College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

41 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll take this 1 step crazier. If we sign Trent Williams, I think a guy like C.J. Henderson from Florida would be a target in a trade down.

Vikings placed a heavy value and emphasis on CBs. Joe Woods in Denver had 3 stud CBs.

I like CJ Henderson a lot as well. I'm thinking he'll go 15-20ish and might make sense in that scenario. And I wouldn't hate if Cedee Lamb fell to 15 or so and we grabbed him after getting Trent.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I like CJ Henderson a lot as well. I'm thinking he'll go 15-20ish and might make sense in that scenario. And I wouldn't hate if Cedee Lamb fell to 15 or so and we grabbed him after getting Trent.

Henderson has a Stephon Gilmore ceiling to me. He could be absolutely fantastic if coached right.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It’s going to be that

I think it’ll end up being Andrew Thomas 

Not a bad pick either  by the sounds of it. 

A good tackle for 8-11 years is worth the number 10 pick. 

If we have two good tackles, a good gaurd and center, we should be fine across the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really think this curveball benefits us.

When things change on the fly, smart, organized people are going to adapt.  It’s going to hinder everyone to some degree, but us less than most imo.

Imagine John and Freddie trying to handle this 😂 

they’d be camped outside of Hooters trying to log on they WiFi 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really think this curveball benefits us.

When things change on the fly, smart, organized people are going to adapt.  It’s going to hinder everyone to some degree, but us less than most imo.

I be more confident if this wasnt their first year. First time GM first time HC and we have to deal with this. Bad timing. 

I think it will benefit the front offices who have been working together and are running like a well oiled machine. 

I think this is the draft you trade up for talent you truly believe in because you have no idea what you might have in later rounds because of how the scouting process has played out 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I be more confident if this wasnt their first year. First time GM first time HC and we have to deal with this. Bad timing. 

I mean, it’s everyone’s first time doing this.

I think it will benefit the front offices who have been working together and are running like a well oiled machine. 

That would be nice, but.... Jimmy Haslam.

I think this is the draft you trade up for talent you truly believe in because you have no idea what you might have in later rounds because of how the scouting process has played out 

Eh, they can still interview players over the phone etc.  

If you’re that skeptical of the process I think you trade out of the draft as much as you can for future picks when you can better evaluate things, but I don’t see this as being that big of an issue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah if anything if you can get the value trade into 2021. 

I could totally understand punting on that draft somewhat. We’ve never dealt with anything like this before. 

I’d understand it, and encourage it if you’re not confident in your picks.

Id imagine that’s more of a concern on day 3 than anything though.  The first 2 days shouldn’t be too bad.  You should have plenty of players with multiple years of tape/data on.

• Like 1