Cut Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

My waiver claim list, guys I'd consider picking up:

Alex Bars OL Bears- played pretty well at OG but also spot started at LT this past week and looked like he belonged.

Albert Huggins DT Texans- read good training camp reports on him, did well to control blockers and showed pressure on QBs. I'm eyeing him to replace Coley in backing up Larry O. Much higher upside, natural size and strength than Coley.

Willie Henry DT Ravens- flashed against us as I recall. Hurt last season. Supposedly looked healthy and in great shape but fell victim to numbers crunch. Strong interior pass rush potential. Local Glenville kid.

Treyvon Hester DT Eagles- a plus penetration 3-tech, high energy guy who was a legit figure on a deep DLine last year that also got squeezed by the numbers crunch. Also a plus special teams guy, making his name blocking kicks.

Daniel Wise DL Cowboys- imagine if we were so deep in the line that we had to let Devaroe Lawrence go; that's how Cowboys fans in their forum feel right now. He played hybrid DE/DT similar to Zettel, but actually good. Used power and technique to wreck OLines and made big plays in multiple games.

Kevin Givens DL 49ers- basically everything I just said about Wise apply to Givens. Brian Baldinger did a small piece on his preseason play. Loves him. Wise has more splash plays but not many.

Here's the one I expect some growns from...

Damontre Moore DE 49ers- washed out of the league, ended up in the AAF like Gilbert and D'Ernest Johnson, dominated with 7 sacks in like 7-8 games, and came to training camp where he seemingly proved to be a whole new player. This is one I happened to watch the 49ers, and he looked so much faster off the snap than he used to, looked quicker, more aggressive, with more conviction in his moves. He seriously looked dangerous as a backup true DE. I personally feel like he'd immediately be our 3rd best true outside pass rusher, tied with Avery, when Avery is 100%. 

Guys I'd sacrifice from our current roster for some of these guys:

Ekuale, Coley, and Chris Smith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

My waiver claim list, guys I'd consider picking up:

Alex Bars OL Bears- played pretty well at OG but also spot started at LT this past week and looked like he belonged.

Albert Huggins DT Texans- read good training camp reports on him, did well to control blockers and showed pressure on QBs. I'm eyeing him to replace Coley in backing up Larry O. Much higher upside, natural size and strength than Coley.

Willie Henry DT Ravens- flashed against us as I recall. Hurt last season. Supposedly looked healthy and in great shape but fell victim to numbers crunch. Strong interior pass rush potential. Local Glenville kid.

Treyvon Hester DT Eagles- a plus penetration 3-tech, high energy guy who was a legit figure on a deep DLine last year that also got squeezed by the numbers crunch. Also a plus special teams guy, making his name blocking kicks.

Daniel Wise DL Cowboys- imagine if we were so deep in the line that we had to let Devaroe Lawrence go; that's how Cowboys fans in their forum feel right now. He played hybrid DE/DT similar to Zettel, but actually good. Used power and technique to wreck OLines and made big plays in multiple games.

Kevin Givens DL 49ers- basically everything I just said about Wise apply to Givens. Brian Baldinger did a small piece on his preseason play. Loves him. Wise has more splash plays but not many.

Here's the one I expect some growns from...

Damontre Moore DE 49ers- washed out of the league, ended up in the AAF like Gilbert and D'Ernest Johnson, dominated with 7 sacks in like 7-8 games, and came to training camp where he seemingly proved to be a whole new player. This is one I happened to watch the 49ers, and he looked so much faster off the snap than he used to, looked quicker, more aggressive, with more conviction in his moves. He seriously looked dangerous as a backup true DE. I personally feel like he'd immediately be our 3rd best true outside pass rusher, tied with Avery, when Avery is 100%. 

Guys I'd sacrifice from our current roster for some of these guys:

Ekuale, Coley, and Chris Smith.

Like, but non left. 

Part 2:

To get Bars, I'd put Forbes on IR where he's eligible to return week 6 or 8 or whatever it is. Rest of the OLine will figure itself out by then.

Malik Jefferson LB Bengals- supreme athlete and potential. With one of the best LB coaches in the league and a simpler system, can we turn him into a guy? I'd let Adarius go for him. At the very least he's cheaper, way higher upside, and can take his spot on ST's. Besides, next year when Schobert and Kirksey are gone we're going to be glad to have him.

Ross Travis TE Colts- he's easily a better TE, especially pass catching, than Pharaoh Brown.

• Like 1

I'd be thrilled to walk away with Willie Henry, Daniel Wise, Damontre Moore, Jefferson, and Travis. At least one of these guys, Travis for sure, isn't eligible for waivers so we'd have to recruit him or them, which shouldn't be too hard these days.

Henry, Wise, and Moore over Ekuale, Coley, and Smith saves us money and is a complete improvement. Legit depth and guys you actually want to get snaps without that being a last case scenario.

Alex Bars would be a solid younger (and cheaper) option. Another veteran who is immediately available as a vested veteran is 30 year old, former Eagle and Raider Stefen Wisniewski. He has been an interior lineman for the bulk of his career. Could be a valuable pickup.

The Eagles also released former Notre Dame RB Josh Adams. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him.

• Like 1