Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Damn no thread for TC: Ghost Recon Breakpoint or the new Pokémon games? I think breakpoint has a good chance to be game of the year. Also really excited for Dying Light 2

I've actually never played any Pokemon beyond the first two series, and the Stadium games for N64.  Are they on the switch or gameboy now?

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've actually never played any Pokemon beyond the first two series, and the Stadium games for N64.  Are they on the switch or gameboy now?

I haven’t played them in a while either but I think they’re all on the switch now. They took the gyms out of the last generation and I just thought overall it didn’t interest me so I skipped it. Apparently they’re bringing gyms back for this generation and I’m intrigued by it being on the switch.

5 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

how old are you?

Also the switch. 

LOL, I meant the 3DS or whatever their previous mobile device was.  I wasn't sure if that was still supported since the Switch can also be mobile.  

I actually do have an OG Gameboy though, and despite the insane amount of batteries it takes, still runs like a champ.  

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

LOL, I meant the 3DS or whatever their previous mobile device was.  I wasn't sure if that was still supported since the Switch can also be mobile.  

I actually do have an OG Gameboy though, and despite the insane amount of batteries it takes, still runs like a champ.  

The 3DS got like....one new game this year? 

I miss nintendo's old approach to hardware, pre Wii it lasted for decades. Now one scratch and you might as well use it as a paperweight. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:40 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Didn't play, watched about an hour of early access footage. For context this is the guy that convinced me to play until dawn. 

https://www.pcinvasion.com/man-of-medan-guide-unlocking-scene-selection-and-curators-cut/ It has 24 scenes so like 3-5? 

i actually did end up buying it, and i love it.

so far all characters alive, and its got a really intense feeling to it

sometimes im making "bad choices" on purpose bc im doing what would fit the characters.

lis, i just wanted something like Telltale, but better, and this delivers on this front.

im sure Until Dawn is better, but i cant play that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

i actually did end up buying it, and i love it.

so far all characters alive, and its got a really intense feeling to it

sometimes im making "bad choices" on purpose bc im doing what would fit the characters.

lis, i just wanted something like Telltale, but better, and this delivers on this front.

im sure Until Dawn is better, but i cant play that

Glad you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. 

10 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Gears 5 come out next week? Wow I've heard nothing about it. 

I was coming in here to post about Gears of War 5, but I've heard plenty about it.  During E3, Microsoft were giving away Game Pass Ultimate for a year or longer for $1.  With Game Pass Ultimate, you get the ultimate edition of games on launch day.  In the case of Gears 5, the game is playable on Thursday.  It was Friday Sept 6th, but they moved it up a bit. 

I'm already pre-loaded and ready to go. 

Time to dust off the gnasher

loc_gnasher_542x542-7682be65dd934882a990

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

I haven’t played them in a while either but I think they’re all on the switch now. They took the gyms out of the last generation and I just thought overall it didn’t interest me so I skipped it. Apparently they’re bringing gyms back for this generation and I’m intrigued by it being on the switch.

I read up on it, and it has an open world concept, which is cool.  It will also have a large Safari Zone section where you can get different wild Pokemon depending on the season, time of day, etc.  

I haven't played since Gold and Crystal, but I'm definitely interested in hopping in if the open world concept is executed well.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, showtime said:

Gears 5 tonight.  9pm est/6pm pst.  I'm so ready for this.

What are your thoughts on it? I didn't get to play much of it yet due to being busy yesterday and getting kicked out of games on Friday. But it seems fun from what I've played.