Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Haven’t  really paid attention to his career much after being drafted high. Worth anything at this point?

He can still get buckets. Solid rebounder. Not good at anything else. He is a mismatch as a PF on offense...and defense.

Most volatile locker room in the league? Luke Walton has his work cut out for him.

Lots of personality. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I do like the additions dont get me wrong. Lebron has multiple guys that can create their own shot now. 

Edited by Chiefer

“I asked them, ‘Well what were you asking for?’ and they said, ‘Well we wanted one of Ingram, Ball, Hart, at a minimum Kuzma, and we wanted another first-round pick, or give us two kids and no pick, or two first-round picks.’ But the two first-round picks, that was a little less desirable for those teams because those are going to be late-20s picks, just any team with LeBron that’s where you’re gonna be. So it really turned into, you’re giving up at least one of the kids plus a first-round pick or two of the kids and that was just to get off Deng’s money.”

Saw this earlier today.  No wonder Luol Deng hasn't been dealt.  Teams are being wildly unrealistic with their demands.

Rajon Rondo on playing with LeBron James - "Iron sharpens iron"

I know 'basketball wise' Rondo doesn't fit with LeBron all that well because he's not that great of a shooter, but man, when the stage is big and the lights are the brightest Rajon Rondo is one of the guys you want standing next to you.

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 12:00 PM, showtime said:

Rajon Rondo on playing with LeBron James - "Iron sharpens iron"

I know 'basketball wise' Rondo doesn't fit with LeBron all that well because he's not that great of a shooter, but man, when the stage is big and the lights are the brightest Rajon Rondo is one of the guys you want standing next to you.

He wont be making JR Smith mistakes thats for sure. Rondo will most likely run with the 2nd team when LeBron rests

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hey @CWood21 - is this the guy that lite it up in the Summer League?  I think so. Looks like he might be getting off to a good start.

Yeah.  He was one of the best players in the Summer League.  He's going to end up earning that SG spot next to LeBron sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Svi really needs to get into the rotation. Would immediately be the best pure shooter on the team. Start out with 12-15min and see how he progresses. Take minutes from Lance and KCP. Also, Hart needs to start.

I'd imagine as the season wears on, he'll get more burn.  But I think Svi was rather raw in preseason.