Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

• 2 weeks later...

Sony's State of Play is later tonight.     Last of Us 2 is going to be the big thing, but there are also strong rumors that the next Batman Arkham game could be unveiled.     If not tonight, then soon...and Im extremely excited about that.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sony's State of Play is later tonight.     Last of Us 2 is going to be the big thing, but there are also strong rumors that the next Batman Arkham game could be unveiled.     If not tonight, then soon...and Im extremely excited about that.

It's going to be made by the developers who made Arkham Origins, right?

I liked Origins, so I'm excited and I love Batman games.  Hopefully if the Batmobile returns, they do it better than Arkham Knight did.  Batmobile legit ruined the game for me.  It needed way more boss fights than it had but instead we got dozens of really boring Batmobile battles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It's going to be made by the developers who made Arkham Origins, right?

I liked Origins, so I'm excited and I love Batman games.  Hopefully if the Batmobile returns, they do it better than Arkham Knight did.  Batmobile legit ruined the game for me.  It needed way more boss fights than it had but instead we got dozens of really boring Batmobile battles.

I agree.

Batmobile didn't ruin it for me, but it was definitely a bigger part of the game than it should have been.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I really want to get back into video gaming, but nothing excites me anymore.  I haven’t even bought Madden this year and I have no desire to.

I only have interest in RPGs and simulation type games.  Or strategy games.  

I’m getting old.

What’s the last major game you played?  Could offer some recommendations based off that. 

But I agree.  There haven’t been a lot of strong original games recently, especially on Xbox.  It’s embarrassing how bad Xbox’s exclusives have been this gen.

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That gonna be an RPG?  Because I could get into that.

It's going to be open world but not sure how much RPG aspects will be used. I think it looks dope but probably won't play it. Looks more like a movie than anything.

RPGs are my shhhh though. Honestly, I think you should try Horizon: Zero Dawn. It'll be cheap now and has been overwhelmingly positive as far as reviews go. Excellent story, excellent creatures, excellent graphics. 

If you've never played Fallout games before, the 4th installment will last you forever lol.

Also highly recommend The Witcher 3 as well. Very highly recommend.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

It's going to be open world but not sure how much RPG aspects will be used. I think it looks dope but probably won't play it. Looks more like a movie than anything.

RPGs are my shhhh though. Honestly, I think you should try Horizon: Zero Dawn. It'll be cheap now and has been overwhelmingly positive as far as reviews go. Excellent story, excellent creatures, excellent graphics. 

If you've never played Fallout games before, the 4th installment will last you forever lol.

Also highly recommend The Witcher 3 as well. Very highly recommend.

I started Horizon: Zero Dawn.  I liked it, but then I got really busy and just couldn't finish.  I still have it, so I will restart it soon. 

I like the Fallout games, but I always feel like they're missing something.  Loved the settlement building in the last one.  Will definitely buy the next Fallout if they expand on that settlement building.

The Witcher 3 is probably my favorite game of all time. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I started Horizon: Zero Dawn.  I liked it, but then I got really busy and just couldn't finish.  I still have it, so I will restart it soon. 

I like the Fallout games, but I always feel like they're missing something.  Loved the settlement building in the last one.  Will definitely buy the next Fallout if they expand on that settlement building.

The Witcher 3 is probably my favorite game of all time. 

If you like Fallout games 76 might be right up your Alley.