Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

No more than $20 million for Russell or they'll regret it.

Ben Rosales (one of the smarter Lakers twitter ppl) been saying this same thing a lot

But, yeah we need some more flexibility if we go for Russell, so I'm with you guys on this.

I don't think D'Angelo's market is too crazy right now, so maybe there's a chance to get him for less.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ben Rosales (one of the smarter Lakers twitter ppl) been saying this same thing a lot

But, yeah we need some more flexibility if we go for Russell, so I'm with you guys on this.

I don't think D'Angelo's market is too crazy right now, so maybe there's a chance to get him for less.

I read something a few days back that the LAL had a 20M ceiling on D'Lo. How accurate that is......is anybodies guess.
If we get Kawhi - its "Nice to know you D'Lo" - but if not - at the right price and with some others around him, he'd be a nice fit going forward.
He's got a smooth game - can play the 1 or 2 - can create for himself or others and hit from the outside. In large part it will depend on who we'd be competing against and whether (say......) he'd rather go fishing on the many lakes of Minnesota (where everybody eventually wants out......) for a bit more salary that he could make up on the side in the LAL market.

Go for the rings early in your career D'Lo and the big money will be there for you later. We shall see.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

I read something a few days back that the LAL had a 20M ceiling on D'Lo. How accurate that is......is anybodies guess.

Hopefully its accurate lol.... Lakers being smart/calculated would be a nice change of pace.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

If we get Kawhi - its "Nice to know you D'Lo" - but if not - at the right price and with some others around him, he'd be a nice fit going forward.

Agreed.

If the Lakers do get Kawhi what happens with Russell? Who is paying him and for how much? 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hopefully its accurate lol.... Lakers being smart/calculated would be a nice change of pace.

Agreed.

If the Lakers do get Kawhi what happens with Russell? Who is paying him and for how much? 

Timberwolves, Suns

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agree. They've got the opportunity to set themselves up nicely......if they do it right.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've no clue. The only team other than the Nets (that I've heard about....) is the Timberwolves - who is everybodys way station to someplace else in life. They're not a destination team - unless you're into mediocrity and ice fishing.

6 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

I'm so pumped for FA. I love any sports FA lol so much chaos. 

lol word... the memes gonna be hilarious if we somehow can get Kawhi to join.

Lakers fans on Twitter got all of the receipts to pull if it happen.... especially on Woj

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol word... the memes gonna be hilarious if we somehow can get Kawhi to join.

You can put me in the "I'll be pleasantly surprised" category if we get Kawhi. We shall see. Wont be long now.

I've never wanted Kyrie. I think the guy's bipolar (or suffers from depression). He acts like it at least. Talented as hell on the Bball court - that much is clear - but his head's not wired right and he's joyless which is hard to be around long term.

Honestly, I think Russell is a better fit with LeBron and Davis than Kyrie Irving is.  Irving is the better player for sure, but Russell is more than likely a better fit to be a third option than Irving ever would be.  Russell is a pretty decent shooter (numbers should improve with the Lakers) and has always been a really gifted passer.  He also just turned 23 years old.

I'm a huge Russell fan, always have been.  I would have taken him #1 overall in the draft.  He was my favorite prospect that year.

• Like 3

P

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

You can put me in the "I'll be pleasantly surprised" category if we get Kawhi. We shall see. Wont be long now.

I've never wanted Kyrie. I think the guy's bipolar (or suffers from depression). He acts like it at least. Talented as hell on the Bball court - that much is clear - but his head's not wired right and he's joyless which is hard to be around long term.

In his defense, he lived in Cleveland and Boston. Id be unhappy also lol. L.A. could hopefully change his dimeanor

"I’m told that the Lakers have also reached out to free agent Jimmy Butler, sources say. The Lakers remain focused on pairing James and Davis w/ a 3rd star. LAL does not intend to split remaining salary cap into several players. They want a max caliber player."