Roster cut downs

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Calling it now. Gruden keeps Peterman and cuts Glennon and I wouldn’t be mad about it. Peterman has grown on me. 

we are screwed regardless if Carr goes down, therefore I am game for it. 
Keep the cheaper of the 2. 
save a roster spot for someone like Doss, Rush or our cb whos name escapes me right now

• Like 1

lol... this is the problem with our social media society. We make up our minds on a guy like Peterman based on his career in Buffalo and the social media takedown of him. He's everyone running joke now.

Can a young player not improve with better coaching? Can he not get his confidence back and have a good career?

This is why I hate social media. We can't take what we see, which is him growing and improving. And taking to Gruden's love/hate coaching. We just write him off because he's a social media whipping boy. 

I'm rooting for him to rewrite his story. Kid was a 5th round pick, thrown into action on poor offensive team to soon. He was set up to fail.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

lol... this is the problem with our social media society. We make up our minds on a guy like Peterman based on his career in Buffalo and the social media takedown of him. He's everyone running joke now.

Can a young player not improve with better coaching? Can he not get his confidence back and have a good career?

This is why I hate social media. We can't take what we see, which is him growing and improving. And taking to Gruden's love/hate coaching. We just write him off because he's a social media whipping boy. 

I'm rooting for him to rewrite his story. Kid was a 5th round pick, thrown into action on poor offensive team to soon. He was set up to fail.

This is my thoughts as well. I think many people forgot that prior to his infamous game he was highly thought of in the league. Many teams loved him but then he went off the rails. But what’s in Peterman’s favor is that he’s going to be a backup, there is no pressure to start he just has to play well and grow. 

On another note, how do you guys think Gruden’s relationship with Carr is? He obviously loves Peterman, but he doesn’t seem to have that same feeling towards Carr. Personally i don’t think it matters because he obviously wants Carr to be the starter, especially with what he did keeping him out of the game last week. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wait so if you think Peterman sucks, its cause of social media. Let's stop blaming social media for every opinion we dont agree with. Its plenty of posts I can point to that you made up your mind on a player in year 1 or 2. 

It really dont matter. He keeping all 3. But glennon has done enough to win the backup job. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Lol he was a 5th round pick for a reason we not talking about some top talent needing a change of scenery all he can do is make plays with his feet he's not an NFL passer and still hasn't been all that great against backups.

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Wait so if you think Peterman sucks, its cause of social media. Let's stop blaming social media for every opinion we dont agree with. Its plenty of posts I can point to that you made up your mind on a player in year 1 or 2. 

It really dont matter. He keeping all 3. But glennon has done enough to win the backup job. 

Peterman played in a small market. 95% of what people know about him social media and him being the but everyones jokes. 

I often make up my mind on a player year 1 or 2, because I've watched a lot of them. 

I in no way am advocating for Peterman making the 53. Just using it as an example. I guarantee most the people posting about him here and taking their shots never saw an actual snap of his in Buffalo. Just going of his 5 INT game against SD.

2 more topical examples.... the Vanderdoes supposed eye roll and Ateman's interaction with Carr. Social Media immediately wrote them off over mere seconds of exposure on a reality show. It's just ridiculous.