The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

You give up a 1st for Adams and smile all the way to the Super Bowl. I'd love to get an interior run stuffer too, but if you can get Adams for a 1st you take it. 

BTW, what in the HELL are the Jets thinking trading away this kid anyway? He's in his 3rd year of essentially a 5 year rookie deal. And he's a fricking stud!   smh

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You give up a 1st for Adams and smile all the way to the Super Bowl. I'd love to get an interior run stuffer too, but if you can get Adams for a 1st you take it. 

BTW, what in the HELL are the Jets thinking trading away this kid anyway? He's in his 3rd year of essentially a 5 year rookie deal. And he's a fricking stud!   smh

It's GOTTA be more than a first. I don't think any rumors said one first, that's just what got started here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Under two hours left, and I'm pretty sure the folks at 1265 are standing pat with what we have.

A lot of these teams are just fishing.  Asking high prices hoping someone comes along and they can fleece em.  Rare much comes from the trade deadline but I am sure Gutenheimer is working it.  Wouldn't assume Gute is sitting on his hands.  He's shown a willingness to be aggressive.  He may strike out but I am sure he's trying to improve the roster.  Would love a slot WR who can also handle PR/KR duties.  DL and ILB would be the other areas that could use an infusion.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

A lot of these teams are just fishing.  Asking high prices hoping someone comes along and they can fleece em.  Rare much comes from the trade deadline but I am sure Gutenheimer is working it.  Wouldn't assume Gute is sitting on his hands.  He's shown a willingness to be aggressive.  He may strike out but I am sure he's trying to improve the roster.  Would love a slot WR who can also handle PR/KR duties.  DL and ILB would be the other areas that could use an infusion.

I'm sure Gute has made some calls and did his due-diligence with his staff on players that would make sense.  I've never gotten my hopes up about the trade deadline, but it's kinda fun to speculate and play the game as if you were the GM.  No hand-wringing from me if we're the same team 90 minutes from now, but I'll admit I was hoping for a little help at a few positions. 

7 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Just heard Dallas is offering a 2020 1st and 2nd.

Too steep for my blood.

That's a lot but not enough to get it done.  Heard they are seeking at least 2 1st rounders plus...Wonder how desperate Jerry is.  Bet so are the Jets.  

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Likely because he has shown displeasure there. He has had a few moments of “character” concerns if the Jets wanted to be super picky.... I wouldn’t be but I could see the organization talking themselves into that narrative.