• Indy
    • Titans
    • Jags
    • Cheifs
    • Raiders
    • Denver
    • Chargers

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

who knows. One thing I know for sure is that the Patriots will be better than last year. Will it result in being AFC champions? We will see but the offense will average 27-30 as always and the defense could be the top scoring defense in the league. Of course they are other quality ball clubs so nothing is certain.

I dont doubt pats until they die and their tombstone is finalized. However, KC will be watching playoffs from home. It was written, so it shall come to pass.

From Football Outsiders as of 8/26
sorry about the crappy formatting

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Odds to Win Super Bowl LIV
1 NO 13.5%         6 KC 6.7%         11 TEN 3.1%
2 NE 11.8%      7 PHI 4.7%    12 BAL 2.7%
3   LAC 9.4%     8 DAL 3.6%   13 HOU 2.6%
4 LAR 7.6%    9 GB 3.4%   14 DET 2.5%
5 PIT 7.1%     10   SEA 3.2%   15 CAR 2.2%

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I read their over/under report on the NFC North yesterday. They are VERY sceptical of Chicago, and quite high on DET to have a good rebound year.

Chicago - under 9 wins

"Are you sure this isn't just the 2017-2018 Jaguars with a new paint job? Like really sure, empirically verified and everything? Star pass-rusher came over from a West division bottom-feeder and immediately made a solid defensive front into the best pass rush in the league? Check. Lead the league in turnovers? Check. Way healthier than average by adjusted games lost? You betcha. Creative, but still run-focused offense intent on limiting the young quarterback's opportunity to make mistakes? Check. Said highly drafted quarterback being athletically gifted and mobile, but erratic with accuracy and decisions? Yep. Allen Robinson as prospective No. 1 receiver? All checks out so far. That does not typically bode as well as most prognosticators seem to think it does."

"

Trubisky better make those strides, because I think the Bears defense will drop even more than traditional regression would indicate. Losing Vic Fangio and his flotilla of assistants hurts; Chuck Pagano walks into a room filled with talent, but when you change defensive philosophies, it takes time for everyone to get on the same page. That might be just six weeks or so, and the Bears will be back up near full strength by season's end, but it's a concern. The secondary is also a concern, with Adrian Amos and Bryce Callahan leaving. Trubisky and the offense are going to have to take another significant jump -- he's going to have to be more accurate and read defenses better, and a little bit of extra consistency would go a long way, too.

I do not, even in the best-case scenario, see the Bears matching their 12-4 record from a year ago. That's not to say the under is a foregone conclusion or anything, but I think Chicago fans are going to get a significant reality check. It will take a while -- the schedule starts out soft, and a 4-1 record at the bye isn't out of the question -- but the Saints-Chargers-Eagles run immediately after the bye will help sort the contenders from, well … Under. [9]"

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

This looks more realistic. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

What’s the cliff notes?

Defense improved

Offense is surprisingly stagnant and lethargic, baaaad.

Drop head scratcher games

Sophomore slump for qb

Small fast skill players proves to be a thing of the past in the NFL and unsustainable 

Kelce shows attrition

No star in backfield comes back to bite them

Reid questioned in ability to reinvent

The Chiefs and Mahomes hype train derailed emphatically by week 12

Chargers just look head and shoulders the best team in the league let alone division

I frolic around here like a newly crowned prophet and garner all the praise. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you not think the absence of Chicago is a bit off? They're saying Detroit, Tennessee and Carolina have a better chance of winning the superbowl. It's absolutely delicious O.o

🤣 to be honest i just scanned for if Chargers were above Chiefs and then gave it my stamp of approval. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Defense improved

Offense is surprisingly stagnant and lethargic, baaaad.

Drop head scratcher games

Sophomore slump for qb

Small fast skill players proves to be a thing of the past in the NFL and unsustainable 

Kelce shows attrition

No star in backfield comes back to bite them

Reid questioned in ability to reinvent

The Chiefs and Mahomes hype train derailed emphatically by week 12

Chargers just look head and shoulders the best team in the league let alone division

I frolic around here like a newly crowned prophet and garner all the praise. 

Despite Statistically QBs doing better year two?

I dunno man, I almost would say you might’ve come down with a case of the bias blues friend. We all get it some time or another.

But in a bit of a glass house with some of this

Statistically... Old man Rivers is more likely to start tapering off than a year 2 Patty.

and the Chiefs planned all offseason to address RB, whereas the Chargers got left high and dry.

Both added big pieces on Defense, though the Chargers likely won’t have Derwin until late October at this point.

the rest is subjective, so live your truth brotha

• Like 1

I went with the Cowboys & Chargers.  The NFC is pretty tough to call, and although I agree that the Patriots could very well get there again, I just think it's someone else's year and the Chargers have a great team.  The Cowboys have a great defense and a fairly easy schedule.  Dak might be able to do just enough to get the rest of his supporting cast to the big game.    I know they haven't had much playoff success for a while, but they are about as good as anyone else in the NFC.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1