WR- John Brown

TE- Travis Kelce

Flex- Tony Pollard

Flex- Jordan Reed

Bench- Anthony Miller, Mike Davis, Gus Edwards, Nelson Agholor, Jakeem Grant 

I feel like this is going to be bad lol

I think your feeling is correct since Pollard is probably worthless and Reed is always hurt. However, outside the flex positions, i think you did really well with your starting lineup 

Cam is Top-10

The Rbs are definitely top-40 at least with decent potential 

Juju is Top-10 and Brown has legit upside 

Kelce is obviously #1

Even on your bench Miller has upside ans Davis is a high level handcuff in the event Monty gets hurt

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

12 team ppr from the 10 spot

Rodgers

Obj, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Sutton, Davante Parker

Lev Bell, Michel, Singletary, Dion Lewis, Shady McCoy, Ito Smith, Mattison

Evan Engram

I hate Bell this year but at pick 10 i think you had to do it. OBJ is strong too. If Cooper is healed up and ready to go you did very well on the 3/4 turn. Engram and Rodgers are great starters and Singletary has strong potential too

6 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

10 team, half PPR, 5th pick

RBs - DJ, Gurly

WRs - Thilen, Hilton

QB - L Jackson

TE - Henry

Flex - Carson

DST - Pats

K - Butker

Bench - J Gordan, L Murray, AJ Green, McCoy, Penny

I took Penny over Mattison, Hill, D Thompson, Samuels, J Jackson, 

DJ and Gurley is a huge duo to have. Could be a gamechanger for you

Love that you have Gordon and Green on the bench as high upside guys and Carson is a great flex

5 hours ago, ravens_rool28 said:

This is a 12 team PPR league with bonuses for rushes/receptions (QBs get the bonus for throwing one) of 40yd+ and an added bonus on the same plays for TDs. We also reshuffle the draft order after every 2 rounds.  I have the corresponding round/selection next to each pick.

QB Jameis Winston 11.8
RB CmC 1.1
RB Leonard Fournette 2.12
WR Keenan Allen 3.3
WR Tyler Boyd 5.8
TE Mark Andrews 12.5
FLX David Montgomery 4.10
K K'aimi Fairbarn
D Denver
BN Duke Johnson 6.5
BN Robby Anderson 7.6
BN Miles Sanders 8.7
BN Curtis Samuel 9.1
BN Rashaad Penny 10.12
BN Dante Pettis 13.3
BN Justice Hill 14.10

I'm pumped with how my RBs turned out, especially my top 3.  I was torn on D. Williams (before the Shady news), Kittle, and Fournette at 2.12, and I may have reached in some eyes, but I still think he's probably the best pick for me there.  Not extremely stoked on Boyd, but the guys i was targeting at that point all got taken right before (golladay and lockett) and I think Boyd can still be a WR2. I am really happy with my overall WR depth, though.  If Robby Anderson can perform near how he did at the end of last season, he will most likely move into my WR2 slot. I don't love Andrews, but I waited a bit too long (and got unlucky on draws while getting pure sniped on Evan Engram) and decided to ride out with the potential he brings.  I might be crazy, but I feel like getting Jameis in the mid-late 12th, as probably the 15-17th QB taken, is a steal.  

Overall I really like how my team shaped up, even with a little deficiency at TE.  Hopefully some bench players pop and I can make a trade for a more serviceable  TE if Andrews isn't cutting it, but he should be enough to stay fairly relevant until then.

I think its dumb they reshuffle the draft order...with that said i think you killed it

CMC and Fournette is a great duo even if i dont love LF you got value and i love Monty too

Allen, Boyd and Robby are all good ones

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think your feeling is correct since Pollard is probably worthless and Reed is always hurt. However, outside the flex positions, i think you did really well with your starting lineup 

Cam is Top-10

The Rbs are definitely top-40 at least with decent potential 

Juju is Top-10 and Brown has legit upside 

Kelce is obviously #1

Even on your bench Miller has upside ans Davis is a high level handcuff in the event Monty gets hurt

Pollard will either be completely useless or the reason my team gets off to a hot start while I figure out life in a 20 team league. There will likely be no in between 

