Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

10 hours ago, drd23 said:

There is a very strong "just one more turn" feel to Rimworld.

The number of times I sat down after dinner thinking I'd play for a couple of hours only to look up later and realise that it was past 2am...

Happened to me last night and I got a 7 month old baby. I'm hurting today. I swear it took me almost two hours to start a new colony between mod loads and then getting stuck in Prepare Carefully. 

I've been getting a kick out of all the memes at the latest Bethesda debacle. 

As I'm sure you've all heard, they locked Doom 1-3 behind a Bethesda.net account, requiring a second account from their client to play them on PSN and XBL. Of course, they claim it was an "accident", but then again, they also claim that them delisting and removing the games from people's XBL and PSN accounts was a mistake, err, "glitch" as well, so I don't buy that ish for one second. "A Bethesda.net account is required to play this game", stuff like that doesn't get coded in "by accident", it even says so on the games' store page. They didn't like the uproar and backpedaled, simple as.

Oh, and speaking of uproar, the memes have been rolling in, and they're freaking hilarious. "A Bethesda.net account is required to view this tweet" ROTGDFLMMFAO!  xD

Bethesda is the one game company that screws up it's bigger titles (FO, ES) hard but somehow manages to own some of the premier game studios (Arkane, Wolfenstein, Doom developers etc.) and refuses to use those good game engines for their own higher profile games. 

20 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I've been getting a kick out of all the memes at the latest Bethesda debacle. 

As I'm sure you've all heard, they locked Doom 1-3 behind a Bethesda.net account, requiring a second account from their client to play them on PSN and XBL. Of course, they claim it was an "accident", but then again, they also claim that them delisting and removing the games from people's XBL and PSN accounts was a mistake, err, "glitch" as well, so I don't buy that ish for one second. "A Bethesda.net account is required to play this game", stuff like that doesn't get coded in "by accident", it even says so on the games' store page. They didn't like the uproar and backpedaled, simple as.

Oh, and speaking of uproar, the memes have been rolling in, and they're freaking hilarious. "A Bethesda.net account is required to view this tweet" ROTGDFLMMFAO!  xD

I don't get the big deal... Other companies have been doing this for years...EA, 2K, Blizzard... All have had games where you were required to create an account with them to play it.

As long as the account is free... Who cares?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 12:15 PM, rob_shadows said:

I don't get the big deal... Other companies have been doing this for years...EA, 2K, Blizzard... All have had games where you were required to create an account with them to play it.

Why should we have to create a second account to play a game we already paid for? Especially a 26 year old game they didn't even make and didn't require a constant online connection before? We already bought it with an XBL/PSN account, we should be able to play it with that account, it's that simple. There's no reason we should be forced to make a second account with every game publisher. This ish will only lead to more piracy because people are getting tired of having to jump through hoops to access stuff they already paid for.

But on the plus side, it led to some great memes, so there's that, I guess. 

On 7/29/2019 at 1:39 AM, DingoLadd said:

Bethesda is the one game company that screws up it's bigger titles (FO, ES) hard but somehow manages to own some of the premier game studios (Arkane, Wolfenstein, Doom developers etc.) and refuses to use those good game engines for their own higher profile games. 

76, and ESO were failures but when Bethesda makes a single player game its quality is second to none. Especially this day in age where single players like that are dying off. I'm praying VR brings back that genre in full force. I would love to play a fully functional FO VR game. 

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

76, and ESO were failures but when Bethesda makes a single player game its quality is second to none. Especially this day in age where single players like that are dying off. I'm praying VR brings back that genre in full force. I would love to play a fully functional FO VR game. 

Should use past tense for sure imo. Bethesda hasn’t had a decent single player game since Skyrim 

• Like 2

I know I play a lot of Dota, but this is not a good enough reason to be cheated on. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up.

