Raiders @ Green Bay "Tighten Things Up Bowl"

Leader

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

They used to have CFL exhibition games in the states...

The NFL talks about growing the game internationally, but I wonder how hard they are trying for the Canadian market ?
Is there a quid pro quo agreement between the leagues for the NFL not to go hard after Canadia ?
Sending them a crappy preseason game fits that narrative, although the London regular season match-ups haven't been much better

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The whole international thing is lip service anyway. NFL Europe didn't work, and trips to either coast are already a proven disadvantage. A whole lot of work by someone to try to sell a few more caps and jerseys

NFLE isn't a good example anymore. NFL ratings abroad dwarf what they were then as far as I've been told. It wasn't like that was 5 years ago anymore

23 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The NFL talks about growing the game internationally, but I wonder how hard they are trying for the Canadian market ?
Is there a quid pro quo agreement between the leagues for the NFL not to go hard after Canadia ?
Sending them a crappy preseason game fits that narrative, although the London regular season match-ups haven't been much better

I think it has to do with the fact that less groundwork is needed in Canada. Around 20% of Canadians report being NFL Fans. 

Compared to 12% in the UK. Mexico is around 18% but with a population of almost 130 million - it seems like Mexico should be the NFL's focus. 

21 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

They do. And it isn't only Europe, some of the biggest explosions have been in places like Brazil and Japan 

I know I've seen a guy online from Germany just talk about his experience and how crazy it's gotten from NFLE to now, he swears up and down and it would be amazing if they brought it back there anyways. Like it was just kind of a novelty then, but many people there are just as obsessed as Americans now. 

That's why I don't like using NFLE against what is going on now. It's not representative anymore.

Edit, which isn't to say I went teams outside of the USA and stuff like that, but I'm not as against it as most, but there's some pretty obvious reasons why it would be an issue

Edited by Norm