Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not sold on Lonzo as well - for a #2 pick, he seems to have more question marks than usual - but as for that shot...........

Jamaal Wilkes certainly had an odd shot. It was far from conventional and he made a bunch of them. So if it works - it works. Practice makes perfect.

IF he can become even a halfway decent shooter, I'm not concerned about the fit.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

LaRondo?  I'm assuming that's a Rondo/Lonzo mixed together?  And can't combine a player whose been S&Ted with other players.

Lonzo.   I'm just comparing him to Rondo. Oh right, I forgot.  I'm still not great with FA/Cap NBA rules because I'm relatively new to being more than a casual fan. Either way, they get around that with multiple trades usually, no?

Just now, Silver&Black88 said:

Lonzo.   I'm just comparing him to Rondo. Oh right, I forgot.  I'm still not great with FA/Cap NBA rules because I'm relatively new to being more than a casual fan. Either way, they get around that with multiple trades usually, no?

In theory they could, it's just more complicated.  Randle would have been S&Ted at a contract close to what Kawhi is making, and then send Ingram in a second simultaneous deal. Either way, I don't think the Lakers have any desire to send Ingram in a Kawhi deal.  Especially if the Spurs refuse to take on Luol Deng.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

In theory they could, it's just more complicated.  Randle would have been S&Ted at a contract close to what Kawhi is making, and then send Ingram in a second simultaneous deal. Either way, I don't think the Lakers have any desire to send Ingram in a Kawhi deal.  Especially if the Spurs refuse to take on Luol Deng.

Would you rather give up Kuzma or Ingram? BI has the higher ceiling but Kuzma is likelier to reach his imo.  Gun to my head, I'd trade Ingram of the 2. He'll fetch more and is less of a gamble in my eyes. Love his improvement though and am fine with keeping him. Also fine with waiting the Spurs out.

Randle S&T could have worked with other teams too.  Not a fan of letting him walk for nothing.

Also is it possible we actually let Deng suit up at this point? We seem to be favoring vets and if he's valuable MAYBE we can unload him at the deadline.  Of course, this runs the risk of injury but tbh, unless something new develops I think we're stuck with him for the rest of his contract barring a stretch.

6 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Would you rather give up Kuzma or Ingram? BI has the higher ceiling but Kuzma is likelier to reach his imo.  Gun to my head, I'd trade Ingram of the 2. He'll fetch more and is less of a gamble in my eyes. Love his improvement though and am fine with keeping him. Also fine with waiting the Spurs out.

Randle S&T could have worked with other teams too.  Not a fan of letting him walk for nothing.

Also is it possible we actually let Deng suit up at this point? We seem to be favoring vets and if he's valuable MAYBE we can unload him at the deadline.  Of course, this runs the risk of injury but tbh, unless something new develops I think we're stuck with him for the rest of his contract barring a stretch.

I'm not real fond of giving up either one.  Count me as one of those who will take the gamble that he'd sign elsewhere, but if push came to shove I'd probably be more willing to give up Kyle Kuzma but I think Brandon Ingram has exponentially more upside than Kuzma.  Not sure Kuzma really offers anything more than a stretch 4.

Don't think we were going to find much traction in a S&T for Randle.  We saw how bad the market was for him.  He ended up signing a 1+1 deal for the MLE, so he could try again in FA next offseason. Don't think we see Deng play.

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If San Antonio brings their asking price down, I could see it happening.

Maybe around the traded deadline if they cant salvage the relationship

6 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not sold on Lonzo as well - for a #2 pick, he seems to have more question marks than usual - but as for that shot...........

Jamaal Wilkes certainly had an odd shot. It was far from conventional and he made a bunch of them. So if it works - it works. Practice makes perfect.

Very true but does Lonzo got that dedication? Or is he too busy making Season 8 of Ball in the Family

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not real fond of giving up either one.  Count me as one of those who will take the gamble that he'd sign elsewhere, but if push came to shove I'd probably be more willing to give up Kyle Kuzma but I think Brandon Ingram has exponentially more upside than Kuzma.  Not sure Kuzma really offers anything more than a stretch 4.

Don't think we were going to find much traction in a S&T for Randle.  We saw how bad the market was for him.  He ended up signing a 1+1 deal for the MLE, so he could try again in FA next offseason. Don't think we see Deng play.

Dont look down on the Kuz hes got the work ethic to be an All-Star i think.

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Maybe around the traded deadline if they cant salvage the relationship

Very true but does Lonzo got that dedication? Or is he too busy making Season 8 of Ball in the Family

If he doesnt - he'll disappoint Daddy - cause his minutes will get scaled back - Daddy will ***** one too many times - and Lonzo's gonna be gonzo somewhere else.

It is what it is. The LAL arent gonna mess around with the Baller Brand. Daddy cant change that. Only Lonzo can.

Add on: If it turns out Daddy was screwing with the LAL ability to move Lonzo by talking up rumors about the kids knee.......................

Edited by Leader

What would you Lakers fans think of a trade that would net you TJ Warren (scored 19 a game last year with Phoenix) and Kyle Korver, plus you drop the ugly Luol Deng contact, 18 mil, if it only cost you Josh Hart?

Or, lose TJ Warren, and make it Korver and Jared Dudley?

Edited by Fatgerman

16 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

What would you Lakers fans think of a trade that would net you TJ Warren (scored 19 a game last year with Phoenix) and Kyle Korver, plus you drop the ugly Luol Deng contact, 18 mil, if it only cost you Josh Hart?

Or, lose TJ Warren, and make it Korver and Jared Dudley?

That'd be tempting.  Warren/Korver probably makes the Lakers more competitive, but a year from now they can probably move him considerably closer.  The more Josh Hart plays, the closer he gets to the "untouchable" status.