The Next Gronk?

Humble_Beast

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Goedert, when he gets his chance he’ll win fantasy championships. 

He is on my dynasty team, so I hope you are right. But I am more inclined to believe that Goedart will be a high upside streamer and will make Ertz fall out of that top 3 TE conversation

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I didn’t draft a te high and settled for Henry. Have TJ as a stash, took a late round flier

I have a lot of Shares of Henry this year, and a decent amount of OJ Howard. Those are two of my favorite value tight ends this year. 

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He is on my dynasty team, so I hope you are right. But I am more inclined to believe that Goedart will be a high upside streamer and will make Ertz fall out of that top 3 TE conversation

I want to have Ertz in my top two but in recent weeks I’ve changed my tune. I still think he is top 3 (he can drop off and still put up great numbers. But I believe in Goedert. I’m not sure he is worse than Ertz right now. I think this will be a Gronkowski/Hernandez situation with both posting top 10 if not top 5 numbers. I know they have a lot of other targets...but I think that their TEs are their best receivers. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

8 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Is there a consensus that Hockensonn is better than Fant?

Pretty much. I think he’s better. But I like that Flacco is throwing to Fant more than Stafford is throwing to Hockensonn. He has a much better history. I can’t help but think of Ebron bombing with Stafford. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Pretty much. I think he’s better. But I like that Flacco is throwing to Fant more than Stafford is throwing to Hockensonn. He has a much better history. I can’t help but think of Ebron bombing with Stafford. 

Yeah, if Fant is starting in Denver, he becomes pretty enticing given Flacco's predilection to throwing to tight ends. That being said, rarely would I entrust my starting TE position to a rookie in fantasy, and I never draft a backup TE. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anyone have Gronk vibes with TJ Hockensonn? He’s been the star of camp, drafted top 10 TES never drafted that high, big like Gronk, produced week 3, vet qb who can get him the ball, head coach former pat who was around Gronk.... thoughts? Is he this years Kittle?

Highly doubt. Don't trust Detroit at all to even use him correctly. Last I heard, he wouldn't even open up the year as the starter....

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, if Fant is starting in Denver, he becomes pretty enticing given Flacco's predilection to throwing to tight ends. That being said, rarely would I entrust my starting TE position to a rookie in fantasy, and I never draft a backup TE. 

I like Fant a lot but don't have any room on my bench. 

If Jordan Thomas ever puts it together in Houston, he has the physical abilities to be another Gronk and a system (since BOB thinks he's Belichick) to use him like that.  Maybe Kahale Warring manages to put some heat on Thomas to develop.

In terms of fantasy production, I'd say a sleeper pick for another Gronk/Kittle (tough to predict the later since Kittle is phenomenal at YAC and that's such a big part of his game) might be Darren Waller in Oakvegas.  Big-WR-to-TE convert and we saw Derek Carr's propensity for targeting the TE (we'll see how much AB throws a fit about his target-share if that happens) last season with a big boost to Jared Cook's productivity.

Otherwise, if he can stay healthy, the most legitimate skill set to skill set comp to Gronk, though he's already had a fantasy breakout of sorts (enough to merit Top 5 TE selection), is OJ Howard.