Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

8 hours ago, drd23 said:

Did a cat burglar who moonlights as a cheese baron steal them while riding away on a Harley Davidson? 

(Yes those are pretty much the only two non-sports related things I know about Wisconsin xD

Would have been enjoyed that plot more tbh. 

On 7/25/2018 at 6:47 PM, Heimdallr said:

How hard would it be for someone with zero modding experience to install something like the Miami mod? 

Not at all.

Most Mods of that sort are on the Nexus: It's as simple as installing the mod manager and pressing download.

They teach you step by step what you need to do and some Youtubers even give video guides. 

On 7/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, MikeT14 said:

I thought this was another game! It's a mod? Wow

Yes.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

And don't forget the mod formerly known as Project Brazil finally coming out:

Also Lordbound and Beyond Skyrim for TES.

39 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Why are people commending the No Man Sky developer for finally getting their game right? I don't get commended when I yield at a stop sign. Should I be?

I guess it's just the gesture that they care enough for the game that they stuck with it and are loyal to the people who spent money on it.  I guess the alternative could be a game like Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite where they released a game and it was dead within a few months.  So many people's time and money is down the drain.

I haven't followed No Man Sky, but wasn't that game rushed out years ago and clearly wasn't finished?  Is that the developers fault or the publisher's fault?  For example, the publisher Activision/Blizzard does things that are totally independent of TreyArch - things that TreyArch may not even be on board with.

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Why are people commending the No Man Sky developer for finally getting their game right? I don't get commended when I yield at a stop sign. Should I be?

No but it's better then the alternative of the person being crazy and owning a gun. 

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

It's the act of supporting a game that was clearly rushed out and not just abandoning it like countless devs have done.

Their PR team was beyond stupid in letting Murray be the face of No Man's sky but I have to commend them for actually trying to deliver on what was promised. Current no man's sky is about as close as you're probably gonna get to what it should be barring future updates.

15 hours ago, Mossburg said:

No.  Maybe if you yielded at a yield sign and stopped at a stop sign, you'd get your due credit. 

13 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's the act of supporting a game that was clearly rushed out and not just abandoning it like countless devs have done.

Their PR team was beyond stupid in letting Murray be the face of No Man's sky but I have to commend them for actually trying to deliver on what was promised. Current no man's sky is about as close as you're probably gonna get to what it should be barring future updates.

Right, so they did the right thing that was expected of them to do from the beginning. If they'd abandon it they'd be dirt bags. They released an early access game and charged a full price while offering all kinds of misleading hype and finished the game years later. Not sure why some people are acting as it's some kind of super noble act.

5 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Right, so they did the right thing that was expected of them to do from the beginning. If they'd abandon it they'd be dirt bags. They released an early access game and charged a full price while offering all kinds of misleading hype and finished the game years later. Not sure why some people are acting as it's some kind of super noble act.

Do you know how rare it is for a dev to finish an early access game and try to deliver on their promise? I'm not saying what they did was right but at least they tried to fix it.

I'd say they've come pretty close to delivering on the experience.