Ran one with pick #7 and I actually really liked the resulting team. It carries a ton of risk at the running back position, but if things ran out right, this would be a beast of a team: 

QB (2 quarterback league): Big Ben, Wilson, Rivers

RB: Gurley, Fournette, James White, Austin Ekeler, Shady McCoy, Darrell Henderson (all gurley drafters should have)

WR: OBJ, Thielen, Diggs, John Brown

TE: Hunter Henry

D: Dallas

K: Robbie Gould

*This may have been the best / favorite team I have put together. It carries risk, but hot damn, it's got some potential. I continue to struggle getting an early pick (I started 2 other drafts while doing this one, got pick 5 in one, #9 and #8 in another...it's amazing how hard it is for me to get a top 4 pick). 

I don't love having both Diggs and Thielen, but I didn't know how to pass up Diggs in round 5. Strong trade candidates there.  Gurley continues to be my selection after the top 4, largely because of the upside. Huge risk, but I really feel like a lot of the concern on him is overblown. Adding Henderson is a must when drafting him, but it's not like that is really affecting me at all. The biggest problem for this team is that week 12 is almost an auto loss if trades aren't made. Diggs / Thielen, Shady and Henry are all on bye weeks lol. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that its a 10 team league but it is PPR.

How do people not realize that James White was like 6th overall at RB last year? Even if he regresses, you stole him

Forgive me because i cant keep everyones team straight since I’m commenting on all of them, but was this a keeper league? You shouldn’t have been able to get CMC and Adams even in a 6 team league

Looks strong 

No it wasn’t a keeper. And I have no idea what the guys were thinking. Tyreek was the first WR off the board. And I’ve done a ton of fantasy leagues with the guy who took him, I was shocked. He’s a guy who tends to know his stuff.

I got CMC at 1.03 and Adams at 2.08. I know That’s insane. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ran one with pick #7 and I actually really liked the resulting team. It carries a ton of risk at the running back position, but if things ran out right, this would be a beast of a team: 

QB (2 quarterback league): Big Ben, Wilson, Rivers

RB: Gurley, Fournette, James White, Austin Ekeler, Shady McCoy, Darrell Henderson (all gurley drafters should have)

WR: OBJ, Thielen, Diggs, John Brown

TE: Hunter Henry

D: Dallas

K: Robbie Gould

*This may have been the best / favorite team I have put together. It carries risk, but hot damn, it's got some potential. I continue to struggle getting an early pick (I started 2 other drafts while doing this one, got pick 5 in one, #9 and #8 in another...it's amazing how hard it is for me to get a top 4 pick). 

I don't love having both Diggs and Thielen, but I didn't know how to pass up Diggs in round 5. Strong trade candidates there.  Gurley continues to be my selection after the top 4, largely because of the upside. Huge risk, but I really feel like a lot of the concern on him is overblown. Adding Henderson is a must when drafting him, but it's not like that is really affecting me at all. The biggest problem for this team is that week 12 is almost an auto loss if trades aren't made. Diggs / Thielen, Shady and Henry are all on bye weeks lol. 

Yeah this team is really nice. What do you think about the Chiefs RB situation? Are you expecting Shady to get the majority of the touches? Not a huge Fournette guy but everything else I Love. 

55 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Yeah this team is really nice. What do you think about the Chiefs RB situation? Are you expecting Shady to get the majority of the touches? Not a huge Fournette guy but everything else I Love. 

I cant imagine Shady gets the majority, I feel like they let Hyde go because they trust D-Will and co enough

I wanted D-Will alot but never got a chance to get him where I felt comfortable taking him

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

No, I'm not expecting Shady to get the majority of carries. I agree with @JaguarCrazy2832 there, Williams is still the guy to own on this team, though I Do think that Shady probably eats into the carries some and should depress Williams' value somewhat. 

That being said, as an RB5, and with where he's still going in drafts, he immediately becomes one of the more interesting players in that section. I'd rather take a chance on him than Tevin Coleman going 2 rounds earlier or whatever. At this point, I'm treating Shady as a super high upside handcuff which makes him worth a selection in that range. I'm certainly not going crazy and drafting him in round 6 or something.