• Indy
    • Titans
    • Jags
    • Cheifs
    • Raiders
    • Denver
    • Chargers

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Despite Statistically QBs doing better year two?

I dunno man, I almost would say you might’ve come down with a case of the bias blues friend. We all get it some time or another.

But in a bit of a glass house with some of this

Statistically... Old man Rivers is more likely to start tapering off than a year 2 Patty.

and the Chiefs planned all offseason to address RB, whereas the Chargers got left high and dry.

Both added big pieces on Defense, though the Chargers likely won’t have Derwin until late October at this point.

the rest is subjective, so live your truth brotha

Id need to see that analysis of qbs doing better year 2? Maybe even get more granular with the data. Year 1 qbs who make the probowl year 1 how do they year 2.

Chargers #2 rb was highly rated all year by PFF and is a versatile back who was amongst the best in total yds per touch.

Chargers at 12-4 have continuity, no big coaching changes, no big scheme changes, or overhaul in personnel. The most balanced team by DVOA and yds and pts on both sides arguably held steady or got better. Continuity for good teams is big. Have alot of change for good teams, usually isnt.

The Derwin injury hurts. LAC is deep in secondary tho. But still Derwin is hard to replace. I dont think Gordon is dumb enough to miss substantial time in the season. He has to know he has no leverage. 

It is the Chargers so anything is possible. But my homie senses are telling me a mega team...

53 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Great Googly-Moogly!

Eh that's fine because it's a nickname at this point. It's when people put the "e" before the "i" that gets me. So many people do it. It literally irks me way more than "queefs", because that's at least intentional and inspired by hatred. I'm fine with hatred towards us, but ignorance... NOPE

If the Texans stay healthy that passing game is going to be sick.

If they get a bye the they could outscore anyone 2 or 3 times. (or B O B could screw up)

They paid way too much to get Tunsil but he is the biggest single upgrade anyone has made since 2018 ended.

Their O-line could get even better if Tytus Howard can contribute in December and the playoffs.

If those traded 1st round picks can wind up in the 29-32 range then I think they may even win that trade in the long run.

As an example, the Titans were 9-7 the last 2 years with a good (2017) and a very good ((2018) defense.

• Watson and co put up 91 on them in the last 2 meetings in Houston (57 and 34).
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

I read their over/under report on the NFC North yesterday. They are VERY sceptical of Chicago, and quite high on DET to have a good rebound year.

Chicago - under 9 wins

"Are you sure this isn't just the 2017-2018 Jaguars with a new paint job? Like really sure, empirically verified and everything? Star pass-rusher came over from a West division bottom-feeder and immediately made a solid defensive front into the best pass rush in the league? Check. Lead the league in turnovers? Check. Way healthier than average by adjusted games lost? You betcha. Creative, but still run-focused offense intent on limiting the young quarterback's opportunity to make mistakes? Check. Said highly drafted quarterback being athletically gifted and mobile, but erratic with accuracy and decisions? Yep. Allen Robinson as prospective No. 1 receiver? All checks out so far. That does not typically bode as well as most prognosticators seem to think it does."

"

Trubisky better make those strides, because I think the Bears defense will drop even more than traditional regression would indicate. Losing Vic Fangio and his flotilla of assistants hurts; Chuck Pagano walks into a room filled with talent, but when you change defensive philosophies, it takes time for everyone to get on the same page. That might be just six weeks or so, and the Bears will be back up near full strength by season's end, but it's a concern. The secondary is also a concern, with Adrian Amos and Bryce Callahan leaving. Trubisky and the offense are going to have to take another significant jump -- he's going to have to be more accurate and read defenses better, and a little bit of extra consistency would go a long way, too.

I do not, even in the best-case scenario, see the Bears matching their 12-4 record from a year ago. That's not to say the under is a foregone conclusion or anything, but I think Chicago fans are going to get a significant reality check. It will take a while -- the schedule starts out soft, and a 4-1 record at the bye isn't out of the question -- but the Saints-Chargers-Eagles run immediately after the bye will help sort the contenders from, well … Under. [9]"

Yeah, this was Andrew Potter who wrote this and I'm very surprised that a writer for FO with so much more resources than myself can come to the conclusion that the Bears are anything like the 2017 Jaguars. I already addressed this in another post earlier this week in the Bears forum so I'm not gonna repeat it again. But damn am I shocked. It's almost like he didn't do any research at all prior to writing this and just followed with what alot of doubters were saying on social media about the Bears.

Give me a sec and I'll find the post I made about it. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/20765-we-really-need-to-pin-this-one-til-january/?do=findComment&comment=2006178

Edited by JustAnotherFan

On 9/2/2019 at 10:31 AM, RedRams said:

NFC top 5

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Packers

4. Falcons

5. Bears

AFC top 5

1. Patriots

2. Chiefs

3. Steelers

4. Houston

5. Jets/Browns???

Man the AFC is bad. I can't see anyone other then the top 3 making it out of the AFC.

Jets over the Chargers? Really?

On 8/30/2019 at 10:43 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Id need to see that analysis of qbs doing better year 2? Maybe even get more granular with the data. Year 1 qbs who make the probowl year 1 how do they year 2.

In the last 20 years, rookie QBs who started at least 8 games had a passer rating of 75.6 (http://pfref.com/tiny/veT4A), while second-year QBs who started at least 8 games had a passer rating that was 10% higher, at 83.5 (http://pfref.com/tiny/awGJw).

However, that is just overall averages. Within that sample there are 32 QBs who started at least 8 games in both their rookie year and 2nd year, and 28 of them improved their passer rating. The only ones who got worse were Griffin, Prescott, Ryan and Bradford. The ones who improved the most were Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer, Carson Wentz and Jeff Garcia.

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah, this was Andrew Potter who wrote this and I'm very surprised that a writer for FO with so much more resources than myself can come to the conclusion that the Bears are anything like the 2017 Jaguars. I already addressed this in another post earlier this week in the Bears forum so I'm not gonna repeat it again. But damn am I shocked. It's almost like he didn't do any research at all prior to writing this and just followed with what alot of doubters were saying on social media about the Bears.

Give me a sec and I'll find the post I made about it. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/20765-we-really-need-to-pin-this-one-til-january/?do=findComment&comment=2006178

Great post. Mr Potter did not pay attention in class, and has been quite lazy with his write-up then. Have you contacted him with that info?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Great post. Mr Potter did not pay attention in class, and has been quite lazy with his write-up then. Have you contacted him with that info?

I've posted similar things like this about it all summer but never got into as much detail. So, no I didnt contact him and I have no intend to. It's his opinion and I see this type of stuff all the time. I just don't have the energy or time anymore to correct it. I just posted that this week when I was reading thru the thread after being away from the forum for months.