Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

SGA and 4 future late first round picks isn’t a huge risk IMO. And I’m not sure but they also didn’t have to rush into anything. They had him under contract for 2 more years and could’ve fielded offers for him all year.

Why are we operating under the assumption that the Clippers' picks will be late?  PG and Kawhi both have injury history, and after next year they won't be able to trade their FRP until 2028.  I believe they're effectively capped out until Paul George's contract expires.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why are we operating under the assumption that the Clippers' picks will be late?  PG and Kawhi both have injury history, and after next year they won't be able to trade their FRP until 2028.  I believe they're effectively capped out until Paul George's contract expires.

This. The picks especially in 24 and 26 could be sky high. SGA and a couple shots at the lottery is damn good imo.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Woj reported months ago that Kawhi was focused on the Clippers. The fact that he was putting the full court press on finding someone to come with him confirmed that. 

But again, even Woj suggested that had it not been for the Clippers getting Paul George it would have been the Lakers he would have signed with.  So it sounds like the order of preference was the Clippers with a co-star first, Lakers second, and then either the Clippers without a co-star or Toronto third and fourth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Clippers are going to be the best team in the league assuming they stay healthy. AD has an extensive injury history and LeBron showed signs of slowing down last year. I have more faith in Kawhi and PG to stay healthy than AD/LeBron.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nah that was the reality of the situation. I personally think it was always the Clippers or Raptors though. And definitely but there’s just a league wide hate for the Lakers. Even on here people are praising the move and saying it was a good haul if the Lakers gave up Kuzma and 4 1sts for him everyone would say it was the weakest move in NBA history. Lol

Glad you recognized that. Now you can join others NOT to promote ongoing smack.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Clippers are going to be the best team in the league assuming they stay healthy. AD has an extensive injury history and LeBron showed signs of slowing down last year. I have more faith in Kawhi and PG to stay healthy than AD/LeBron.

Kawhi Leonard as a 27 year old has played in 69 games over the last two years, and you're over here pounding the table 131 games over the past 2 years as a 25 year old.  Somehow Anthony Davis injury-prone, and not a comment about Kawhi.  Of course.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kawhi Leonard as a 27 year old has played in 69 games over the last two years, and you're over here pounding the table 131 games over the past 2 years as a 25 year old.  Somehow Anthony Davis injury-prone, and not a comment about Kawhi.  Of course.

Don’t you know, that only applies if they’re a Laker. Had he signed with the Lakers, it would’ve been “LeBron is old, AD and Kawhi are injury prone and the rest of the team sucks”. 8tH sEeD aT bEzT!!!

• Like 1

PG: Rajon Rondo / Quinn Cook / Alex Caruso
SG: Danny Green / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Troy Daniels
SF: LeBron James / Talen Horton-Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis / Kyle Kuzma / Jared Dudley
C: DeMarcus Cousins / JaVale McGee

Actually kinda like this roster.  Has the 3&D that we didn't have last year.  Some good offense off the bench in Kyle Kuzma.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

It obviously was. He could have went to championship teams with the Lakers or Raptors. So if they were his priority he would have just went to those teams.

If his priority was always the Clippers, wouldn't he have gone there without another star?  Same thing with Kevin Durant.  He probably preferred the Knicks, but he wasn't going there alone.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

SG: Danny Green / Avery Bradley / Troy Daniels / Zach Norvell (TW)
SF: LeBron James / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Talen Horton-Tucker

Probably need another wing.  I think they're going to be in the market for Kyle Korver when he gets bought out.  Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to convert THT to a 2-way contract, and that opens up another roster spot.  Could see them trying to get Andre Iguodala if he gets bought out, otherwise they'll probably leave a roster spot open.  Team looks deep with shooters and defenders.  If DMC offers anything, this team is going to be scary.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

SG: Danny Green / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Troy Daniels
SF: LeBron James / Talen Horton-Tucker

Actually kinda like this roster.  Has the 3&D that we didn't have last year.  Some good offense off the bench in Kyle Kuzma.

Should trade Kuzma. I feel like he's kind of redundant with AD. He won't be able to play with Lebron and AD on the court. Unless they plan on staggering his minutes so he spends very little time with both guys.

Bradley is a really good signing.  All he has to do is play elite on-ball defense and make open shots as a decent rate.  I'm really confident he'll be able to play really really good defense.  He'll get more wide open looks than he's probably ever gotten in his career... he just needs to make them.