Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Picked up a Retron System, for those who don't know what they are, they are various systems that play older games. Not like a raspberry pi emulator for whatever system you wanted, they actually take the cartridges. I picked up one of the cheaper ones, I think you can get some that play everything from NES  to N64 and Sega as well, but those ran a bit more, but I thought that NES/SNES was good enough for me. Some of the games I've gotten are Mario for SNES, Zelda, Mystic Quest, TMNT for NES, Ghostbusters for NES, Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, and a whole bunch of other odd ones. It's a fun evening activity, just playing for a few minutes. I found out that I'm quite good at Tetris for NES.

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Picked up a Retron System, for those who don't know what they are, they are various systems that play older games. Not like a raspberry pi emulator for whatever system you wanted, they actually take the cartridges. I picked up one of the cheaper ones, I think you can get some that play everything from NES  to N64 and Sega as well, but those ran a bit more, but I thought that NES/SNES was good enough for me. Some of the games I've gotten are Mario for SNES, Zelda, Mystic Quest, TMNT for NES, Ghostbusters for NES, Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, and a whole bunch of other odd ones. It's a fun evening activity, just playing for a few minutes. I found out that I'm quite good at Tetris for NES.

That sounds really cool. First time I've heard about it, honestly. Would love to pop a couple of cartridges and take a trip down video game history.

Yeah, it's a ton of fun, and it's fun finding those old games at the shop. They had someone bring in and sell them some Marios, Megaman, Yoshi, and others in their boxes, so I went in to look at those, but the ones with their boxes are really pretty expensive. Otherwise, prices aren't bad. Mario was $25 as was Zelda, but some like the Star Wars and Mystic Quest were $10 or less.

played through racket and clank (ps4) never played the ps2 games but I'm having a blast with all the different weapons, even doing new game+ to use some of the ones I didn't use the last time. I wish more games were like this, just sort of goofy and fun, really makes me want a jak and daxter remake/reboot

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Titanic sinking so I played an old favorite of mine, Titanic: Adventure Out of Time. Had a blast with it, it's amazing how many I remembered. 

I want to play more old point &  click adventures, gonna drop some money on old Nancy Drew games I think. 

Big news coming out of Sega Fes' press conference: Shenmue 1 & 2 ports (though not remasters) coming to PS4/XB1 and Sega classics collection (Sega Ages) coming to the Switch. Even better news that just hit today: Saturn and Dreamcast games will be added later. ZOMG, please bring Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 and Crazy Taxi to the Switch. And one or more of their light gun games, House of the Dead 2 or 3 and/or Virtua Cop with the motion/grip controls would be awesome! Hell, Resident Evil: Revelations Collection pretty much already functions like a light gun game with the grip/motion controls, so it shouldn't be too hard to pull off. Jet Set Radio is another game that could work with them.

So I just found out the Wii Shop will be shutting down soon and I need some advice from everyone.  I still have 1200 points which is enough to buy one game (or two from the NES).  I can allegedly not add more money to buy more than one title.  I can buy one of the following games for the original Wii.

Paper Mario

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Kart 64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

F-Zero X

One of the Donkey King Country games

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Mega Man X

Mega Man X2

PilotWings

Super Mario Kart

Super Star Wars

Super Return of the Jedi

Super Empire Strikes Back

Super Metroid

Zombies Ate my Neighbors

Altered Beast

Phantasy Star 2

Phantasy Star 3

Phantasy Star 4

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for all

Original Final Fantasy AND Original Super Mario Brothers

Two of the following games: Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Excitebike, Kid Icarus, Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Punch-Out, Tecmo Bowl,

Now, as a point of clarification, the only games on that list that I have actually played (ever) are the Mario Kart games, the original Super Mario Brothers, the original Donkey Kong Country and two of the three Star Wars games.  Edit: And Punch Out, although I played the original and this one apparently replaces Mike Tyson with "Mr. Dream". 

Which game do you guys recommend I buy? 

Edited by Crickett

On 4/10/2018 at 3:07 PM, skywindO2 said:

Did anyone play Hellblade for the PS4? I thought it looked really interesting when it came out last year and noticed it's coming out for Xbox tomorrow. 

Ended up getting this and beating it. Really neat game but glad it was short because it was too repetitive. Not sure if it was worth the nearly full price, it was discounted for the Xbox release, but I'd still recommend anyone experiences it. Must wear headphones for it though.

Now playing:

7WeqwBP.jpg