Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 6/3/2019 at 9:55 AM, TXsteeler said:

Depends on what consoles you have and how far back you want to go in gaming. I would say that God of War 2018 and Breath of the Wild are worth the cost of their consoles alone.

You should also pick up the Master Chief Collection and play Halo 1-3 if you like shooters at all. Could get through all three in a weekend of heavy gaming but it's a classic for sure.

I did play the Master Chief Collection, it was great.

Playstation seems to have all the good must-play exclusives, sucks that I happened to go with Xbox back in the day (although Game Pass is nice).  I'm dying to play The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, etc.  The only thing holding me back from buying a PS4 is that the next gen will come be coming sooner rather than later and I'd rather not spend the money for a console that will soon be old news.  If I don't decide to build a PC I will definitely be going with PS next generation.

Also dying to play Breath of the Wild but I just can't bring myself to buy an entire console for one game lol

8 hours ago, bananabucket said:

The only thing holding me back from buying a PS4 is that the next gen will come be coming sooner rather than later and I'd rather not spend the money for a console that will soon be old news.

8 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Also dying to play Breath of the Wild but I just can't bring myself to buy an entire console for one game lol

Step 1. Find a place to Rent God of War.

Step 2. On a saturday morning, Rent God of War.

Step 3. Immediately go to a wal-mart and buy a ps4.

Step 4. Play God of War all day long during saturday and Sunday.

Step 5. Call out of work sunday night for monday through wednesday.

Step 6. Finish God of War sometime during Wednesay (about 60 hours iirc?).

Step 7. Return God of War to your rental location.

Step 8. Box up and return the ps4 to wal-mart.

Step 9. Repeat steps 1 through 4 with a Switch and BoTW.

Step 10. Decide to keep the switch.

Step 11. Return your BoTW rental and go buy it.

Step 12. Decide whether or not to call out of work again.

• Like 5

So I am trying to play Persona 5 for like the 5th attempt. I have a really hard time with games that put you on a time limit to do certain things... Anyone have any pointers on how I can make this less stressful then I feel trying to play it?

On 6/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, Spartacus said:

So I am trying to play Persona 5 for like the 5th attempt. I have a really hard time with games that put you on a time limit to do certain things... Anyone have any pointers on how I can make this less stressful then I feel trying to play it?

In the tv show Heroes, Hiro Nakamura would just freeze time whenever he felt he didn’t have enough time for something 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:49 AM, bananabucket said:

Playstation seems to have all the good must-play exclusives, sucks that I happened to go with Xbox back in the day (although Game Pass is nice).  I'm dying to play The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, etc.  The only thing holding me back from buying a PS4 is that the next gen will come be coming sooner rather than later and I'd rather not spend the money for a console that will soon be old news.  If I don't decide to build a PC I will definitely be going with PS next generation.

I didn't feel like buy a Switch for $300 for BotW, so I bought a used Wii U for $120, then got BotW and XC:X for $50.  I'll buy a Switch in a few years when its cheaper if they get some more quality exclusives.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I didn't feel like buy a Switch for $300 for BotW, so I bought a used Wii U for $120, then got BotW and XC:X for $50.  I'll buy a Switch in a few years when its cheaper if they get some more quality exclusives.

Damn I didn't even know it was available on the Wii U, that's a good idea.

5 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Damn I didn't even know it was available on the Wii U, that's a good idea.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I'd say just emulate if you have a good enough PC (There's a pretty good Wii u Emulator out there) 

Won't link because forum policy but I think it's Cemu. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 8:37 AM, DingoLadd said:

I'd say just emulate if you have a good enough PC (There's a pretty good Wii u Emulator out there) 

Won't link because forum policy but I think it's Cemu. 

I did this but that was like 2 years ago, game was super buggy but it is so fun you will likely want to buy a switch anyways.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:35 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I'll buy a Switch in a few years when its cheaper if they get some more quality exclusives.

Bro what are your standards? The switch has barely been out over a year and already has a handful of top tier exclusives.

Plus you can buy a pro controller (cleanest controller of all time imo.) and a gooseneck and then put your switch into it and latch that thing to your beside table or headboard or something and game while laying in bed in the most comfortable way possible.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 2:49 AM, bananabucket said:

PS5 is probably coming out during holiday of 2020, but there is a chance it may release earlier than that.  Probably should just wait since you can play all those PS4 games on the PS5 anyway.

As far as the Switch goes, it is the best console out right now, imo.  They have a ton of great games on it, especially if you don't own a WiiU, which most people don't.

I mean, just this year alone starting this month and the rest of the year:  Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword and Shield, etc.  That's in addition to Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart, etc and all the other great exclusive already out.

The Switch is def worth getting, imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Bro what are your standards? The switch has barely been out over a year and already has a handful of top tier exclusives.

Plus you can buy a pro controller (cleanest controller of all time imo.) and a gooseneck and then put your switch into it and latch that thing to your beside table or headboard or something and game while laying in bed in the most comfortable way possible.

What exclusives?

Mario games are good but I'm not into them.

The only two games on Switch I wanted are Zelda and Xenoblade 2....and I was able to get Zelda and Xenoblade X with the Wii U for 200 bucks cheaper.

Beyond that, most of the cross console games on Switch are much better and more optimized on other consoles.

So, again, I'll consider buying a Switch when the price goes down if there are more reasons to buy it in the future.

20 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What exclusives?

Mario games are good but I'm not into them.

The only two games on Switch I wanted are Zelda and Xenoblade 2....and I was able to get Zelda and Xenoblade X with the Wii U for 200 bucks cheaper.

Beyond that, most of the cross console games on Switch are much better and more optimized on other consoles.

So, again, I'll consider buying a Switch when the price goes down if there are more reasons to buy it in the future.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/best-nintendo-switch-exclusives/

Plus there are more games coming out like the new pokemon games, animal crossing, etc.

28 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/best-nintendo-switch-exclusives/

Plus there are more games coming out like the new pokemon games, animal crossing, etc.

I agree that the Switch has insane exclusives, but he obviously doesn't like those games.  IMO, Mario Odyssey is the best Mario game ever made and is 100% worth playing.  The games coming out this year alone, starting with Mario Maker 2 are crazy.