Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 10/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, Heimdallr said:

who would have thought that Activision / Call of Duty would be the most consumer friendly release right now? Strange times.

Imma go ahead and throw in a mention for Obsidian Entertainment. Releasing a polished and finished product on day one with zero microtransactions. Go check out Outer Worlds people. It's fantastic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Looks like EA has officially canned NBA Live, at least for this console generation.

Smart move imo, the product hasn't really been competitive against 2k anyway and when making yearly releases there is only so much you can do to make a game better. By taking time off they can completely rebuild the game for the next gen consoles allowing them to do a major overhaul that you just can't do with a yearly release schedule.

Oh course, they'll probably still manage to screw it up and make it terrible anyway... But it's still the smart thing to do.

Edited by rob_shadows

GR Breakpoint is a shambles. It's basically a shop - you spend your money on a game that is actually an online shop. Not to mention it isn't tactical. Tinder is more tactical that GR Breakpoint.

What a disappointment. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Imma go ahead and throw in a mention for Obsidian Entertainment. Releasing a polished and finished product on day one with zero microtransactions. Go check out Outer Worlds people. It's fantastic.

I'm thinking I might have to.  I was a huge fan of KOTOR 2, and while I never finished Alpha Protocol, they did a great job taking a risk and it was a great story.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm thinking I might have to.  I was a huge fan of KOTOR 2, and while I never finished Alpha Protocol, they did a great job taking a risk and it was a great story.  

$1 trial for Game Pass on Xbox or through the Microsoft Store will give you access. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

GR Breakpoint is a shambles. It's basically a shop - you spend your money on a game that is actually an online shop. Not to mention it isn't tactical. Tinder is more tactical that GR Breakpoint.

What a disappointment. 

Sounds like what Battlefront II was going to be with all of the lootboxes, but instead of lootboxes you buy what you want.  That's their way around it. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:08 AM, iknowcool said:

Damn shame too.  I was really looking forward to this 2K.  

There's really no reason the game shouldn't be amazing.  The roster has never been bigger or more diverse, plus you have ALL the old superstars you can put into the game.  

I remember how fun the old WWE games were to play online, like in the PS3/360 era.  It's been consistently broken ever since 2K took over.  Then last year, the career mode was a pleasant surprise and this year it's glitched trash.  Really disappointing.  

Hopefully they actually take their time with the next game having another year to put in their own vision.  Great or even good WWE games have always been a blast to play and the customization that you can do nowadays should be able to put it over the top if they can pull it off.

Nothing beats the N64 games, culminating with No Mercy.  That's a classic no matter what.  

They had Yukes pull out, but this is 2K Sports we're talking about, not some start up company.  They have no excuse for the product that was shipped, none at all.  This kills franchises.  Mass Effect is on ice for it, and they eventually fixed it but people were warned not to come back.  Battlefront 2 did it with lootboxes.  SimCity also flopped on release- Amazon stopped selling it at one point, and EA was offering people a free game from the Origin library to make up for it.  

• Like 1

Death Stranding. 

Kojima's new project.

Now this one intrigued me, but now it's about to drop, it looks like a post apocalyptic Amazon Prime service. You essentially deliver stuff to a bunch of independent cities in a now barren America. It looks fantastic, it really does. But the gameplay sounds boring. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Death Stranding. 

Kojima's new project.

Now this one intrigued me, but now it's about to drop, it looks like a post apocalyptic Amazon Prime service. You essentially deliver stuff to a bunch of independent cities in a now barren America. It looks fantastic, it really does. But the gameplay sounds boring. 

It's supposed to be mundane and frustrating at times, that's the intent. It's kinda neat. Watched a friend who has a review copy putz around with it and it's... different. Enjoyable different. Definitely wanna play it.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1