Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Should trade Kuzma. I feel like he's kind of redundant with AD. He won't be able to play with Lebron and AD on the court. Unless they plan on staggering his minutes so he spends very little time with both guys.

It's going to be damn near impossible to match salaries with Kuzma making so little, and they're not going to get a better producer than Kuzma.  He will fit in just fine with LeBron and Anthony Davis.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

PG: Rajon Rondo / Quinn Cook / Alex Caruso
SG: Danny Green / Avery Bradley / Troy Daniels / Zach Norvell (TW)
SF: LeBron James / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Talen Horton-Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis / Kyle Kuzma / Jared Dudley
C: DeMarcus Cousins / JaVale McGee

I can't decide which I'm looking forward to more: seeing which line-up we go with in crunch time against a team like the Sixers, or who we go with in crunch time against a team like the Warriors that'll try to play small-ball against us.

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's going to be damn near impossible to match salaries with Kuzma making so little, and they're not going to get a better producer than Kuzma.  He will fit in just fine with LeBron and Anthony Davis.

That’s true. I don’t think you can play him with Lebron and AD at all tbh but you’re right, no way you can move him for equal production.

Edited by MookieMonstah

PG:  LeBron James / Rajon Rondo /Quinn Cook / Alex Caruso

SG:  Avery Bradley / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Troy Daniels

SF:  Danny Green / Talen Horton-Tucker

PF:  Anthony Davis / Kyle Kuzma / Jared Dudley

C:  JaVale McGee / DeMarcus Cousins

I like this starting lineup and that bench.  When Cousins is fully ready, he would come off the bench but play starters minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

PG:  LeBron James / Rajon Rondo /Quinn Cook / Alex Caruso

SG:  Avery Bradley / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Troy Daniels

SF:  Danny Green / Talen Horton-Tucker

PF:  Anthony Davis / Kyle Kuzma / Jared Dudley

C:  JaVale McGee / DeMarcus Cousins

I like this starting lineup and that bench.  When Cousins is fully ready, he would come off the bench but play starters minutes.

Would Kuzma not play the 3 and start?

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Kuzma might start, but I don't think he should.  He should come off the bench.  Green is a MUCH better defender than Kuzma is and a better shooter.  One thing about Kuzma is that he really really needs to become a more consistent shooter this upcoming season.  If he doesn't, he'll find himself losing minutes.  Kuzma is going to get a crap ton of open looks when he plays with Cousins, Davis and LeBron.  All he needs to do is make shots.  He doesn't have to handle the ball, create offense for himself or others.  Just make open jumpers.

I like Kuz game simply because he can create his own offense. He is not a knockdown shooter in any capacity but he is someone who can run a set to give Bron a breather. I’d start Kuz depending on the match-up were facing. He is a wildcard and he is best suited for bench play.

PG: LeBron James
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kyle Kuzma
PF: Anthony Davis 
C: Demarcus Cousins

JaVale McGee
Avery Bradley
Quinn Cook
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Troy Daniels
Alex Caruso
Jared Dudley
Talen Horton-Tucker

That's night and day from last year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

That’s true. I don’t think you can play him with Lebron and AD at all tbh but you’re right, no way you can move him for equal production.

Why can't you play him with LeBron or Anthony Davis?  Let's not sit here and act like he's one of those players who needs the ball in their hands to be productive.  He was the only young guy that figured out how to play with LeBron from the beginning of last season, and he knows how to move without the ball.  Both Ingram and Ball needed the ball in their hands to be effective.

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I mean, you could but I think you're creating more issues that way.  And you're taking scoring away from the bench.  Defensively, I don't think Kyle Kuzma is going to be very good against true 3s.  He's more of a stretch 4 than a true 3 anyways, so he's going to struggle against legitimate 3s.  Putting Avery Bradley and Danny Green in the starting lineup puts shooters around LeBron and Anthony Davis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Kuzma might start, but I don't think he should.  He should come off the bench.  Green is a MUCH better defender than Kuzma is and a better shooter.  One thing about Kuzma is that he really really needs to become a more consistent shooter this upcoming season.  If he doesn't, he'll find himself losing minutes.  Kuzma is going to get a crap ton of open looks when he plays with Cousins, Davis and LeBron.  All he needs to do is make shots.  He doesn't have to handle the ball, create offense for himself or others.  Just make open jumpers.

Danny Green will for sure be starting.  We didn't pay him $15M/year for him to come off the bench.  He's in the starting lineup.  The question is are the Lakers better off with Avery Bradley in the starting lineup, or Kyle Kuzma?  I personally think they should start Bradley.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why can't you play him with LeBron or Anthony Davis?  Let's not sit here and act like he's one of those players who needs the ball in their hands to be productive.  He was the only young guy that figured out how to play with LeBron from the beginning of last season, and he knows how to move without the ball.  Both Ingram and Ball needed the ball in their hands to be effective.

He’s not a great shooter, he’s a poor defender. He’s redundant on the court with AD and Lebron, he’s a volume scorer and they don’t need that with those 2.