The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Damn, was checking box scores, and the Royals have a 19 year old with 23 homers in Low-A? Crazy

Matias? A good bit based on where he is playing in Lexington. Yes, he has raw power, but nothing like he is showing. Plus, he is striking out 37% of the time. Other Lexington Legends players-MJ Melendez 10 HR, Dennicher Carrasco 8 HR, Brewer Hickelen 7 HR, Nick Pratto 7 HR. He plays in a big home run park.

Another good start from Shane Bieber for the Indians. He has 22 k’s 3 BB over 3 starts and 18 innings.  So nice to see that K/BB ratio staying high in his first few starts. One thing he needs to work on is pitching to contact better. His BAA is over .300. He needs to work on his stamina and pitching 3-4 times through the lineup  

Overall pretty impressed with his first couple starts. 

This might be the a huge homer post but I think Miles Straw (even though he is 23 in AAA) is a very underrated prospect.  I see 4 plus tools he has.  Hit, Run, Arm and Defense.  Im not buying the "he wont hit in the majors crap".  I see him being a very good leadoff man for a team.

Edited by Texansfan713

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Man that sucks.

It does but I don't think the Reds were going to give him a role on the big league club this year anyways. They are/were going to ride Scooter into the offseason and then deal him, I think. 

I continue to be impressed with Taylor Walls in Bowling Green. Watched him get three more hits tonight. He needs to be pushed up to A+. There is nothing left for him to prove in the Midwest League. I think he will reach the majors before McKay does.

The 10 most impressive guys Ive seen in person this year

• Taylor Walls-Bowling Green
  • Ronaldo Hernandez-Bowling Green
  • Royce Lewis-Cedar Rapids
  • Alex Kirilloff-Cedar Rapids
  • Drew Waters-Rome
  • Freddy Tarnok-Rome
  • Corey Ray-Biloxi
  • Touki Toussaint-Mississippi
  • Jack Flaherty-Memphis
  • Tyler O'Neill-Memphis

New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Round Rock, Colorado Springs, Tacoma, Asheville, Lake County, and West Michigan are other teams Ive seen in person this year.

Augusta vs Columbia(SAL), Nashville vs Oklahoma City(PCL), Bowling Green vs Quad Cities(MWL), Bowling Green vs Ft Wayne(MWL), Gwinnett vs Charlotte(INT) and Jackson vs Mobile(SOU) are games Im looking at going to in July.

Edited by devils1854

16 hours ago, devils1854 said:

The 10 most impressive guys Ive seen in person this year

• Taylor Walls-Bowling Green
  • Ronaldo Hernandez-Bowling Green
  • Royce Lewis-Cedar Rapids
  • Alex Kirilloff-Cedar Rapids
  • Drew Waters-Rome
  • Freddy Tarnok-Rome
  • Corey Ray-Biloxi
  • Touki Toussaint-Mississippi
  • Jack Flaherty-Memphis
  • Tyler O'Neill-Memphis

New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Round Rock, Colorado Springs, Tacoma, Asheville, and West Michigan are other teams Ive seen in person this year.

Augusta vs Columbia(SAL), Nashville vs Oklahoma City(PCL), Bowling Green vs Quad Cities(MWL), Bowling Green vs Ft Wayne(MWL), Gwinnett vs Charlotte(INT) and Jackson vs Mobile(SOU) are games Im looking at going to in July.

you should make a trip to corpus christi.  

16 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

you should make a trip to corpus christi.  

Thats too far for me to go. I try to stay within a few hours of Nashville. That gives me tons of options, and Ill be visiting the family in Georgia next week so that will let me go see Augusta and Gwinnett.

Fresno will be in Nashville in August. Hopefully Tucker and Whitley will be there then. 

Edited by devils1854

6 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Thats too far for me to go. I try to stay within a few hours of Nashville. That gives me tons of options, and Ill be visiting the family in Georgia next week so that will let me go see Augusta and Gwinnett.

Fresno will be in Nashville in August. Hopefully Tucker and Whitley will be there then. 

Whitley should be, I doubt Tucker will. He's been on fire recently and could get called up any day now, I expect he will at some point in July.