My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "just some friends from work, you don't know them." I sometimes stay awake to look out for her cab coming home, but she always comes walking up the drive as I hear the sound of a car leaving, around the corner, as if she has gotten out and walked the rest of the way. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi at all?

I once picked up her cell phone, just to see what time it was. This caused her to go completely berserk. She quickly snatched the phone out of my hand and cursed me hysterically, screaming that I should never touch her personal property, then accused me of trying to spy on her.

Anyways, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to follow her.

As I followed her with my car, I noticed that she entered a stranger's (at least for me) house. I quickly went to the window and saw a muscular and attractive guy sitting at his PC.

Believe it or not: he was playing Dota2, probably a ranked match. He paused the game, and went to the door to greet her, and yes. They kissed pretty passionately.

But then, I realized one thing by looking closely at his computer: he was playing Legion Commander jungle. He had rushed Shadow Blade with only Mek in his inventory. So, my question is, should I just report him or should I explain how treads phase first are important and blink dagger is better on LC?

On 7/29/2019 at 12:15 PM, rob_shadows said:

the people who want to play offline and don't want to deal with DRM that will kill games because it has an expiration date. 

DRM is awful. 

37 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Should use past tense for sure imo. Bethesda hasn’t had a decent single player game since Skyrim 

I really hope you're talking developed by bethesda because bethesda owned studios have made some GOAT games since skyrim. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

I really hope you're talking developed by bethesda because bethesda owned studios have made some GOAT games since skyrim. 

Evil Within 2, developed by Tango Softworks which is owned by Bethesda. They also made Fallout 4 in house.

But yeah, lately they've had nothing but f ups. They're turning into EA/Acti. I guess that makes sense, after all, you can't spell Bethesda without EA.

And on that note.

57 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Evil Within 2, developed by Tango Softworks which is owned by Bethesda. They also made Fallout 4 in house.

But yeah, lately they've had nothing but f ups. They're turning into EA/Acti. I guess that makes sense, after all, you can't spell Bethesda without EA.

And on that note.

People used to act like Bethesda glitches and slip ups were adorable but people are finally starting to be bothered by it

I just recently borrowed my brother's Switch since he graduated school and got a job. He beat all the games he had, so he won't miss it for a while. 

I been playing BotW and I'm only like seven years behind on games but this game is incredible. Any tips for beginners? Also, anyone have any Switch games they recommend for me to try in the next couple months?

21 hours ago, showtime said:

I know I play a lot of Dota, but this is not a good enough reason to be cheated on. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up.

My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "just some friends from work, you don't know them." I sometimes stay awake to look out for her cab coming home, but she always comes walking up the drive as I hear the sound of a car leaving, around the corner, as if she has gotten out and walked the rest of the way. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi at all?

I once picked up her cell phone, just to see what time it was. This caused her to go completely berserk. She quickly snatched the phone out of my hand and cursed me hysterically, screaming that I should never touch her personal property, then accused me of trying to spy on her.

Anyways, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to follow her.

As I followed her with my car, I noticed that she entered a stranger's (at least for me) house. I quickly went to the window and saw a muscular and attractive guy sitting at his PC.

Believe it or not: he was playing Dota2, probably a ranked match. He paused the game, and went to the door to greet her, and yes. They kissed pretty passionately.

But then, I realized one thing by looking closely at his computer: he was playing Legion Commander jungle. He had rushed Shadow Blade with only Mek in his inventory. So, my question is, should I just report him or should I explain how treads phase first are important and blink dagger is better on LC?

No one gonna acknowledge this?

Is this some copypasta im not privy to, or is this seriously going on? If so, I;m so sorry man, that really sucks. Dont know anything about dota, but I hope you can figure things out with your wife

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 12:38 PM, Cheesehawk said:

No one gonna acknowledge this?

Is this some copypasta im not privy to, or is this seriously going on? If so, I;m so sorry man, that really sucks. Dont know anything about dota, but I hope you can figure things out with your wife

I thought he was joking because of the last sentence.