Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is both IT and Lopez are going to want long-term contracts, which isn't what the Lakers are going to want to tie their cap space up.  I think they're going to do an all-out press on Paul George this offseason, and if they secure him it comes down to whether or not they can land LeBron as well.

Hope you guys don't go for Lebron or he goes somewhere else as he'll probably leave in a year or 2 anyways. I'd build around George, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Randle. Then surround your team with very solid role players with the cap space you would use on Lebron. Ingram/George would be your go to scorers when you need a bucket and the other pieces would play a very strong complimentary role. Think Raptors but out West or Spurs when they are healthy.

You guys currently stand 31-37 and if George was added to the roster along with a healthy Ingram I think you guys would be in the mix with Portland for the #3 seed. With a better supporting cast and a healthy Ingram/George I think you guys could be in the 50-57 win range. I really like Walton as your coach too and I see Ball/Kuzma/Ingram doing nothing but improving. Magic is doing a great job so far imo.

On 3/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, dtait93 said:

Hope you guys don't go for Lebron or he goes somewhere else as he'll probably leave in a year or 2 anyways. I'd build around George, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Randle. Then surround your team with very solid role players with the cap space you would use on Lebron. Ingram/George would be your go to scorers when you need a bucket and the other pieces would play a very strong complimentary role. Think Raptors but out West or Spurs when they are healthy.

You guys currently stand 31-37 and if George was added to the roster along with a healthy Ingram I think you guys would be in the mix with Portland for the #3 seed. With a better supporting cast and a healthy Ingram/George I think you guys could be in the 50-57 win range. I really like Walton as your coach too and I see Ball/Kuzma/Ingram doing nothing but improving. Magic is doing a great job so far imo.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings with LeBron.  Of course he's the best player in the game, but he's already 33 years old and he's going to want more win-now moves, which means he probably has no desire to keep Ingram or Kuzma around.  The addition of Paul George this offseason is going to be huge, one way or the other.  I think the ideal situation would be to acquire George this offseason, and then punt their cap space to next offseason and hope they can swing someone like Kawhi Leonard or Klay Thompson to add to the mix.  Ball/George/Leonard/Ingram/Randle would be a pretty good lineup.

Right now, we're 31-38 which is right around where I anticipated the Lakers being.  I anticipated about 35 wins, so they met my expectations this year.  We've seen tremendous growth out of Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle is playing the best and most consistent ball of his career, and Lonzo Ball's shot will fall eventually.  Add in the rookie play from Kyle Kuzma and the future is bright for the Lakers.

Pick watch (as we thought it was over)...

Our current pick is slotted to be 12th pending ping pong balls.  We're a game and a half ahead of Charlotte, which currently holds the 10th pick.  New York is currently slotted to be 9th is 6.5 GB.  With 13 games remaining, we're realistically not going to fall more than to the 10th spot.  Right now, Denver currently hold the 11th spot and 6.5 games ahead of us, so realistically our pick will fall in the 10-12 range.

As for the Cleveland pick, it currently sits at 24.  Right now, there are 8 teams within 2 games of the Cavaliers so their pick could fall anywhere between 15-27.  We probably won't have a better idea of where this pick falls until closer to the end of the season.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I have mixed feelings with LeBron.  Of course he's the best player in the game, but he's already 33 years old and he's going to want more win-now moves, which means he probably has no desire to keep Ingram or Kuzma around.  The addition of Paul George this offseason is going to be huge, one way or the other.  I think the ideal situation would be to acquire George this offseason, and then punt their cap space to next offseason and hope they can swing someone like Kawhi Leonard or Klay Thompson to add to the mix.  Ball/George/Leonard/Ingram/Randle would be a pretty good lineup.

Right now, we're 31-38 which is right around where I anticipated the Lakers being.  I anticipated about 35 wins, so they met my expectations this year.  We've seen tremendous growth out of Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle is playing the best and most consistent ball of his career, and Lonzo Ball's shot will fall eventually.  Add in the rookie play from Kyle Kuzma and the future is bright for the Lakers.

I see it similarly.  Don't forget Hart either.

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2018 at 8:06 AM, chiefs82 said:

Report are that Kawhi and LAL have mutual interest and could trade for him

It'd be interesting to see what the Lakers would be willing to give up.  I'd imagine the Spurs would want Ingram AND Kuzma at a bare minimum.

