Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

According to reports, Kawhi to the Lakers is pretty much done and he'll announce it tonight.  With how much NBA reporters and former players are saying about Kawhi to the Lakers, at this point I would be low key shocked if it doesn't happen.

Still reading that a 2yr deal with Toronto is a possibility. Not going to fist pump this one because anyone who thinks they have insight into Kawhi is wrong or lying. He hasnt tipped his hand about ANYTHING his entire career, I don't expect it to start now. Fingers crossed because if Kawhi goes to Toronto then Lakers will shift focus to Cousins and then I'll puke. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Still reading that a 2yr deal with Toronto is a possibility. Not going to fist pump this one because anyone who thinks they have insight into Kawhi is wrong or lying. He hasnt tipped his hand about ANYTHING his entire career, I don't expect it to start now. Fingers crossed because if Kawhi goes to Toronto then Lakers will shift focus to Cousins and then I'll puke. 

I've always said from the beginning, if I was Kawhi I would stay with Toronto.  I agree, though.  Nobody really knows what he's going to do because his agent is his uncle.... so they keep things really tight.  I was just basically saying that all these NBA media members and former players are putting themselves out there by saying Kawhi to the Lakers is essentially done.

Just now, showtime said:

I've always said from the beginning, if I was Kawhi I would stay with Toronto.  I agree, though.  Nobody really knows what he's going to do because his agent is his uncle.... so they keep things really tight.  I was just basically saying that all these NBA media members and former players are putting themselves out there by saying Kawhi to the Lakers is essentially done.

And  I agree with them....it should be done. The sooner the better :)

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I thought about you yesterday.  You were the only person on this board who was calling Kawhi to the Lakers the entire time. 

Ha! Means nothing. Just a bunch of "Want to happen" as opposed to "I've got a clue" :)

Pre his TOR days, I wanted Kawhi before Lebron - based on my eyeball of the talent and age - but it was a super complicated transaction that  SA had no interest making happen - so - oh well, it didnt happen. 

We get a second shot at him? Make it happen is all I can say!

According to the RDA guy, one of Kawhi's biggest concerns is load management.  I'm assuming that issue is being addressed by them having 3 superstars and tons of vets lined up to play with them.  He'd be able to take games off without much of a problem, I would guess.