Why?!

Tomahawk

Don't scare me like that, homie. I saw the thread title and was afraid we suffered a massive injury in practice or something.

But to get on topic - apparently Prospect X has been playing VERY well over the past few weeks. He's actually the Browns 2nd highest graded offensive linemen in the preasons (behind Bitonio) according to PFF. Now we know the other starters have been playing against starters... but that's still very promising for our rookie. Where Corbett lacks in strength, Forbes more than makes up for. I give Campen some credit for his progression.

Edit: I'm not opposed to a trade, but I imagine we'll probably cut dudes like Kalis and sign someone that gets cut from another roster to keep promoting competition.

Edited by Vee-Rex

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

3 new pieces on the OL this late in the process?

Well.....when the 3 current pieces are terrible, yes. lol

9 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think we're rolling with what we got for at least the first couple weeks. If its not gelling then we make a move. No chance anybody isn't playing a position they've already been working at. Robinson is the LT or nothing. Hubbard is the RT or nothing. 

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

hes never played on the right side

Robinson has played RT for the Rams. 

Hubbard has played all 5 positions on the line.  

13 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Well.....when the 3 current pieces are terrible, yes. lol

Robinson has played RT for the Rams. 

Hubbard has played all 5 positions on the line.  

Love it when my boss tells me to stop teaching English and teach math instead because I learned it once. This ain't it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

If we fix the LT, the entire left side to center is good.  You can swing Robinson over to RT and bring Hubbard into right guard where he belongs. 

You can’t just swap Greg. If he can’t make it on the left, he won’t make it on the right. Not wasting time on him trying to completely learn a new positions he has never played. Better just cutting him and bring a new guy in

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I am 99% certain that he has never played on the right side

My bad.  The Rams had him in training camp playing RT prior to trading him to the Lions.  So you are correct, he has never played RT.  However that was where he was supposed to be brought in for originally as a back up to our RT.   His speed is why he sucks at LT and the transition to RT would be easy.

Though I agree, if we traded for someone, we'd likely cut him to save cap space only $500,000 I think is guaranteed of his 9 mill or whatever it is.