Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Going to play Far Cry 5 next, but after that I got a few games in the back log to play including

The Last of Us
Wolfenstein 2
FF XV

Probably a few others that I don't remember, but which one of those three should I play first?

bruh you need to play the last of us asap 

one of the few true masterpiece video games 

Seriously, why couldn't they just let Ubisoft make the open world Star Wars game? They've had an okay track record as of late, certainly better than anything EA or Activision (the cancers of the gaming industry) would churn out.

Anyone but those 2 companies.

Edited by KManX89

Heh was rampaging John Seeds ranch with a chopper. Thought to myself.. wow this is too easy. All of a sudden I got RPG'd out of the sky from out of nowhere. I'm playing on Hard and sometimes I just feel way too OP. But it's nice when the AI gets the best of me. Kinda feel like moving to Montana after playing this. Aside from the cult seems like a nice play to live B|

15 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Heh was rampaging John Seeds ranch with a chopper. Thought to myself.. wow this is too easy. All of a sudden I got RPG'd out of the sky from out of nowhere. I'm playing on Hard and sometimes I just feel way too OP. But it's nice when the AI gets the best of me. Kinda feel like moving to Montana after playing this. Aside from the cult seems like a nice play to live B|

It's weird, I think in co-op you literally lose half your health. When I was first playing as a co-op partner for someone, I went down super easy. I thought that meant the game was just hard. But since story progression doesn't carry over for the co-op partner, I decided to just rush through my own story so I can get certain perks and guns like the extra gun holster. But during my solo playthrough, I was living through what seemed like would normally be something I would die to in co-op. I then even got my friend to join mine and just help me rush through my story and as soon as he joined I was dying quickly again.

It also doesn't help that the connection doesn't seem that great and I'm probably taking bullets from people I've already shot and killed but hasn't registered to the game.

13 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Seriously, why couldn't they just let Ubisoft make the open world Star Wars game? They've had an okay track record as of late, certainly better than anything EA or Activision (the cancers of the gaming industry) would churn out.

EA will be fine.  Stop worrying so much.  So you have to pay an extra five dollars to be able to have a lightsaber and an extra 97 cents per cutscene, what's the big deal? 

It’s hard to give EA the benefit of doubt, but you have to think after the mess that was BF2 they will crank out a good Star Wars game. They lost a lot of potential dollars and you have to think the big leagues will make sure this game is polished and enjoyable. Micro-transactions will still be there, but I’m sure way more subtle. 

Lol, who am i kidding... EA will EA.

5 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Absolutely they will, because millions of kids (and adults) continuously shell out big bucks for their microtransactions and "DLC". Why would they stop? They are making more money than ever

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

AI is incredibly bad which makes direct combat super easy... however the artificial difficulty is infuriating. The forced cut-scenes etc completely take me out of the game.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this game right now. It's half great and half abysmal. I love the actual game-play and setting, but I hate the pacing, story and characters. I simultaneously want to move to Montana and never play a video game again.

The "hive mind" the AI has aggravates me. If I take out one guy and hide his body and a dude stumbles upon it the other dude on top of a tower on the other side of the compound shouldn't instantly go into suspicious mode. I do like that the AI tries to flank and outmaneuver me but they leave themselves exposed way too much. Granted these are Montana militia level doomsday preppers and not properly trained military infantry soldiers. I don't like that the capture parties can't be defeated. Just wave after wave until you finally get hit and they take you in. Makes no sense that they wouldn't just end me after I've killed hundreds of their men and taken so many of their outposts. The make me see atonement storyline is pretty dumb. But the game is just so damn smooth. I don't even have that powerful of a gaming rig and I'm getting a steady 90FPS on Ultra at a high resolution. Ubisoft puts on some well optimized and stable games.

14 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Absolutely they will, because millions of kids (and adults) continuously shell out big bucks for their microtransactions and "DLC". Why would they stop? They are making more money than ever

They'll lose out on millions of dollars in sales, though. Case in point: BF2's sales are down 5 mil copies from BF1's 12 mil, so voting power DOES make a difference (read: dent in their wallet), just not big enough of one for companies like EA and Activision to ignore the dollar signs from the sheeple who buy their MTXs and ripoff DLC.

Seriously, they're worse than George RR Martin. 

Edited by KManX89

On 3/31/2018 at 5:05 PM, Shockey1979 said:

If you like meth, rapid climate change, and liberals we're the place for you. We do have a ridiculously wide surplus of outstanding beer to compensate tho

On 3/31/2018 at 8:31 PM, packerrfan74 said:

It’s hard to give EA the benefit of doubt, but you have to think after the mess that was BF2 they will crank out a good Star Wars game. They lost a lot of potential dollars and you have to think the big leagues will make sure this game is polished and enjoyable. Micro-transactions will still be there, but I’m sure way more subtle. 

EA just headed over to the Winchester for a pint to wait for it all to blow over and then they'll come back hard in the DLC game. The massive attack they faced months ago for battlefront 2 won't have taught them anything besides maybe just being a bit less sh***y with their schemes/make them less noticeable. EA is the one company that'll never change and never learn and never listen to its fans. It's one of the most powerful so it won't do anything til it's too late. 

23 minutes ago, Tyty said:

EA just headed over to the Winchester for a pint to wait for it all to blow over and then they'll come back hard in the DLC game. The massive attack they faced months ago for battlefront 2 won't have taught them anything besides maybe just being a bit less sh***y with their schemes/make them less noticeable. EA is the one company that'll never change and never learn and never listen to its fans. It's one of the most powerful so it won't do anything til it's too late. 

Actually, they're not the only one. Activision is more-or-less the same.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, Danger said:

Going to play Far Cry 5 next, but after that I got a few games in the back log to play including

The Last of Us
Wolfenstein 2
FF XV

Probably a few others that I don't remember, but which one of those three should I play first?

The Last of Us was my first PS4 game and probably one of the best I've played. It's short but fantastic and rather difficult.

FFXV is a great game purely for entertainment. The story wasn't awful but it was a ton of fun and I put a good 92 hours into it if not mistaken.

Never played the other so if you're going for hours of game play, definitely FFXV. tLoU took about 16 hours for me but I didn't try to find everything and whatnot.

7 hours ago, riceman80 said:

If you like meth, rapid climate change, and liberals we're the place for you. We do have a ridiculously wide surplus of outstanding beer to compensate tho

I'm from Rhode Island...
1) a Liberal La La Land... there is no possible way you have more. Last time we went Red was 1984
2) Blizzards, Hurricanes, and rising coastal flooding you got worse then that?
3) I'll pass on the meth though ^_^