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2018 at 8:45 AM, CWood21 said:

It'd be interesting to see what the Lakers would be willing to give up.  I'd imagine the Spurs would want Ingram AND Kuzma at a bare minimum.

That's a no from me then.  Need to keep one of them.  Fair for them to ask but we don't know if Kawhi is healthy.  And he doesn't appear the most loyal at the moment either. We could just wait and pick him up next year lol

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Disappointing that Paul George opted for more money, but glad to have LeBron in the fold.

Yeah I wanted to not sign LBJ and pick up PG13.  He's going to waste his career in OKC but its his to waste. King James is a damn good consolation prize though. Think we keep Randle now?

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Resigning KCP is pretty blah. 

Yeah I dont like it. Maybe it was Bron-related with the Klutch thing.  Also not stoked on Stephenson but I laughed pretty hard since we got Bron too lol

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

That's a no from me then.  Need to keep one of them.  Fair for them to ask but we don't know if Kawhi is healthy.  And he doesn't appear the most loyal at the moment either. We could just wait and pick him up next year lol

Yeah I wanted to not sign LBJ and pick up PG13.  He's going to waste his career in OKC but its his to waste. King James is a damn good consolation prize though. Think we keep Randle now?

Yeah I dont like it. Maybe it was Bron-related with the Klutch thing.  Also not stoked on Stephenson but I laughed pretty hard since we got Bron too lol

Congrats on getting Bron. This is gonna hurt for a while, but will be fun to see him play in LA. As far as KCP goes, It's not a flash signing, but you get a guy who can score and only commit thim for one year, that's huge. Just buying time until Kawhi becomes a free agent next year. My question is what is Lonzo worth in a trade? 

15 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Congrats on getting Bron. This is gonna hurt for a while, but will be fun to see him play in LA. As far as KCP goes, It's not a flash signing, but you get a guy who can score and only commit thim for one year, that's huge. Just buying time until Kawhi becomes a free agent next year. My question is what is Lonzo worth in a trade? 

Thanks for being cool unlike other people.

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Thanks for being cool unlike other people.

I vividly remember 2010, watching "The Decision" unfold. I was as numb today as I was then. I remember a few minutes after he made the announcement known, i was thinking to myself "well, I guess I'm a Heat fan now", but thankfully that never happened. Sadly, I spent the first couple of years that LeBron was a member of the Heat rooting for him to fail, Complaining about the same things he does as a player that I always defended when he did as a Cavalier, and I missed out on truly appreciating how incredible he is, both as a basketball player, and a person. Something else that happened when LeBron left was that we made the best decision for our future, and we built for the future. It certainly took a lot of luck (thank you Clips for gifting us Kyrie), but had LeBron never left back then, we never get the opportunity to assemble the team that won our city's first major championship in 52 years. This time around our basketball team isn't nearly as bad as it was the first time he left, I just hope we make the right decisions to get prepared for the future and don't pull a Pat Riley and fight our way into an 8 seed by overpaying more guys trying anything to crack the playoffs. I still think that LeBron wants to retire as a Cavalier, and, with his option in the 4th year, if we do things the right way for these next few, long seasons, it could potentially leave an opening for him to come back to finish his career in Cleveland. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm also not going to hold a grudge this time around. I will enjoy watching him play, and I have a feeling the Lakers will be a team that I silently root for in any contest except for Cavaliers matchups.  As karma would have it, in 2010 when "I'm coming home" was announced, I was vacationing at the same place that I was today when the announcement was made. I partially blame myself. What Cavs fan would choose "California Dreaming" as their restaurant of choice during such a pivotal free agency period with the LA Lakers looming to sign LeBron? 

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Resigning KCP is pretty blah. 

Honestly, the plan was always to kick the cap space over to next offseason if they couldn't land Paul George AND LeBron James.  He's a 3&D SG and should pair well with Josh Hart.  After all the signings, we're looking at:

PG: Lonzo Ball / Lance Stephenson / Alex Caruso
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Josh Hart
SF: Brandon Ingram
PF: LeBron James / Kyle Kuzma
C: (Julius Randle) / JaVale McGee / Mo Wagner / Ivica Zubac

That's enough to be a playoff team.