College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

39 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Bad news my man. Muti isn't getting out of the 2nd round. There are no 100% certainties in the draft, but I think it would take a La'El Collins level event for him to drop that far. He is an excellent mover in space and the dude looks for work, he's not happy with a play until he's put someone in the dirt.

Freaky you KNOW I respect your points of view......

But have you seen this kids Injury History?????

https://fanspeak.com/nfldraftnews/2019/11/22/fresno-state-og-netane-muti-ranks-as-top-interior-lineman-despite-injuries/

"After playing the first three games, Muti suffered a Lisfranc foot injury that required surgery.

When he’s played, though, Muti has dominated. At 6-foot-3, 307-pounds, he started 14 games as a redshirt freshman in 2017 but has only played in five games since then. Muti’s 2018 season ended after the team’s second game due to a ruptured Achilles injury.

As for that redshirt freshman season? He missed that campaign due to a similar injury."

He's basically missed 3 seasons with Major injuries.....

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If we’re going to draft an OT

We almost certainly are.

i think I was Jedrick Wills 

Did you have a stroke? Or just a weird dream?

I think he has the best movement Skills of the top 3 guys and if we’re running a ZBS that’ll be be vital 

He does not have the best movement skills. I think he's 3rd on the list in terms of movement ability. None of them are bad, but Wills has the heaviest feet. Thomas and Wirfs are excellent movers. Wills did play in a ZBS though. Thomas and Wirfs were base blocking/down blocking a lot more often than reaching to the 2nd level.

31 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Freaky you KNOW I respect your points of view......

But have you seen this kids Injury History?????

He's basically missed 3 seasons with Major injuries.....

Damn. I had definitely missed the lisfranc last year. His video is fantastic, but yeah, that's a way worse injury history than I had realized. I think he probably still goes 2nd-3rd, but a bad medical red flag at the combine could definitely drop him.

8 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Damn. I had definitely missed the lisfranc last year. His video is fantastic, but yeah, that's a way worse injury history than I had realized. I think he probably still goes 2nd-3rd, but a bad medical red flag at the combine could definitely drop him.

IF he can work out.....he had LisFranc surgery this year......he might not be cleared to run and do drills at the combine.....Probably his pro day...

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Do you all think we could trade Odell for Amari?

Im getting tired of Odell 

Butthurt over the LSU cash give-away, watch wearing, white shoes wearing when they should be dark shoes, near cop butt smack are we?

I wonder how you would've felt if you were instead a fan of the teams that Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Michael Irvin.

Relax man.

He's committed no crimes nor done anything truly terrible.

He's a young rock star who's had women and even grown men worshiping him since he was 19 years old. Some humans struggle with maturity through those times, and he definitely has.

Let him get healthy and let him ball out for the Browns for at least a season. Sit back and enjoy it.

Everyone's highly motivated... It's going to be a good season.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If this is a deep wr class we should draft a couple of mid round guys to learn off and then possibly succeed one of obj or juice, we won't be able to afford them both forever.

Why not?

If we don’t resign Schobert we will have crazy cap space available.

27 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If this is a deep wr class we should draft a couple of mid round guys to learn off and then possibly succeed one of obj or juice, we won't be able to afford them both forever.

I'm a fan of picking players from the best position groups in the draft each year.

The value always makes sense relative to other positions. Better players at a lower draft cost. Sign me up.

There's so many special WRs.... and more just keep popping up.. it's madness.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Why not?

If we don’t resign Schobert we will have crazy cap space available.

Baker, myles, denzel, chubb, will be at the peak of their careers while juice and obj will be on the decline, id rather keep them over aging stars. 

Players peak usually around 26-27-28, after that you need to be very selective who you hold onto.

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'm a fan of picking players from the best position groups in the draft each year.

The value always makes sense relative to other positions. Better players at a lower draft cost. Sign me up.

There's so many special WRs.... and more just keep popping up.. it's madness.

If its that good, get a wr in the 3rd and a the 5th, if either works out move on from juice imo

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker, myles, denzel, chubb, will be at the peak of their careers while juice and obj will be on the decline, id rather keep them over aging stars. 

Players peak usually around 26-27-28, after that you need to be very selective who you hold onto.

Why is it a lock Denzel and Baker will get contract extensions?

You're WAY too quick to get rid of consistent players in exchange for players who have sucked *** / been injured.