Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Well yeah, I'm not expecting overnight. But we have to do something over the course of the year, no?

I wouldn't hold my breath on it.  The Lakers aren't going to give up their salary cap flexibility for next offseason, so they're not taking back any long-term salary.  And if McGee continues to play as well as he has this far, the Lakers probably aren't going to feel overly pressured to make a deal.  At some point, Mo Wagner will be back and I'd anticipate him getting some minutes at the position.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:14 AM, M.10.E said:

KCP has a NTC. Don't know if he'll accept.

The more I think about it, the more the Lakers need to pressure him to accept a deal by telling him "You're behind Hart, Lance, Ingram, Kuzma, and Svi.  Either stay on the bench for the rest of the season, or accept the deal."

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on it.  The Lakers aren't going to give up their salary cap flexibility for next offseason, so they're not taking back any long-term salary.  And if McGee continues to play as well as he has this far, the Lakers probably aren't going to feel overly pressured to make a deal.  At some point, Mo Wagner will be back and I'd anticipate him getting some minutes at the position.

Yeah I've thought that way too. I know Wagner will be back but I doubt he makes any difference. Was hoping we could find a rotational C with an expiring contract .I wonder which big name, if any, we sign next summer.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I've thought that way too. I know Wagner will be back but I doubt he makes any difference. Was hoping we could find a rotational C with an expiring contract .I wonder which big name, if any, we sign next summer.

I think the "best" available C would be WCS.  But the Kings aren't dealing him inside their division in a deal that didn't hurt the Lakers.  And the Lakers aren't giving up much for a guy whose a pending RFA, who'd they have to non-tender to sign that second max contract.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, CWood21 said:

Better than Zubac or Williams.  He's not the player he once was, but he should be able to give us a solid 15ish MPG.

Agreed. Maybe Williams can develop with the few minutes he gets. I'm sort of over Zu.  Really though we need to tighten up our switches. I've also seen us get caught watching too many times.And I know LeBron is LeBron but it wouldn't hurt to lead by example and play a bit tougher D.

We need more shooters too, but we all knew that going into the season

The media makes it out like Luke's seat is on fire. You guys think its actually hot or no? And do you think it should be. I'm not gonna trip until later in the year unless things get way worse.

13 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

The media makes it out like Luke's seat is on fire. You guys think its actually hot or no? And do you think it should be. I'm not gonna trip until later in the year unless things get way worse.

No.  Ask me again when the season ends, and you'll probably have a different discussion.  Right now, we're 4-6 and in our losses we've lost by an average of 7 points.  The only game where I feel like the Lakers were clearly outclassed was their most recent matchup against Toronto.  Losing 14 without Kawhi playing is inexcusalbe.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  Ask me again when the season ends, and you'll probably have a different discussion.  Right now, we're 4-6 and in our losses we've lost by an average of 7 points.  The only game where I feel like the Lakers were clearly outclassed was their most recent matchup against Toronto.  Losing 14 without Kawhi playing is inexcusalbe.

I feel the same. Lots of new moving parts means it will take time to sort out the lineups and for the lineups to gain chemistry. Further, the roster, while not terrible, is flawed.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I feel the same. Lots of new moving parts means it will take time to sort out the lineups and for the lineups to gain chemistry. Further, the roster, while not terrible, is flawed.

It needs shooting in the worst way.  Right now, we're 21st in 3P% and 22nd in 3PA.  Add on we're 22nd in opponents FG% and we're not a good team right now.  If we can get a bit better offensively, and defensively this team is probably 7-3 instead of 4-6.  I think those improvements can come internally.  As much as I hate the idea of Brandon Ingram coming off the bench, I'd like to explore a Ball/Hart/LeBron/Kuzma/McGee starting lineup.  Bring Rondo and Ingram off the bench.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It needs shooting in the worst way.  Right now, we're 21st in 3P% and 22nd in 3PA.  Add on we're 22nd in opponents FG% and we're not a good team right now.  If we can get a bit better offensively, and defensively this team is probably 7-3 instead of 4-6.  I think those improvements can come internally.  As much as I hate the idea of Brandon Ingram coming off the bench, I'd like to explore a Ball/Hart/LeBron/Kuzma/McGee starting lineup.  Bring Rondo and Ingram off the bench.

Completely agree on the shooting. I think Ingram would have more room to facilitate off the bench too. Our roster is just an awkward fit. If KCP was actually a good 3 & D guy again, it would be a tremendous help.Would be great if we could dish Beasley for a shooter somehow but I'm not holding my breath. WTF happened with Svi?