Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers sources said the deal was done a few days ago and he was just ironing out the details. They also reported that the Clippers were out. Hell even @CWood21 said Kawhi couldn't have changed his mind from last summer and there was a 5% chance he was signing with the Clippers. 

As you CONVENIENTLY ignored yesterday, does Kawhi sign with the Clippers without Paul George?

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers fans were convinced that RDA was Jeanie Buss's nephew and that Kawhi to the Lakers was a done deal. They thought random reddit users had more info than Woj... 

Where was Woj ahead of time of the Paul George trade?  Nowhere to be found.

13 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

damn

He also asked the Lakers to delay the AD trade in order to give the Clippers more time to acquire PG13. Fun guy played the Lakers. His camp should've told them he was focused on the Clippers so the Lakers could've used that max slot on another player.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

As you CONVENIENTLY ignored yesterday, does Kawhi sign with the Clippers without Paul George?

Kawhi was always focused on the Clippers based on the information that has leaked out. His camp was using the Lakers interest/potential dynasty as leverage to force the Clippers to make a move for PG13. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi was always focused on the Clippers based on the information that has leaked out. His camp was using the Lakers interest/potential dynasty as leverage to force the Clippers to make a move for PG13. 

Answer the question.  Does Kawhi go to the Clippers without Paul George, yes or no?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Answer the question.  Does Kawhi go to the Clippers without Paul George, yes or no?

Probably not. But his focus was always going to the Clippers with another max player which is why he called Durant and asked him about potentially coming to LA with him. His camp literally used the Lakers as leverage to force the Clippers hand to go get PG13. PG himself said that Kawhi is one hell of a recruiter and that's why he demanded a trade to the LAC. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He also asked the Lakers to delay the AD trade in order to give the Clippers more time to acquire PG13. Fun guy played the Lakers. His camp should've told them he was focused on the Clippers so the Lakers could've used that max slot on another player.

So that pretty much tells you that unless the Clippers got Paul George, he was headed to the Lakers.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Probably not. But his focus was always going to the Clippers with another max player which is why he called Durant and asked him about potentially coming to LA with him. His camp literally used the Lakers as leverage to force the Clippers hand to go get PG13. PG himself said that Kawhi is one hell of a recruiter and that's why he demanded a trade to the LAC. 

My point exactly.  Paul George was literally the catalyst to getting Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers.  So my question question is this, did you have any reason to believe that Paul George was even available let alone going to be traded?

Just now, CWood21 said:

So that pretty much tells you that unless the Clippers got Paul George, he was headed to the Lakers.

Kawhi's main focus entering free agency wasn't joining the Lakers though it was recruiting another player to join him with the Clippers. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

My point exactly.  Paul George was literally the catalyst to getting Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers.  So my question question is this, did you have any reason to believe that Paul George was even available let alone going to be traded?

Kawhi did which is why he asked the Lakers to move their meeting so he could have a face to face meeting with PG and recruit him to the Clippers. 

I don't think it's fair to say that Kawhi Leonard was 'playing' the Lakers.  He probably had the Lakers as a legit destination, if the Clippers were not able to trade for Paul George.  A lot of people were upset at Leonard for 'prolonging' his decision, but in reality, he was only waiting to see if the Clippers could get George.  If the Clippers were not able to get George, then Leonard going to the Lakers might have happened.  It just took days for all this to happen because Leonard made a request that nobody was ready for (acquire Paul George).

Kawhi's main focus entering free agency wasn't joining the Lakers though it was recruiting another player to join him with the Clippers. 

And he struck out with Kevin Durant, and there wasn't another FA who wanted to sign with them.  LIS, this was about Kawhi wanting to be the man in Los Angeles.  I can understand that.  I don't agree with that, but I understand it.

• Like 1

Kawhi did which is why he asked the Lakers to move their meeting so he could have a face to face meeting with PG and recruit him to the Clippers. 

He literally could have done that at any point in time prior to meeting with the Lakers.  He was looking for an excuse not to join the Lakers.  He found something.  Remember how "excited" Paul George was to stick with Westbrook?  But either way, you're dodging my question.  Did you have reason to believe he was available?